How are you obsessed with Disney?

klsurfer76

Earning My Ears
I am so obsessed with Disney! I don't get to the parks much, about once every two years. In between, I try to get my Disney fix any way I can. Throughout the day I find myself playing Magic Kingoms, watching Disney movies and you tube vlogs, listening to Disney podcasts, music (especially Parks loops and ride soundtracks), making Disney food, viewing Disney instagram photos and Facebook posts, finding hidden mickeys, and thinking about anything Disney. And lately thinking about future trips and/or possibly moving to Florida and what it would be like to be close to the magic! (We do have other reasons for wanting to move to Florida also :)) I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who does stuff like this... so tell me... how are you obsessed with Disney? :)

Last edited:
I definitely get my Disney fix in among my other nerdly pursuits. Heck, now that Disney owns Marvel & Star Wars they get a bigger slice of my mind-share!

I watch lots of Disney movies and listen to the music in the car. I have tracks of park music as well as songs from the animated classics. I love to listen to the parade soundtracks most. It just puts me in a happy place. Such is the magic of Disney.

I definitely get my Disney fix in among my other nerdly pursuits. Heck, now that Disney owns Marvel & Star Wars they get a bigger slice of my mind-share!

I watch lots of Disney movies and listen to the music in the car. I have tracks of park music as well as songs from the animated classics. I love to listen to the parade soundtracks most. It just puts me in a happy place. Such is the magic of Disney.

Yes, marvel and star wars are awesome perfect additions to the Disney universe. It all very much puts me in a happy place! I'm watching The Force Awakens right now since it came out on DVD today.

I'm probably a 3 on a scale of 1-10 these days. Go back about 10 years and I was more like a 7.

I'm probably a 3 on a scale of 1-10 these days. Go back about 10 years and I was more like a 7.

Yes, I've gone in and out of how active I am. Lately, its been off the charts for me. It is coming on May, the month when we usually go to Disney every couple of years. We are not going this year and I'm wondering if the sudden up swing of Disney obsession is because of the withdrawal. Also, we've been fixing up our house in IL to move to FL in about a year and a half. I feel like that is fueling my current rate of obsession also but I hope its not just a fad. But,recently I've been reflecting back to when I was a kid and I recall craving Disney Parks ride videos and parks music. It didn't exist then, on the internet at least, and now there is a plethora of it! So I know I've been a life long Disney fan, but you're right, the scale changes!

yes i am i have a star wars bedroom i love disney, i wacth disney channel so much my favorite disney movies are frozen, toy story, and little mermaid

yes i am i have a star wars bedroom i love disney, i wacth disney channel so much my favorite disney movies are frozen, toy story, and little mermaid

Cool, my office is my Disney/Harry Potter room. And those movies are definitely good ones!

I wish I coul like your post a gazillion times! You just gave me so many ideas to obsess over even more!

And can I say I am just drooling over the idea of having a Disney/Harry Potter office? I would throw Doctor Who in as well.

Right now my obsession is catered by my toddler, so we have watched many Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes, more Disney movies than I care to admit, and about every parade from the parks that I found onYouTube...

Waiting on our debt to go down a bit more so we can jump on the DVC wagon as well...I don't think a day goesby when I don't think about anything Disney. My ultimate goal is to have my own Cast Member name tag, with my very own name in it!

I wish I coul like your post a gazillion times! You just gave me so many ideas to obsess over even more!

And can I say I am just drooling over the idea of having a Disney/Harry Potter office? I would throw Doctor Who in as well.

Right now my obsession is catered by my toddler, so we have watched many Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes, more Disney movies than I care to admit, and about every parade from the parks that I found onYouTube...

Waiting on our debt to go down a bit more so we can jump on the DVC wagon as well...I don't think a day goesby when I don't think about anything Disney. My ultimate goal is to have my own Cast Member name tag, with my very own name in it!

If you need any specifics, info or links to any Disney media, let me know. I'd be happy to share some of my favorites.

That's awesome that you get to watch Mickeys Clubhouse with your toddler, I feel a little silly watching that one on my own but I love the way the characters look, so colorful and cute, especially Mickey, my favorite. I used to watch with my son but he's 13 now so we mostly stick to lots of Disney movies and you tube. One day we felt like "going" to a Star Wars Weekends parade so we looked one up on you tube and to our surprise we happened to find 3 that starred my family watching the parade in the front row along the curb from our vacation the year before! It was opening weekend and I didn't realize we were right across from the press/media area and were caught in all their filming.

If we move to Fl someday, I have thought about maybe being a CM but I don't know. I hear that before they even punch in, they must park, take transit to wardrobe, get their costumes and walk to their area. Not to mention pay is not great. But if you had a lot of time, it all maybe worth it to be so immersed in the magic! I actually had a chance to do an internship in the horticulture department as part of the college program years ago when I was in school. But being that I live in Illinois, I wasn't ready to move for the summer so far away by myself.

Thanks for your posts everybody, keep them coming! I'm enjoying reading all about your Disney fun and it makes me feel not so bad about my guilty pleasures!

In my original post, I forgot to mention I love the Disney forums! I'm so glad this exists and gives us another Disney outlet when we are not in the parks. Its great for trip planning and fun reading. Does anyone any favorite threads they check regularly to help you stay in the magic?

Well I'm currently laying with my Cuties comforter and pillowcase, and my 40" Stitch pillow pet, so it's safe to say I'm pretty obsessed ;) I follow all of the parks on instagram-I love staying updated on what's going on when I'm not there. I also go through my own pics all the time to reminisce. I start planning my next trip the second I get on the plane to come home. :laughing: And the littlest thing will remind me of Disney, which causes my thoughts to go into full-on Disney mode. Like sometimes my room will have a smell that reminds me of the Polynesian (don't know where it comes from!) Hopefully someday I'll be able to say I've been to all the Disney Parks, as of now I've only been to the one in Orlando.

Well I'm currently laying with my Cuties comforter and pillowcase, and my 40" Stitch pillow pet, so it's safe to say I'm pretty obsessed ;) I follow all of the parks on instagram-I love staying updated on what's going on when I'm not there. I also go through my own pics all the time to reminisce. I start planning my next trip the second I get on the plane to come home. :laughing: And the littlest thing will remind me of Disney, which causes my thoughts to go into full-on Disney mode. Like sometimes my room will have a smell that reminds me of the Polynesian (don't know where it comes from!) Hopefully someday I'll be able to say I've been to all the Disney Parks, as of now I've only been to the one in Orlando.

Thanks for sharing! I too love looking at my own vacation pics. They play as a screensaver on my computer monitor and I never get tired of looking at them!

I celebrate Disney pretty much everyday with my Disney related collectibles in my office (some of my co-workers refer to my office as The Magic Kingdom). And, at Christmas time, I do only Disney related ornaments on my tree. I have too many to fit! Love incorporating Disney into my everyday life.

I celebrate Disney pretty much everyday with my Disney related collectibles in my office (some of my co-workers refer to my office as The Magic Kingdom). And, at Christmas time, I do only Disney related ornaments on my tree. I have too many to fit! Love incorporating Disney into my everyday life.

Cool. I would love to have an office in the Magic Kingdom (or at least a version of it!) As far as incorporating Disney in our lives, I do that too in many ways. Just recently I thought of to put my Disney hotel goodies (shampoo and soap) in my shower on display so I can look at them. Don't know why I didn't think of that one before! And I have only white fluffy towels because it reminds me of the ones in the Disney hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter