How available is water?

modmama

Mouseketeer
I've heard you can get free ice water at a lot of the counter service locations throughout WDW...but if I can't waste time standing in line, are there drinking fountains around, and how hard does one have to search for them?

I was thinking about getting some collapsible water bottles and filling them if/when we see a fountain.

My more recent experiences in DL were great as there are drinking fountains in many of the ride queues... so I'm wondering how different it is at WDW.

Thanks!

I've heard you can get free ice water at a lot of the counter service locations throughout WDW...but if I can't waste time standing in line, are there drinking fountains around, and how hard does one have to search for them?

I was thinking about getting some collapsible water bottles and filling them if/when we see a fountain.

My more recent experiences in DL were great as there are drinking fountains in many of the ride queues... so I'm wondering how different it is at WDW.

Thanks!

We were there mid-August, and I had no problem getting cups of water. Almost all the CS and stands have it. Some do not. Look for stands that sell fountain drinks. It really doesn't require much searching. Oh and they do not give you the eye or anything like that if you ask for water (the way some places do). I figure it's built into the admission price.

You can do the collapsable water bottles as well. Nothing wrong with that. The only downside is having to carry them which is why we just went to cups of water.

Not sure how many water fountains there are, but we saw them a bit. I think WDW wants to keep its guests well hydrated and happy.

We were there mid-August, and I had no problem getting cups of water. Almost all the CS and stands have it. Some do not. Look for stands that sell fountain drinks. It really doesn't require much searching. Oh and they do not give you the eye or anything like that if you ask for water (the way some places do). I figure it's built into the admission price.

You can do the collapsable water bottles as well. Nothing wrong with that. The only downside is having to carry them which is why we just went to cups of water.

Not sure how many water fountains there are, but we saw them a bit. I think WDW wants to keep its guests well hydrated and happy.

I agree! Best trick we use at Disneyland (will use at WDW in April) going to Pizza Port and refilling ice and water at the fountain drinks - no waiting.

There are tons of places to get water (not just the cs either, any stand with a coke dispenser will have ice water).

The trick is not to wait. If I was out of water I stopped at a stand and got some. Hydrate hydrate hydrate even if you're not thirsty right then, take advantage of any short line and grab some water. That way if you have a long line you're not desperate for a drink and you can wait for a shorter one.

There are tons of places to get water (not just the cs either, any stand with a coke dispenser will have ice water).

The trick is not to wait. If I was out of water I stopped at a stand and got some. Hydrate hydrate hydrate even if you're not thirsty right then, take advantage of any short line and grab some water. That way if you have a long line you're not desperate for a drink and you can wait for a shorter one.

this! any snack place that serves iced drinks... when you see one without a line, stop!

DD and I carry refillable bottles. I always ordered a cup or two extra of water whenever we stopped for a CS meal so our bottles were full after each meal. Then I'd be on the lookout for short lines whenever we'd get to the point where our bottles were less than 1/2 full. We never had to wait very long to get the cups of ice water.

The water from the water fountains has a distinct sulfur taste. Plus I really prefer to avoid waterfountains because of germs.

The water from the water fountains has a distinct sulfur taste. Plus I really prefer to avoid waterfountains because of germs.

:rotfl2: Um I taught in private preschool, and then in the public school. Once you spend a few years watching 3-9 year olds drink from a fountain they get a whole new ick factor. I only drink from fountains if I'm desperate.

The first year we went, we started off carrying water bottles, but then we just stopped.

There are water fountains everywhere! I have doctor's orders that say I need to stay very well hydrated at all times, and I've never had any kind of issue at Disney.

I simply make a point of drinking from every single water fountain I see, and my internal systems chug along quite happily. I've honestly had more trouble staying hydrated at home in my own town.

I don't mind the taste at all - some people say it tastes sulfurous, but after a day of it, I find I really stop noticing. Cold water is cold water and always lovely on a hot day.

I've never been sick at Disney either, nor am I in the habit of putting my mouth directly on fountains, so I don't think there's too much concern with regards to germs. Except possibly on the buttons you push to make the water come out, but they can't be half as bad as the various surfaces you touch in bathrooms, on the monorail, on rides, etc...

We bring Bobbles with us, and fill them up at the fountains - the lines for CS are always too long to wait in just for water.

We always get our water at counter services, and never have waited in line more than a couple minutes. We also don't wait until meal times to get water. We have always been treated very courteously :)

As for drinking out of water fountains - NO WAY! One thing, we find the tastes are bad (we are used to our own well water at home - great taste). Another thing, I have seen some very gross things happen at water fountains - some mothers wash just about every part of their baby in them :eek: We will not drink from them :(

There are so many places to get water, that if one is too busy when passing, just go to the next one - no problems :goodvibes

Just one thing to consider, though. Most counter service places do not open until 11. We went to AK for morning EMH in August and we had an awful time trying to find water around 10 am. Bring water from your hotel if you plan on am EMH.

Please excuse if this appears to be dumb question, but are counter service restaurants the ones where you stand in line and give your order to the cashier? If so, do you just ask the cashier for a cup of ice water? Or are you referring to the soda/pop stations where you serve yourself the beverage of your choice?

champ.49er said:
Please excuse if this appears to be dumb question, but are counter service restaurants the ones where you stand in line and give your order to the cashier? If so, do you just ask the cashier for a cup of ice water? Or are you referring to the soda/pop stations where you serve yourself the beverage of your choice?

Cs is the restaurants where you stand in line. Some have self serve soda machines and some have the soda dispensers behind the counter. Any of these places will give you a free cup of ice water. Also there are some places that sell snacks like popcorn, drinks, and treats. If they are selling sodas in cups then they will also give you water. If it's a self serve you can go ask for a cup, or you can fill your own bottle/cup.

I don't like the taste of drinking fountain water at WDW, but some folks don't mind it. You can always being individual packete of Crystal Light to add.

Personally, I get cups of water from CS restaurants and pour into my refillable water bottle. It helps to have a wide-mouthed water bottle, so you can put both the ice and water into the bottle.

I don't like the taste of drinking fountain water at WDW, but some folks don't mind it. You can always being individual packete of Crystal Light to add.

Personally, I get cups of water from CS restaurants and pour into my refillable water bottle. It helps to have a wide-mouthed water bottle, so you can put both the ice and water into the bottle.

What if you put flavor in it

I bought the Brita filtered water bottles and filled them at the fountains, which were everywhere. I got ice a couple times to add to them from various cs places. I liked the filtered water bottles b/c I don't like they taste of the water at the fountains. Worked great water tasted fine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter