How bad is Test Track?

Simply put....it is riding in a car. There are various "tests" that your car is put through so you will have a few quick start/stops and a few quick turns and such. The outside part is why it is referred to as a "thrill ride"... you get up to about 60-65 mph as you are coming around the curve...this makes it the fastest ride at WDW. It does feel "faster" than just riding on a highway because you are going around a curve at a slight angle but I would never compare it to feeling like you are on a roller coaster. I would try it if I were you....it shouldn't be a "scary" experience for you and you might end up really enjoying it :)

I don't like scary rides, and I did not find Test Track scary at all.

I think you will be fine going on it.

I am a chicken. I don't like rollercoasters AT ALL. I didn't even like Goofy's Barnstormer. My family wants to ride test track, so how bad is it? I watched a video but it's hard to tell.
Thanks!
Amanda

The next time you are in a vehicle that reaches 65 miles per hour, roll down the window and stick your head out just a bit. Be safe. Congrats! This is the jist of Test Track! (in other words, you can do it)

A few years ago we took my grandfather to Epcot for his 80th birthday. He wasn't planning to do any rides (besides getting pushed around in a wheelchair) but my kids convinced him to try Test Track. He loved it. He was laughing and even put his hands up in the air after he noticed his three year old great-grandson doing it. I think there are very few people who would find this ride scary.

I loved Test Track, it was not scary at all. If you are scared of thrill rides the ones to steer clear of are The Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower Of Terror, Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest. Also if you don't like getting banged around on a thrill ride then stay away from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Its like riding in a convertible. Part of the ride is like you are on a bumpy road, part of it is cold, part is hot. My family always says 'meh' afterwards, its not very exciting. I can't imagine that you are going to be frightened of anything if you have ever driven in traffic.

Its like riding in a convertible. Part of the ride is like you are on a bumpy road, part of it is cold, part is hot. My family always says 'meh' afterwards, its not very exciting. I can't imagine that you are going to be frightened of anything if you have ever driven in traffic.
I was never frightened when I rode it and that was when I was only 10 years old. It is hard for me to imagine someone would get scared on Test Track, but I imagine people do have fears of rides like that. I loved the ride as a kid and when I go back to WDW as an adult I will be sure to ride it again.

My 3y/o daughter went on it. We had fast passes. She seemed a little scared while on it, but I think it was because she was waiting for something to happen (ie: the mini drops on splash mountain). She begged to go back on the whole rest of the day but the line was way too long.

I too am a huge chicken. The most adventurous ride I will do is Soarin. That said, I tried test track last trip. Scared the pants off me. Looking back though, it wasn't too bad. I'll be doing it again. I'll probably scream this time too though. Got quite the hilarious ride photo out of it. Mostly of me in terror and the people behind us having a great time.

I'm a total chicken but really enjoyed Test Track! My youngest is terrified of everything and hated it (but seriously--she was nervous getting on It's A Small World--EVERYthing) but my husband and I and our oldest all loved TT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter