How Bad is DCA on an Early Entry day?

momof4fans

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. My family and I are leaving bright and early tomorrow (Saturday, 8-1) to head to Disneyland. My family: Myself, Husband, DS17, DS16, DD8 and DD6. We have about a 7.5 hour drive so we aren't going into the parks til Sunday. We are staying at the Park Vue Inn. We will be there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We have access to one Magic Morning which we will probably use Tuesday. Our family loves DCA and we have started our other previous trips there. Finally, my question:

How bad will DCA be at 8am after being open for an hour to hotel guests? Still doable? I realize that TSMM will be nuts so I would save that ride for another day without EE. I know I can still get FP's to RSR. The little rides will be fine. Just looking for some reassurance I guess :)

Thanks!
Stephanie

We try to do DCA on non-EE days but even so, you can have fun there. I agree w/ your approach - get RSR FP ASAP and skip TSMM for another morning. You can also grab an A&E FP which can have a very quick return time (10 min when we did it). We like going over to the Paradise Pier rides which don't open until regular rope drop like Goofy's Sky School where last month we rode it 5 times w/o having to get out of the car. Monster's and Bugs Land are pretty empty too. Most folks dash to RSR + the other Carsland rides.

have a great time!

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be fine but just needed to hear it from somebody. I didn't realize that Paradise Pier rides were closed for EE. Good to know! We love Goofy's even though it scares the crap out of us! :eek:

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be fine but just needed to hear it from somebody. I didn't realize that Paradise Pier rides were closed for EE. Good to know! We love Goofy's even though it scares the crap out of us! :eek:

TSMM and Screamin are open during Early Entry.

In my opinion RSR and Cars Land in general should be the only thing you avoid if you go to the park on a Early Entry day.
Sure TSMM and Screamin may have a longer line, but they will still be shorter than it will be later in the day and if you are at the attractions before 830am, it shouldn't be to bad.

Just decide if you want to ride RSR twice or once.
If its twice get a FP for RSR at opening then head to TSMM
If its once you can head directly to TSMM and get the RSR FP once you finish Paradise Pier.

In my experience, most of the EMH people go to Cars Land. Almost everybody. TSMM and California Screamin' are pretty much walk ons during EMH, and the lines are still very doable even for a while after rope drop. So, you should be fine as long you aren't planning to go straight to RSR.

Thanks for all the replies. So helpful! Put my mind at ease. We are not going to Carsland first thing. I can't handle that place when it is wall to wall people. I'll pull a FP sometime in the morning, probably after our first ride, whatever it may be. So excited! We leave in 7 hours! I really need to go to sleep!

OK, I can now answer my own question! HaHa! We are back from our 5 day trip and EE at DCA is totally OK! Just stay away from Carsland. We did 8am rope drop at the Soarn entrance. Went straight to Toy Story and then pulled FP's for RSR and then back to Goofy's, then pulled FP's for soarn, etc, etc. No problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter