• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the turkey legs?

Yummy and emu sized. Two adults can share one if it's a snack, but will probably regret not getting their own :rolleyes1

We had the ones in Fantasy Land in MK and they were wonderful. They must be marinated in some kind of brine as they are salty with a hickory flavor.

We also had them in Epcot, the ones in Epcot were not as well done and were tougher and chewier therefore harder to eat.

The ones in MK were falling off the bone and so good.

I'm sure it really depends on how long they have been sitting in the warmers continuing to slowly cook. When I get them on the next visit I would be looking for the smaller legs as they shrink as they cook and I would ask for the oldest ones.

Nice yummy snack with the protein kick you sometimes need between meals to keep going

They are actually Emu legs. You don't have turkeys that large. It is one of Disney's better kept secrets.

Emu for sure. I find them emu-tionally moving and emu-ense in size. :rotfl:

Nope, fact is, they ARE turkey. (That emu rumor comes up regularly!) We tried them once and liked them while eating them, but found afterwards that the amount of salt in them made us horribly thirsty for the rest of the day. So, for us, it was a "try once and check it off the list" kind of experience.

bleeps said:
Nope, fact is, they ARE turkey. (That emu rumor comes up regularly!) We tried them once and liked them while eating them, but found afterwards that the amount of salt in them made us horribly thirsty for the rest of the day. So, for us, it was a "try once and check it off the list" kind of experience.
Little know secret about Disney..... feed the people salty items and they WILL drink soda ALL day long!

bleeps!
Why… I… Ostrich! ;)
It is an emu-table fact that Disney only wants you to think that it’s turkey legs.
Clearly this has been an emu-tional topic on these boards in the past, but let me be clear.
I believe in “pixie dust,” I believe that Mickey has powers of “Bi-location,” and I believe the so-called “turkey” legs are really emu!
Emu-ff said. (Ouch.) :rolleyes1
Having fun pulling one “emu” leg at a time…
:rolleyes2

We loved the turkey legs. Our family had a discussion about the flavor (imagine a chef's family discussing the nuance of flavor from a turkey leg) and we all seemed to agree they have a taste similar to good smoke cured ham.

We would agree they were very large and four of us split one for a snack. Not bad for $5 or $6!!

It seems like most people think they would look like a glutton chewing on the large leg offered there, but I would say "Go for it, you ARE on a vacation!"

:thumbsup2

The turkey legs are what I use to keep my DH going back. "remember those yummy turkey legs?!"

markb said:
bleeps!
Why… I… Ostrich! ;)
It is an emu-table fact that Disney only wants you to think that it’s turkey legs.
Clearly this has been an emu-tional topic on these boards in the past, but let me be clear.
I believe in “pixie dust,” I believe that Mickey has powers of “Bi-location,” and I believe the so-called “turkey” legs are really emu!
Emu-ff said. (Ouch.) :rolleyes1
Having fun pulling one “emu” leg at a time…
:rolleyes2

Indeed! But let's not tell anyone about the lion meat over at AK :smooth:

Of course!
I've been "lion" about that for years!
Wow, that was one "ugly punny."
:hippie:

OMG(oodness) some of my HS band/choir mates LIVED off of these darn things our entire weeklong trip! I thought they were wackos until I finally ate one in 2001 and I was in tureky-emu heaven. Yummy! :cloud9:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DH said it tasted too much like ham for him. I thought it smelled like ham as well so I wouldn't touch it.

I had them once, and that was enough. I thought they were awful. Like old ham. I took 3 bites and that was too much for me. What a waste.

These are ALWAYS a must have for my family! Everyone looks soo faward to thema nd we have them at MGM. They are HUGE...but well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter