How are you supposed to manage your FP+ when the app just does not work?

Sleeping Becca

<font color=green>It went to Looneyland, by way of
I have a group of 9 traveling Thanksgiving week, 3 resort reservations for the group. I have them all linked to my account. I was able to make FP+ for everyone using the website however, the app does not show the fastpass+ for people in my group. It shows just one person having the fastpass+. I freaked out and thought that they had all disappeared but when I log on to the website all the fastpass+ are there.

Is everyone just not using the app and instead using the website while in the park to make adjustments?

I am also terrified that when we show up to an attraction the FP+ will not be there.

I am really annoyed by this whole thing and pretty sick of it already.

I know there are a million posts a day about FP+ and I apologize for adding another.

I had A LOT of issues with my FP+ not showing up in the app or not showing up properly ... I'm not going to go into the whole story, but I will tell you what I discovered a few weeks ago:

The MDE website is super phone-friendly. It's very easy to modify everything from the website using your phone's browser. Hopefully your app will start behaving (mine did after a while), but in case in doesn't, know that you'll be fine just using the website.

I was told by tech support several times that as long as they're on the website and can be modified, you won't have any problems once you get there. The app is just really glitchy ... which is frustrating, but is also probably why the mobile website is so usable.

I hope this helped you feel a little better about the situation!

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

Thanks Sarah that was helpful! I am not expecting the app to work at all since it has not showed up properly yet.

I really don't want to hate Disney but I kind of do right now. I have never felt such animosity when planning a vacation. It is all too much. I know change is always difficult and I am trying my best to keep an open mind but jeez this sucks.

The only people who this new system seems to help are people who sleep late and roll into the parks at 11 and want to ride a headliner.

There is so much hate in my heart right now.

Yes, the website is much more reliable than the app, and I did end up accessing the website from my phone while I was in the parks -- by the end of my last trip, I didn't even bother to go to the app first, because it was just too unreliable.

I did have a few instances where we got to a ride that DD and I both had FP's for, but only her band would work. They always let us both go through, but I don't know if it was just because we were only 2 people -- you might not have such luck with a group of 9. However, this mainly happened on our last day, so I didn't take the time to go to Guest Services to try and get it fixed. Because the FP's still showed up on the website, I'm sure it's something that could have been rectified.

Because the app is so glitchy, don't rely on it for accessing your plans, because you might not be able to view them. Take a screen shot of your FP's (or just write them down) for each day, so you'll be able to see them no matter what.

My family just got passes it took so
Long for me to link up with fast pass + just give it time

With a group of 9 touring during Thanksgiving week, I seriously doubt you'll be making adjustments to FPs anyway. There won't be much availability for a group that size! Lol. I would do as others suggested - take a screen shot of the schedule for each day and just refer to that. When we were there, it was so much easier to pull up the screen shot than fool with the glitchy app to keep track of where we were heading next. In fact, I just made the sceeenshot of that particular day's plans be the locks Creek and/or phone background each day. Didn't even have to open the photo file. Every time I looked at my phone, it was right there.

I guess I must be the only one who had zero glitches with the app! From planning to day-of, it worked the way it was supposed to.

I am in no way doubting anyone else's problems. Just wondering why sometimes it works, sometimes not.

With a group of 9 touring during Thanksgiving week, I seriously doubt you'll be making adjustments to FPs anyway. There won't be much availability for a group that size! Lol. I would do as others suggested - take a screen shot of the schedule for each day and just refer to that. When we were there, it was so much easier to pull up the screen shot than fool with the glitchy app to keep track of where we were heading next. In fact, I just made the sceeenshot of that particular day's plans be the locks Creek and/or phone background each day. Didn't even have to open the photo file. Every time I looked at my phone, it was right there.

Hmm. That sounds interesting and something to consider. My teenage twin girls would probably like to do this. Have them rotate days on who has the daily schedule as their background. Outside of the odd check for Wait Times, I really want to avoid constantly looking at the phone. Just a few daily peeks.

I agree with you Sleeping Becca. That app is terrible. We made a mistake on our last trip in June, totally our own fault, we went to the wrong park on the wrong day. DH and I sat in AK on a bench, used the MDE app, and fixed our FPs for the next day. All was good. Until we looked on the website later that evening and none of the corrections were there. We had to do it all over again on the computer we were lucky to get the times we needed.

I hadn't thought about using the web browser on the iphone instead of the app. I will definitely do that on our next trip (two weeks from today :cool1:) should we need to make any changes.

My biggest complaint though is if Disney expects up to use that app then it needs to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter