How bad is my assigned stateroom?

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
We are booked on cat. 9 in a block of 10 rooms for a group cruise. I just put my deposit down today and got in my confirmation cabin # 2148. This is pretty far at the back of the ship. Will this make a difference in the "ride" we feel?

I see these are listed as "the noisey rooms" on the DCLTribute site.

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
How bad can it be if you're on a cruise? ;)
Robin M.

LOL! Well, it could be VERY bad because I'm a light sleeper and if I don't get my beauty rest, I can be a bear! It's a lot of money to pay for a noisey room when there might a chance that I can change it.

I am usually aft but higher (deck 5), so I'll warn you that you might hear some engine noise. For me, that is no problem because I sleep with a white noise machine anyway so it's like more white noise to me. You may also hear the thrusters while docking, but that's around wake-up time in the morning so it shouldn't be a bother. I used to use it as my "alarm clock," but now I am so used to that sound that I generally sleep right through it.
I don't have a map of the ship in front of me, but Parrot Cay is deck 3 aft so that might be above you. The only noise from that would be mealtimes and cleanup times, when you would generally be awake anyway.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We were in this area once. It's not bad...in fact, I really don't think there is such a thing as a "bad" cabin. However, that said, the engine noise didn't bother me. I've had much more problems with rude fellow cruisers than I've ever had with engine noise! They, of course, can't be predicted.

If you feel this is a problem, ask to be moved. Since you just booked today, that shouldn't be an issue.

If you're on the Wonder the room would be much nicer if it was on the Magic (7 nights instead of 3 or 4). There really aren't any bad rooms on the Magic and Wonder.

As far as being a light sleeper, the best way to insure a good nights sleep is to have a lot of very serious fun ALL day long. Up early to enjoy the sunrise on the ocean, mid day and afternoon adult activities, dinner, then enjoy the night clubs until midnight. Repeat each day!!! When going ashore do a snorkeling or kayaking excursion rather than power shopping (because shopping is boring and will cause you to take a nap, and you want to be good and tired when you go to bed early in the morning)

:rotfl: jrabbit you are TOO funny!

Have a wonderful cruise. I bet you will love the rooms no matter where you are.

Jan :earsgirl:

Originally posted by jrabbit
If you're on the Wonder the room would be much nicer if it was on the Magic (7 nights instead of 3 or 4). There really aren't any bad rooms on the Magic and Wonder.

As far as being a light sleeper, the best way to insure a good nights sleep is to have a lot of very serious fun ALL day long. Up early to enjoy the sunrise on the ocean, mid day and afternoon adult activities, dinner, then enjoy the night clubs until midnight. Repeat each day!!! When going ashore do a snorkeling or kayaking excursion rather than power shopping (because shopping is boring and will cause you to take a nap, and you want to be good and tired when you go to bed early in the morning)

Point well taken...I'll quit complaining! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!