How are you at

No problem. Used to be a tour guide & if it weren't about a $9 an hour job, I'd still be doing it. Loved that job! I also do the pre-race meetings at our mud races.

For some reason though, I sound horrible over a microphone. So, I prefer not to do that part.

As long as I don't know you I'm fine. I don't do well speaking in front of a bunch of people I know. I am pretty sure everyone hates me and wants me to stop talking. :confused:

I coached Speech and Debate for 18 years :) As a kid I went to States and Nationals in Extemporaneous Speech (though I went to Nationals with... you guessed it...laryngitis!! That's OK, I wasn't good enough to be any sort of a threat on the state or national level.)

I'm a math teacher, all I ever do is speak to classes of between 32 and 38 teenagers. I'm also moderator of the National Honor Society. On Tuesday we had inductions, and I had to read a speech, then read out the names of our 387 new members. The speech was incredibly easy, but those names were a killer!!!

Do you think the NHS would be OK with me amending the entry requirements to "Names that Mrs. Aliceacc can easily say???"""

A trick that I learned years ago - pick out 3 people in the crowd, one on the left, one in the center, and one on the right. Also, vary the row that the 3 people sit in, like the left person in the middle of the rows, the center person further back, and the person on the right closer to you. As you are speaking, look at those 3 people, varying the order in which you look at them. This works for me!

My foolishness cost me $1,000. :guilty:

I hope she at least got your issue passed or nixed:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have to do the couple of deep breaths if it is in front of a big audience. I am fine if it is in a meeting and a small group.

It's not my favorite thing to do, but I'll do it if necessary. I only agree to speak publicly about something if I indeed know much more about the subject than my audience. That narrows down my "opportunities" to speak, because I'm not much of an expert on anything!

BTW, ilovepcot, I can't believe your "friend" made you pay up! i would have teased you a bit about it but settled for dinner.

Queen Colleen

It's part of my job so I am fine with it. I don't like reading new text for the first time in front of a large group but I do it.

I'm pretty good at public speaking as long as I feel comfortable with the material. I can give a speech, answer questions, or facilitate a discussion. My schools (elementary and high school) made oral presentations a big part of the curriculum and so, even though I wouldn't say I *like* to do it, I got used to doing it and it doesn't bother me too much.

Small talk, on the other hand, is something I am *not* good at. At all. I'd much rather stand up in front of 1,000 people and give a speech than have to mingle.

Nope can't do it. Hubby is pretty good at at which is odd cause he is so quiet lol

If I have to teach or lecture, or hold a meeting, as long as I can practice first, I'll be ok. If I'm just thrown into it, with no prior knowledge that I'm doing it, I am a mess.

Just talking to people, very hard for me. I'm pretty quiet in groups, and prefer to let others take the lead.

I hate it, but think I'm pretty good at it, lol.
A few years ago I started teaching weekly classes at my job (different people each class). Very nervous at first but then just decided to 'grin & bear it'. Finally let my license expire because I was getting burned out doing the classes. Miss the xtra money tho. It was usually put into my Disney account.

I am a good public speaker. However, if I have to do anything that involves acting or being in a character I'm a mess. I can't do it! I don't even like putting on costumes of any sort.

Not my favorite thing, but I can do it. My 14 year old LOVES it. All 3 of my girls can do them (and me) because of 4-H. We were all required to do County Presentations (me too as a kid) and my oldest won her room award at the State Level. My middle one can do it and does it well...but hates to do it unless forced too. As I said...my 14 year old always will volunteer to go first in school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter