How bad was it on the 4th of July?

we were there on the 3rd and the crowds were suprisingly light. we got there at 9am and rode everything with the wait no longer than 10 minutes for some others we walked right on. we came back at 7pm and it still wasnt bad. Now the 4th we did seaworld and the crowds were not bad but when we went back at 7pm to watch the fireworks- we turned around the parking lot was full- we headed over to DTD and it was packed!

I think the problem lies in the fact that they guarantee entry into the parks to all resort guests, even when it is closed to non-resort guests. They can't shut the gates to late-arriving resort guests because of this guarantee.

We were in Mk July 4th from around 10:30 - 2.
We returned home briefly and drove to MGM.
MK was not bad on Main St. But getting off into the Lands was not a pretty sight. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.
getting into MK was rime consuming and a pain. VERY crowded going in. More security. At least the parking was more organized than usual. And the the monorail and boats were running faster. (Three boats, rather than 2.)
Later at MGM a CM told us they were almost at capcity at MK, and he gave the figure. I don't recall what it was.
MGM was not that busy. I was surprised.
Agree with the another poster that it did not seem busy until right before the fireworks began. It seemed less crowded than usual.

We were there over July 4. My son and husband went into EPCOT in the afternoon and did single rider on Test Track and Mission Space. Both of those were about a 20 minute wait for single rider. We walked from Boardwalk to MGM for the 9:00 fireworks. It was crowded, but I think most everyone tried to stay on the Main Street in MGM. We then quickly departed and walked back to Boardwalk and entered into the World Showcase entrace at EPCOT for the 10:00 Illuminations and fireworks. I thought it was crowded, but not more than on Christmas Day 2 years ago.

The fireworks were awesome and not to be missed. We had planned on MK, but decided against it on the last day. Just too tired after being in the world for 14 days.

Pam

My 13DD and I started out at MGM on the 4th. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all. We rode everything and saw Millionaire a couple of times. We decided to go back to SOG around 2 and lounge at the pool. It rained about 5 or so, then at 7 we went to MK for the fireworks. BIG MISTAKE! We have been at Disney World several times on July 4th, but we have never gone to MK. And now I know why! I have never seen crowds like this before! You could not move. We got stuck by the bridge near Liberty Square and could not go any farther. The fireworks were beautiful and they were shooting them from various places around the park. Some of them we couldn't see from where we were. Next year I think we will stay at the resort in the evening or go to MGM and watch the fireworks.

You are all so brave to go on the 4th like that! I would personally never dream of doing DW (especially MK!) on the 4th. My DH and I thought we were brave b/c we went to Panama City Beach on the 4th to watch the fireworks (and actually the crowds were not bad there at all, btw). But I gotta say, you all are much braver than us, b/c PCB is nothing compared to the crowds at DW!:earseek:

Our 2003 July 4th experience:

We went to MGM till about 1 -- not crowded at all. Could not believe how empty it was. We rode RnR 3X in a row when we got there. Hung out at SAB in the afternoon, went to Narcossees for dinner, watched MK fireworks from Narcoossees, drove back to BC and walked down to the International Gateway and saw Illuminations and 4th fw from there. It was a perfect day.

Our reservations for Narcossees was for 6:40, the MK music was piped in and we had a perfect spot on the porch. We leisurely walked back to our car parked at GF and drove back to BC. Of course the crowds from MK have to get to the parking lot which takes several minutes, so our drive back was on empty roads.

On another note, one thing our family realized last summer was that we loved Disney even when it was hot and crowded (most of our trips have been off season). I think your plan and your attitude has a lot to do with how much fun you will have.

We checked into the Poly on the 4th. We spent the afternoon in the pool until the rains hit about 5:30.

I had made a 6:30 PS for Ohana's that night. Even getting there at 6:20, it was still 7:15 before we got our table. Without a PS the wait was 3.5 hours.

The beach at the poly was a mad house by 8:00 People were everywhere and pulling chairs from all the pools to the beaches or bringing thier own chairs. Luckily we could go to the lounge in the Hawaii building where it was still busy but not people on top of people.

The fireworks over the lagoon were simply awesome!

I have a question - from the Poly lounge or a balcony room can you see the perimeter fireworks well...or would you have to step out into the walkway to see those?

Liz

We were at MGM on the 4th. Like others mentioned, it was not very crowded at all. As a matter of fact, nowhere we went was nearly as crowded as we had expected the entire week. Of course, there was no way we were braving MK on the 4th.

We did EE at Mk on the 4th. We were able to get into the park at 7am, and did Buzz twice, Space Mountain twice, Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Philharmagic, Pirates,Blue Line, Race Track, and have lunch at Crystal Palace. Plus we shopped. We left the park right before the 1pm parade started. Then we went back to the resort and napped. At about 6pm we went to MGM and did Rock and Roll, and shopped. We decided to not watch the fireworks from any park because we did not want to get stuck in the mass exodus. As we were eating dinner at Pop Century we were able to see the MGM fireworks clearly over the pool. We heard from other guests that MK and Epcot were a nightmare. We were at WDW from the 3rd til today, and we never waited on line for anything. I think we just were very lucky in our timing, and picking the right parks on the right days. I have to say, it was HOT!!!!!! We drank a TON of water, and became very familiar with every bathroom on property

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter