How bad is parking at DTD?

alan_renfroe

DIS Veteran
With all of the Disney Springs construction, I was just wondering how difficult the parking situation is at DTD. We are contemplating a 1:30pm lunch ressie at T-REX, but I wanted to get some feedback first on how difficult it will be to park if we drive.

Just got back from a trip Apr 26 through May 3. Went to DTD a couple of times, including on Apr 26th. Parking was not bad at all. Around 3:00PM on the 26th near Lego and T-Rex we had our pick of spots. Later in the week, I think around the 1st, headed to Disney Quest in the pouring rain--also parking wasn't too bad, although we had to walk a little bit. Finally evening of May 3rd went to the Marketplace area again. I found a spot in about a minute, without having to follow people to their cars.

I didn't investigate or take advantage, but I believe they open up the parking lots near the Casting Center across the street for additional parking as I saw a LOT of people crossing in both directions who were not cast members.

I was there on a saturday afternoon about a month ago, it was crowded, getting a space wasn't too horrible, but getting out in the late afternoon (5ish) was AWWWWWFUL.

Thanks for your responses! We don't mind walking a long distance....I'd rather do that than have to wait on the bus system.

Depends on when you're going. If you're arriving at or after 6pm on a Friday or Saturday, good luck, but if you're going for lunch or on a Monday or Tuesday, you'll be fine. The only exception is Saturdays, where parking will generally become an issue at or after 12:30pm or so.

It's definitely more annoying to park there now, but I have always been able to find a spot during the busiest times - including Christmas week.

In the morning/afternoon, it's not bad. Especially if you don't mind parking near the Cirque area and walking.
At night, good luck. The few times I've gone at night (mostly to see movies), I've either had to park at the Casting building or the Team Disney building. I haven't been at night in a while, I've started avoiding it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter