How bad are the NEMO lines?

Huge5

Earning My Ears
we've planned a last minute trip to DL this sunday and was wondering how bad are the NEMO lines? any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I was there friday, sat and sunday last, they were never below 2 hours.... still haven't rode it yet

we went July 1st, which was also a Sunday, and the sign said 2 hours. It ended up being closer to 1 1/2 hours. I have heard horror stories here of the line being 5 hours and stretching all the way to Toon Town, but the day we went, I never saw it.

Sunday is a non-early entry day, so if you can somehow swing getting to the gate at 7:30 or so, and go straight over to Nemo when the park opens, you may luck out. We tried to get there by 8am when the gates opened, but there was a line going into the parking garage (so keep that in mind too!) and we didn't enter the park until closer to 8:20, went straight over and the line said 2 hours. We ended up doing a lot of other rides where we were just able to walk on (incl. Indiana Jones and Pirates) and went back to Nemo later on.

My mother is there right now. She called me at 8:10am (pacific) today and asked if she could get a FP for Nemo. I said GET IN LINE RIGHT NOW. She called me half an hour later, said she'd been in line since her last call to me, and the line was two hours long. HTH! :hippie:

I'm so excited about there being a new ride in Disneyland, but I've been so spoiled by mostly traveling off season, where I never wait more than maybe a half hour, usually less thanks to fast pass. I sure hope the lines are more reasonable by the time I go in October. I was planning to get a fast pass for Space Mountain and then get in line for Finding Nemo, but if these lines keep up, I'll just run as fast as I can and get in line.

We were there in the middle of June on a Sun. and the wait was only 90 min. (I say "only" because I was expecting it to be much longer since the ride had just opened a week or so earlier). I'm sure now that summer is in full force the line will be longer.

My DH and I don't have the stamina to stand in line for 1 hour, or 2 for that matter. This year, he started walking with a cane per doctor's orders. :sad2: He is handling it pretty well emotionally, but there is no doubt that DL *will* wear on him physically. BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!! pirate: princess:

Every time we bring up DL to our kids, the first thing they mention is how excited they are to see the Nemo ride. I *really* hope the lines Sept 9-13 are less than 1 hour. Maybe if we do Nemo on the first day, DH will be able to stand in line that long :confused3 I would hate to make the trip and then miss Nemo!! We won't be back to DL until 2009 after this trip ....

We did a spur of the moment trip to DL on Monday and decided to try to ride Nemo on Tuesday. Park opened at 8am, we were in line by 8:10/8:15a. At that point it said the line was about 90 mins long. We got off of Nemo at about 5 minutes after 10am. I'm glad we got to take the kids on it & it was a nice ride but for my next trip in October I hope the lines to be much less or we'll just skip it. I ended up with very sore feet and a nasty sunburn from being in the direct sun so long (even with sunscreen, I burn easy), I'm still not sure if the wait was worth it for me...:sick:

2 hours is not worth it to me. I wouldn't go on it till it was 45 minutes or less.

But then again I have an AP, so I can go later on. I still have not been on it and not worried because I can probably get on it within 45 mins or less in September during the week.

However, my friend waited in line for 3+ hours the day after the grand opening in the hot sun, well she said that it was worth the wait... :confused:

Go figure.

we went July 1st, which was also a Sunday, and the sign said 2 hours. It ended up being closer to 1 1/2 hours. I have heard horror stories here of the line being 5 hours and stretching all the way to Toon Town, but the day we went, I never saw it.

That only happened when the ride just opened and probably like that for like 1-2 weeks... but it seems to die down a lot now...

I was at DL on July 10th, from 9:00 AM to midnight.
Nemo was the only attraction I wanted to go on, but decided not to when I saw the huge lines every single time I passed by it.

Too bad that they don't have FP there :(

I've never waited more than 90 minutes, but then I always get in line when there is a parade going on or close to when one is going to start. It usually feels like less than 90 minutes, though.

BTW, a cane should allow you to use the wheelchair line.

I was at DL on July 10th, from 9:00 AM to midnight.
Nemo was the only attraction I wanted to go on, but decided not to when I saw the huge lines every single time I passed by it.

Too bad that they don't have FP there :(

If it was THE only attraction that you wanted to ride, then why didn't you? You were there for 15 hours. You could have spared 2 and still had 13 to do other things.

I am trying to decide if I should use our Early Entry day for this OR use EE for other rides since everyone else will use it for Nemo? I doubt we will get to EE extra early.

Do the lines die down later in the evening at all?

If it was THE only attraction that you wanted to ride, then why didn't you? You were there for 15 hours. You could have spared 2 and still had 13 to do other things.

Well I know from my own experience, sometimes you may want to ride something very badly, but a long, two hour or more line will override that sentiment. We were at Disneyland for the better part of 10 days and never did ride it. We had my aunt with us for half that time who cannot stand that long and we wanted to spend time with her not standing in a long line away from her. And we just hate lines. I think others are the same way. Also, it was just too hard to stand there in the morning when we knew other parts of the park were deserted!

If I had only 15 hours total for Disneyland, I would have a hard time devoting two of them to just one ride.

According to my friend who works on the ride and my personal experience, yes, the lines die down later in the evening, esp after 11pm.

My DH and I don't have the stamina to stand in line for 1 hour, or 2 for that matter. This year, he started walking with a cane per doctor's orders. :sad2: He is handling it pretty well emotionally, but there is no doubt that DL *will* wear on him physically. BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!! pirate: princess:

Every time we bring up DL to our kids, the first thing they mention is how excited they are to see the Nemo ride. I *really* hope the lines Sept 9-13 are less than 1 hour. Maybe if we do Nemo on the first day, DH will be able to stand in line that long :confused3 I would hate to make the trip and then miss Nemo!! We won't be back to DL until 2009 after this trip ....

If Nemo is important to you I would get in line and let your husband go sit on a park bench and enjoy a nice refreshing coke and a churro while you stand. If CMs are suggesting people to hold spots in line, then surely under the circumstances your husband qualifies for a free pass to sit the line out. I sure wouldn't be upset about it if I was in line behind you.

According to my friend who works on the ride and my personal experience, yes, the lines die down later in the evening, esp after 11pm.

I am going to run in on a Wednesday evening at 7pm. Park closes at 8. This is a Weds in Sept. Do you think it will be crowded?

Well I know from my own experience, sometimes you may want to ride something very badly, but a long, two hour or more line will override that sentiment. We were at Disneyland for the better part of 10 days and never did ride it. We had my aunt with us for half that time who cannot stand that long and we wanted to spend time with her not standing in a long line away from her. And we just hate lines. I think others are the same way. Also, it was just too hard to stand there in the morning when we knew other parts of the park were deserted!

If I had only 15 hours total for Disneyland, I would have a hard time devoting two of them to just one ride.

Amy&Dan said it all.

The biggest line I waited in was for Matterhorn. I waited for 40 minutes and that was too much for me already. I hate lines and do my best to avoid them.

I would not go to WDW or DLR in July, only in very special occasions or opportunities, like the one that popped up in front of me this month (I won a free trip to Vegas for 3 nights and decided to spend a day at Disneyland Resort).

The last 2 times I went to Disney were in September or January, when there were no lines and FP was not even needed.

I did try to check the lines every 2 or 3 hours (even at 11:45 PM), but they were always huge, so I passed....

We were there last week. From the 16th-22nd in the parks (except Sat. of course) we originally purchased 4 day Park Hoppers but we upgraded to AP's! (I'm sooooooo excited and already planning our next trip! LOL) we decided we really wanted to do Nemo so one night at about 11:30 pm we got in line, the wait was less than 1 hour. We got waited in line, the girls colored and chatted with people around us, we all waited patiently with everyone else. We were back in our hotel room (at the Tropicana) by 1 a.m. IMO not bad at all and well worth the wait. Of course we did sleep in that day....heck, who am I kidding? We slept in everyday because we stayed until midnight! LOL It was worth the wait, I loved the ride and so did the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter