• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How bad will Columbus Day weekend be? And...

How does that compare to week after Easter? Is that what you mean by super crowded?

Don't know. I've never been week after Easter.

When it is SUPER CROWDED, the line for Splash Mountain is a lot longer than 60 minutes (try two hours or longer).

Sixty minutes would be about what I would expect in mid afternoon on most Mondays with warm weather.

I disagree. I've been at the end of Sept several times and have never seen Splash at 60 minutes. I was comparing the Columbus Day weekend to the previous week where Splash was only a 10 minute wait.

So more like a level 5 than a level 9?

I would say a 6. All the rides had 45 - 60 minute waits. It was jam packed where you couldn't even walk and this was early morning & early evening. We left by lunchtime b/c it was that crowded I felt we couldn't move.

I always go during low season so it felt very crowded. Someone that goes during Spring Break, maybe it didn't feel quite as crowded to them.

Don't know. I've never been week after Easter.

I disagree. I've been at the end of Sept several times and have never seen Splash at 60 minutes. I was comparing the Columbus Day weekend to the previous week where Splash was only a 10 minute wait.

I would say a 6. All the rides had 45 - 60 minute waits. It was jam packed where you couldn't even walk and this was early morning & early evening. We left by lunchtime b/c it was that crowded I felt we couldn't move.

I always go during low season so it felt very crowded. Someone that goes during Spring Break, maybe it didn't feel quite as crowded to them.

Ok, thanks for your input. That comparison makes sense.

We were planning on going Columbus day weekend but starting to rethink this after reading all the info... seems like it could be very busy. Would we be better off going first week of Oct?? I would appreciate any opinions!!

I was there over this past Columbus Day weekend and I found it very tolerable. Granted my only other Disney experience is during the summer and during Christmas season.

The nice thing about Columbus Day I found, was that even if you find it crowded, it's at least not ungodly hot.

We are going over Columbus Day because that's around where my DD's birthday falls and I'm hoping that it's not super crowded.

Now I've been to Disney over the week between Christmas and New Year's and I don't remember it being that bad :lmao:

Columbus Day itself we aren't planning on being in the parks since that's our MNSSHP day. But we'll see how it goes. Personally we can't change our dates for a couple of reasons (DH's work schedule, DD's birthday)

Columbus Day weekend is busier than the surrounding days/weeks. We were there last year and Sat, Sun and Mon were way more crowded than Tues - Sat following it.
It was certainly manageable and not holiday weeks crowded, but busy enough to feel the difference.
Good Luck

Hmmmm- I'm so on the fence about it. They are rating Sun the 13th as a level 9... I don't think I have been there for level 9. Granted we are staying at Contemporary so we could just hang at pool if it gets too busy and go back in the evening. I will probably do park hopper option as well to be able to get away from crowds at MK.

Hmmmm- I'm so on the fence about it. They are rating Sun the 13th as a level 9... I don't think I have been there for level 9. Granted we are staying at Contemporary so we could just hang at pool if it gets too busy and go back in the evening. I will probably do park hopper option as well to be able to get away from crowds at MK.

Where are you looking for levels? Easywdw has Saturday as level 7 and Sunday as level 6. Is it October 12 & 13?

I look at touring plans- and I honestly don't know why because others don't charge a fee! For some reason I trust them- they are the ones who write the Unoffical Guide. Maybe I should check others...

Many people like Josh at Easywdw. I think his levels are for overall crowds in WDW as a whole. Maybe levels for individual parks are different. My family has only been the first week of April as that's our spring break so we are used to level 9 & 10 with parks reaching capacity many times. I'm hoping we can see a big difference in October crowds, LOL!

I just checked out that site, interesting- doesn't look as "scary". The only difference is my kids would miss one less day of school- doesn't seem like much but it matters to us. Maybe I'll just brave it and book for that weekend- I'll get park hopper so we can escape if need be!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter