How bad is Pop Warner?

We were at POP Century in 2004 and 2005 with POP Warner and they definitely made their presence known in the evenings - cheering, late nights in the pool etc. We were glad when they left a couple of days after we arrived. The only impact on a park we noticed was a Friday night when MGM, now HS, was closed for them for an evening event. They did arrive at the park early and we were very glad to be leaving and that we did not run into them at any other parks. Both of those years they were at AS, POP, POR/FQ and CBR.

We're going this year at the same time, but staying deluxe - we were not concerned about their impact on the parks until we read on the DIS of several incidents.

:goodvibes

I've never had problems with the boys, the cheerleaders though is another story. So if any of you have girls that are going to this competition remind them no one wants to hear you cheer on the bus, in line at the park, on the boat, in the restaurant or at the pool.

Now if we could just get the Brazilan kids to behave and not do the same thing WDW would be prefect.

Now if we could just get the Brazilan kids to behave and not do the same thing WDW would be prefect.[/QUOTE]

LOL We came across those kids too!!:eek:

Now if we could just get the Brazilan kids to behave and not do the same thing WDW would be prefect.

LOL We came across those kids too!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

When I was there in Dec 08 there was a group in front of chanting and I told them to stop. I had to explain to DBF what was going on. We did have a nice conversation with 2 women from Japan who've owned a Saki factory for hundreds of years, which wouldn't have been possible if the kids would have kept yelling at each other.

Course he also didn't see the 2 men that looked like they were trying to break in the rooms when we were there staying at CSR. I quickly called security told him to lock the door immediately and he asked why. He got to hear while I was on the phone. Turns out they were putting pizza meuns under doors for some off property place. I'm sure they were ushered off regardless what they were doing.

We just moved our vacation, and it is now Pop Warner week. We are at the Grand Floridian (I have to update my ticker, lol), so I don't think they'll be an issue at our hotel, but I'm a bit concerned about Magical Express....

does anyone know if most Pop Warner teams drive, or if they all arrive via flights using ME? If so, we might consider a car rental.

with 2 young kids who go to be early, I don't think we'll encounter Pop Warner at the parks too much, fingers crossed...

I doubt they would be on the same ME bus as GF. None of their hotels are close to GF.

We met some very nice cheerleaders when we were there in Dec. 07. Hardly saw any PW kids, though we saw a group from about 30 minutes from where we live and they were quite polite.

I think someone involved in the program needs to set guidelines for behavior and Disney should also crack down. We have been fortunate to not have any bad experience but with what I've read it seems that something needs to be done.

Good luck! We are going again Dec. 1-9 and right now staying at SSR though hoping for BWV/BCV. Just hope it doesn't effect crowds at IoA for WWoHP on the 4th as that's when we are planning on going there!

I was there during Pop Warner last year. To echo what others have said, I stayed at a Deluxe resort and didn't run into them in the parks in any noticeable way. I wouldn't have known it was Pop Warner week at all if I hadn't read about it on the Dis.

They were also at Coronado Springs this past December while we were there. Pop Warner arrived a few days before the weekend, but the dance teams were there to compete and practice for the parade taping. I was suprised at how many were at CSR with us.

I doubt they would be on the same ME bus as GF. None of their hotels are close to GF.

Right, I don't think I worded my question correctly. I know Pop Warner kids won't be on the ME bus to the GF, but if they take Magical Express, then thousands of teenagers arriving at the Magical Express counters at the airport will make it a substantially longer wait for everyone, regardless of what buses they end up on.

suspecting many will drive, I'll have to check that out...

thanks

Right, I don't think I worded my question correctly. I know Pop Warner kids won't be on the ME bus to the GF, but if they take Magical Express, then thousands of teenagers arriving at the Magical Express counters at the airport will make it a substantially longer wait for everyone, regardless of what buses they end up on.

suspecting many will drive, I'll have to check that out...

thanks

I arrived 2 yrs ago on the start of Pop Warner and YES ME was PACKED..

We are thinking of going Dec 5-11 and was thinking of POR, but knowing that it is Pop Warner week I might have to change.

Do they also stay at POFQ?

Do they also stay at POFQ?

Last time we stayed at POFQ (2006) was at the very end of their stay and yes, we saw a few rooms decorated with their stuff in the windows and on the doors, but not many.

By far the largest portion of them stay at the Allstars. Some can end up at CBR or POR/POFQ.

They can and do muck up ME when they all arrive at once ... but they generally don't mess up the line at the counter or the other bus routes. They ALL don't have to check in individually at the counter is my understanding ...

K

How rude can you all be. These girls work hard to get to this point. There are two groups that go. Pop Warner and AYC. My daughter cheers for AYC and they are all warned that if they do not behave the will be sent home. It has happened, parents had to come get them. I have seen many ill behaved children at disney parks and they are not all associated with group sports. Lets all strop blameing the cheerleaders.

How rude can you all be. These girls work hard to get to this point. There are two groups that go. Pop Warner and AYC. My daughter cheers for AYC and they are all warned that if they do not behave the will be sent home. It has happened, parents had to come get them. I have seen many ill behaved children at disney parks and they are not all associated with group sports. Lets all strop blameing the cheerleaders.
Of course the girls work hard to get there. I don't see where anyone questions that. However, I don't see how it's rude for people to share their experiences with the cheerleaders on the DIS. Perhaps your daughter's group is better behaved than others or perhaps you are used to the spontaneous cheers and other girly noise while the same thing grates on other people's nerves :confused3. As you know, every group is an ambassador for your program and innocent onlookers cannot differentiate between the team that is wild and the team that is mild. Just like people cringe at the sight of a Brazilian tourgroup flag in the distance after encountering a bad group, people will cringe when they see a group of cheerleaders after a particularly loud bus ride or breakfast in the food court.

We just returned from 5 days at POP Century, nice stay no issues with Resort. The POP bus often is next to All Stars and we could see quite a few groups of young folks waiting for the bus. They were not from South America, not cheeleaders, not football players they were just kids from school groups and I would guess mostly from US schools. They were loud, they were energetic and maybe a bit rude, however they were kids being kids. Some of the chaperones worked hard to keep them under control and others just let them run amock. Whenever we go to Disney Parks I expect to be around kids, behaving, mis-behaving and even having tantrums. That is what kids do. No labeling any specific group. I do agree that when a large group of "anyones" gets together it tends to be a bit boisterous and sometimes unruly. I have been part of some of those groups at seminars and outings. We have been going to WDW around the first 2 weeks of December forever, stayed at POP, POR, CBR and CSR with POR Warner and Cheer folks and yes the get loud but we have never feared for our lives or ran for cover. Urban legend has it that every year some group conducts acts of terror and are thrown out, arrested or in the latest trend taisered. I'm sure some bad things happen with the groups but I also have seen my share of locals, families, church groups or whatever causing a stir so I would not get too worked up over being there during POP Warner but once the dates and locations are official you can always adjust your plans.

I have stayed at POR during POP week and it was a nightmare. No disrespect to cheerleaders in general (I used to be a cheerleader) but the cutting in lines, running to grab tables across the room, and general unruliness was really bad! The parks were not too bad but we did notice a lot of loud cheering in lines and especially on buses. That was not the problem as much as the food court.

Question for a PP who mention CSR....does anyne know if they usually say at CSR? That is where I am staying this year (Dec 3-11) but may change if there is a chance they might be staying there. Does anyone know for sure??

TIA!!

I have stayed at POR during POP week and it was a nightmare. No disrespect to cheerleaders in general (I used to be a cheerleader) but the cutting in lines, running to grab tables across the room, and general unruliness was really bad! The parks were not too bad but we did notice a lot of loud cheering in lines and especially on buses. That was not the problem as much as the food court.

Question for a PP who mention CSR....does anyne know if they usually say at CSR? That is where I am staying this year (Dec 3-11) but may change if there is a chance they might be staying there. Does anyone know for sure??

TIA!!

It had been rumored for months last year that they were staying at CSR and when the actual announcement came out, it was POR again.

The year I went by accident, they had already given my room away at POR and had moved me to CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter