• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how bad are crowds lately

A

adisneynut

Wondering whith gas and everything costing so much has effected US or IOA?
Thanks!!!

We just got back yesterday, we were there 5 days. The crowds got bad late in the morning. We got there soon as the gates opened wasnt too bad. We were able to walk right up to Simpsons, T23D , Spiderman, & Hulk with little waiting.
Longest we waited was maybe 40 min at Jimmy Neutron.
What we did notice people were not buying as much Souveiners, I never saw the the 1st person buy their "ride" photos. Including us, we cut back ALOT on our souveiners. And the lunch lines were not bad either. I saw alot of families sharing meals. we went to US/IOA & Sea World & went shopping one day.
rented a SUV to drive there from Birmingham, Al. The entire Vacation was $2500, which was about what was bugeted.

We just got back yesterday, we were there 5 days. The crowds got bad late in the morning. We got there soon as the gates opened wasnt too bad. We were able to walk right up to Simpsons, T23D , Spiderman, & Hulk with little waiting.
Longest we waited was maybe 40 min at Jimmy Neutron.
What we did notice people were not buying as much Souveiners, I never saw the the 1st person buy their "ride" photos. Including us, we cut back ALOT on our souveiners. And the lunch lines were not bad either. I saw alot of families sharing meals. we went to US/IOA & Sea World & went shopping one day.
rented a SUV to drive there from Birmingham, Al. The entire Vacation was $2500, which was about what was bugeted.

Thanks for the info! So I guess get there early and maybe take a break miday and come back later. Dh and I share meals now so I guess that what be aproblem.

We had planed a day for each park and I hope that works.

Your very welcome, they are ways to save "here & there" and still have fun.
We picked one meal as our main meal, then ate cheap rest of the day.
on our souveniers on our vacations, we just started buying Refridge magents, instead of shirts, toys etc.. Now our Rfridge is full of Magnets.
Hope ya have a Great time..

That is what we plan to do as well for meals. Breakfast in the room and hopefully maybe we can get a ressie for City walk early dinner. Snack for lunch as well.

Also just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay onsite. Have to say the crowds were not bad in the early AM and late PM. We had FOTL pass so the longest wait we had was 10 minutes for Simpsons once. We rode everything over and over, got to love FOTL.:thumbsup2

Also just got back yesterday from a 7 day stay onsite. Have to say the crowds were not bad in the early AM and late PM. We had FOTL pass so the longest wait we had was 10 minutes for Simpsons once. We rode everything over and over, got to love FOTL.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup2 Glad to hear you had a great time.:yay:

Forgot to add, if eating in City Walk for dinner get there early like 4:30-5:30 to sit with little or no wait. We tried Margaritaville on night at 8:00 and it was 1 1/2 wait!:scared1: :eek: Needless to say we at back at the hotel a Jake's.

Forgot to add, if eating in City Walk for dinner get there early like 4:30-5:30 to sit with little or no wait. We tried Margaritaville on night at 8:00 and it was 1 1/2 wait!:scared1: :eek: Needless to say we at back at the hotel a Jake's.

We tend to be early eater anyway so I will keep this in mind!!!! But i guess times fly when your having fun.

I stayed at Universal from July 7-11 and I didn't think the crowds were nearly as bad as I've seen them in the summer. Especially at the beginning of the week. But overall I'd say IOA was always more crowded than Universal was. Both parks were busy but it seemed like IOA was busier. I didn't really pay attention to the ride wait times cause I had express.

Thank you so much for your info. We were planning hitting it early in the week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter