How bad is Thanksgiving week for the parks?

shortypots

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are now going to Disney every Thanksgiving since his new job only allows 3 weeks of vacation and some personal days. I checked on touringplans.com and it said that it is 10's all week. I thought the mayhem really started on Wed. Will it really be that busy for the beginning of the week?

My DH and I are now going to Disney every Thanksgiving since his new job only allows 3 weeks of vacation and some personal days. I checked on touringplans.com and it said that it is 10's all week. I thought the mayhem really started on Wed. Will it really be that busy for the beginning of the week?

We went during Thanksgiving in 2007...it wasn't bad the beginning of the week until about wednesday...that is when it started getting crowded..it wasn't that bad...actually it was less crowded then summer when we went. we are going back this year for Thanksgiving...so you know it can't be too bad...lol it is crowded , but so was easter break when we went this year too and sometimes the rides we could just walk on, all depends if you ride during parades etc.

Im curious about this as well.

We are going from Nov 14-21, and I was thinking of extending our trip till the 23 or 24... Coming from Canada I had forgot all about US thanksgiving (Because ours is in October)

is it crazy like Christmas that week??

We went last year the Sat before Thanksgiving and left on Thanksgiving Day. The crowds were relatively light, except for the MK always seem to be much busier than the other parks. I could definetely tell the closer it got to turkey day, the busier it got though.

Good to know, we'll be there 11/21-11/25. Looking forward to Christmas decorations and Osbourne Lights.

I was getting a little worried with 10's in the touring plan guide since we plan on taking my DH's brother for his first ever trip to disney! Wanted to make sure we could get him on the things we know he will like. We will be there from the 20th through the 27th.

We have been 4 times the week of Thanksgiving. We usually arrive the Thursday or Friday before Thanksgiving and depart the day after Thanksgiving. It does start getting pretty crowded on Tuesday........ for sure Wed. of that week. I have friends that go the day before Thanksgiving and stay through like the Tuesday or Wed. after Thanksgiving and they say it is PACKED over the long weekend but on Sunday it is thinning out and M/T/W are great. It is doable, but you better plan accordingly and use Tour Guide Mike. I never leave home without him. :thumbsup2 I have never been over Christmas week or Easter so I am sure it is no where near that crowded but it has become a popular time. We went on our first Thanksgiving trip many years ago and it was not that bad ...each time we went...we saw more and more people. Have fun!!!

I was getting a little worried with 10's in the touring plan guide since we plan on taking my DH's brother for his first ever trip to disney! Wanted to make sure we could get him on the things we know he will like. We will be there from the 20th through the 27th.

This will be our 5th straight T-giving trip, we go Fri-Fri and as long as you are at the parks early you'll be able to do every ride you want and multiple times with smart use of FP's.

This is the first year I've looked at touringplans(used TGM before) and I certainly wouldn't rate that week 10's. What do they call NYE week or Easter then?

We went two years ago during that time. We left the Wednesday before and came home the Tuesday right before Thanksgiving. The crowds really picked up on Sunday and Monday was swamped. We still had a great time. All the holiday decorations are up and the parks look beautiful. We made sure to hit the parks early to ride our favorite rides and then spent the rest of the crowded day just taking everything in. It's crowded - but still Disney!:)

We found the first half of Thanksgiving week to be be just fine. It got busy from about Wednesday evening through Saturday, but buy Sunday things settled down again. Even during the busy part of the week, it was nowhere near as bad as Easter or Christmas. I'd certainly do it again, and I'm not one to go during big crowds.

How funny we will be there 11/20-26. Our trip actually looks good, we are at BCV 11/20-24 and plan to really use the parks then we switch for two nights to BLT and plan to not really hit the Parks but instead look at the lights and decorations.

We are defecting to Universal this year for one night to see if DS likes it. We already planned that it will be crowded after Wednesday :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter