• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the parks this week?

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Is the Food & Wine Festival bringing in more people? Is it crowded? What are wait times like?

Anyone using MouseWait? Is it pretty reliable?

Is the Food & Wine Festival bringing in more people? Is it crowded? What are wait times like?

Anyone using MouseWait? Is it pretty reliable?

I was there for a week and just got home Sunday.
The park was perfect! Didnt see a crowd until Friday afternoon... then it was busy. Of course we had rain so that helped keep the crowds low, too.

My friend is there and said Monday was a "zoo". She also didn't get there until 10 am.

Last sunday seemed really crowded at DCA. The lines were similar to (and even longer than) what they were when were there during prime spring break time. We didn't even try to do anything in bug's land because the lines were longer than we wanted to wait. The wait board for Heimlich's Chew Chew train said 45 minutes! :eek: It's a cute ride but not 45-minute-wait cute. I'm assuming it must be a lot better during the week though. Sunday was probably filled with all us DAP holders.

Saturday was a great day in terms of DLR(we didn't parkhop that day). It was AP & SC Pass block out day. Altho we got a late start due to our late arrival in Anaheim (checked into Hojo's at 2:55am after an 8 hour day at work then 400 mile drive)we got a lot done by staying until 12:30am!

But Sunday...
the wait for Toy Story Midway Mania was outrageous and my dd could barley tolerate how long it took. We waited over an hour Sunday - ack! And the line for Aladdin show was almost to the Animation Studio for the 4:15 show. Fast pass was great for Soaring Over California, but otherwise too long...TOT wasn't too bad right after Aladdin show ended... about a 20 minute wait, it was my 1st time riding, so not sure what the wait is normally on a busy day. Over at DLR Tea Cup lines were way into the walkway with all turnstiles filled. 50 minute wait w/o FP for Space Mountain. Lines for Capetian E.O out past turn styles when we walked by.

Late Sunday evening in DLR was FABULOUS tho! Locals with kids and local teenagers that had school the next day were long gone... we did so many rides Sunday night with little wait time as we closed the place down- left at 12:20am.

Monday was a little better in DCA, wait for TSMM was still long but only 39 minutes.. we did not get there by opening(too tired from the night before) but it was significantly earlier than the day before. Lunch was easy to get with a line only about 4-5 deep. FP's in DLR were needed and helpful in getting more done when possible. We did Goofy's kitchen for 6:20 dinner so didn't make it back to the parks before closing, so I am glad we closed the park down the 2 prior nights.

Tuesday was HEAVEN! We were supposed to head home on our 400 mile journey by 2pm but ended up staying until 7pm (while our luggage was safely stored in Hojo's luggage room- they ROCK) just enjoying the peace... lol - fast passes had little to NO wait- stand by lines were 15-20 minutes at most... some much less- BuzzLiteyear was literally walk on and the past two days had lines running 50 minutes. CM's for the Jungle Cruise were in the walkways announcing "NO LINE!" IASM was walk on... Tea Cups walk on, while Alice was over 40 minutes(?) It was a little chillier this day, but no rain and no wind- just some overcast clouds and light breezes. I get cold easily but was still comfortable.

We never did do the Matterhorn this trip tho- for some reason the line was very long all day every day we were there... it was odd.

We were there today and it was pretty busy (well I thought it was, but it's my first time there so maybe it wasn't?)

The wait times for the popular rides were around 25-35 mins-some were longer but we used FP. We got there at opening and walked straight on to space mountain but after that the lines were fairly big for everything, we didn't even get to Finding Nemo or Small World as the lines were absolutely massive. We were only in DLR so maybe CA was better?

I'm definitely glad we got 3 days passes as with the crowds there is no way we could see everything in 1 or 2 days.

We were there today and it was pretty busy (well I thought it was, but it's my first time there so maybe it wasn't?)

The wait times for the popular rides were around 25-35 mins-some were longer but we used FP. We got there at opening and walked straight on to space mountain but after that the lines were fairly big for everything, we didn't even get to Finding Nemo or Small World as the lines were absolutely massive. We were only in DLR so maybe CA was better?

I'm definitely glad we got 3 days passes as with the crowds there is no way we could see everything in 1 or 2 days.

What is "absolutely massive" for Finding Nemo and Small World? 30 minutes for popular rides is great! Especially if that included Space Mountain.

- Dreams

We went last week and it wasn't bad at all. The cooler weather helps. But the weather next week still isn't warm. I would expect low to moderate waits during the week and then crowds picking up in the late afternoon. Most days when we get there almost everyone on the tram with us lives in the area so I know lots of us come in around 2 or so. Anyway...parks will be great...enjoy!

I agree with Dreams. Half hours waits are great for the bigger attractions! Weekends might be busy but we always find the weekdays to be fairly empty.

I just got back from being at DLR on Tuesday and Wednesday. Neither day was very crowded at all! We left this morning and I'm glad we weren't planning on hitting the parks again, because it was crazy windy. It's sunny and in the 60s, but the wind really makes it feel cold.

I just got back from a 2 day trip on Mon and Tues. I was amazed at how packed it was. It was busier then when I went during a peak time. I dont know how Disney predicts it would be low crowds- but from now on I will rather enjoy going during a peak time with the park open till midnight and fireworks and fantasmic and the new water show daily. My planning was slightly screwed up with the park closing at 9. I didnt want to waste time by going back to the hotel during the afternoon, like we usaly do.
I figured it was so busy- mostly Toontown, Fantasyland and Bugs Land- do to local moms and dads bringing their toddlers to the park during the day- when the older kids were at school. The big attractions didnt seem that long- 5 min wait at Splash- i seen that several times. I kinda bummed me out. But super crowded it was!

I forgot to mention- Barbeque Bengal was closed both days... and Catch a Flav Ice cream no longer offers flavors- just choc and van. Was bummed out about that!

We went Sun, Mon, and Tues. Our experience was thus: Sun (@ DL) was awesome, we were able to get through everything with minimal wait - did PP, Dumbo, and Nemo all by 8am. Very little wait for later rides. Mon (@ DCA) was good too, got to the park after 10am with only 10 min wait for Toy Story Mania. Everything else was a minimal wait. I considered that a success. Tuesday, relatively speaking, seemed quite busy compared to the first two days. We spent the earlier morning (did the MM) at DL and for lunch we skipped over to DCA. There were twice to three times as many people lined up for MM and we had to stop by a bathroom on the way in and could not get into PP under 25 minutes. We skipped it and instead did Toad's Wild Ride, etc. We finally got to do Peter Pen with about a 20 min wait right before the park closed. DCA seemed less busy than DL on Tuesday, but we spent most of that time in bug's land since we had missed it on Monday.

From other accounts sounds like when one park is busy the other may not be as much.

Downtown Disney was really crowed saturday night. Sunday.and Monday at DLwere more crowded then I anticipated (as much as mid August when we usually go). Tuesday at DCA was busy, but tolerable. wednesday.at DL was busy but much less so then earlier in the week ( still 30 minutes for Dumbo. And 25 for Casey Jr Train)! Today at DL was crazy windy and busy. 30 minutes for most rides. I am amazed overall how busy this week has been, makes me not want to go at peak times or any time more crowded then this. DD 15 months and I both caught nasty colds and are feeling poorly. But we are still having fun!!!!

What is "absolutely massive" for Finding Nemo and Small World? 30 minutes for popular rides is great! Especially if that included Space Mountain.

- Dreams

I guess 'absolutely massive' to me is hundreds and hundreds (literally) of people in the line up, I spoke to someone who said their family had been waiting an hour-like I said this is my first time to Disney so I guess I just wasn't expecting to have to wait in a line up for such a long time, especially during off peak, and in the middle of the week, I certainly didn't realize that 30 mins was 'great'.

So by the sounds of things, the crowds are totally fine for an experienced Disney'er :) just not by my standards :)

That said we are still having an AMAZING time, have not yet been able to get on Nemo or Small World (or Matterhorn) but we are going to try tomorrow late at night, fingers crossed. have to say though if this is off peak, there is no way I'd want to be here during the summer months!!

I guess 'absolutely massive' to me is hundreds and hundreds (literally) of people in the line up, I spoke to someone who said their family had been waiting an hour-like I said this is my first time to Disney so I guess I just wasn't expecting to have to wait in a line up for such a long time, especially during off peak, and in the middle of the week, I certainly didn't realize that 30 mins was 'great'.

So by the sounds of things, the crowds are totally fine for an experienced Disney'er :) just not by my standards :)

That said we are still having an AMAZING time, have not yet been able to get on Nemo or Small World (or Matterhorn) but we are going to try tomorrow late at night, fingers crossed. have to say though if this is off peak, there is no way I'd want to be here during the summer months!!

The line for Matterhorn yesterday was insane. I don't know how long the wait was, because I didn't go on it, but I was surprised how long the line was.

We walked on to Alice in Wonderland, but when we got off at around 9:45am, it was at least a 20 minute wait!

Around 8:15pm, the line for Haunted Mansion was out the gate, but POTC's line was all inside.

Waited no more than 5 minutes 3 separate times for Star Tours. About 20 minutes for TSMM at 6pm, and walked on to Soarin' at 6:45pm.

But the line to meet Mickey in his house was backed up to Pluto's house. So the crowd dispersal did seem a bit odd!

I'm with you - DH and DD hate lines, so anything longer than 20 minutes is a no-go in our book. Can't imagine what it's like during peak season. Most of our wait times earlier this week were 10 minutes or less, even on Nemo and Toy Story Midway Mania. I consider that good and preferable.

Tonight we had a 30 minute wait for Nemo and 45 minutes for Autopia - it seems like a lot for a Thursday night to me! We couldn't find a table inside the Pizza Port (name?) at 6:30 for dinner - but it was windy out!

Tonight we had a 30 minute wait for Nemo and 45 minutes for Autopia - it seems like a lot for a Thursday night to me! We couldn't find a table inside the Pizza Port (name?) at 6:30 for dinner - but it was windy out!

There really isn't off peak evenings lol because the locals come. The daytime is when you have to get tons of stuff done and being there at park opening is a huge advantage! Anytime after 4 is no long off peak :) At least that's my mindset.

The line for Matterhorn yesterday was insane. I don't know how long the wait was, because I didn't go on it, but I was surprised how long the line was.

Yes, what was up with that crazy Matterhorn line?!? We were there Tues, Wed, and Thurs. and every time we walked by it was crazy-long. I only rode once - right after rope drop on Wednesday. On Thursday MM I rode PP first, checked out Dumbo - line was way too long, then headed over to Matterhorn. They were only running the Fantasyland side, but the line was in the little covered area (not sure of the technical name) on Fantasyland side, but then the line continued clear out around the front and around the Tomorrowland side of the mountain. I was totally shocked how long it had gotten already. So that was yesterday. We went to use our Space FPs at 1:30 and the FP line was chained off. Thought that was odd... the CM said the line just wasn't very long and FPs weren't needed. So we walked in and went clear down to the very last downhill part of the line and waited just a couple minutes. We talked to a CM on our flight home last night and she said that this week hasn't been very busy overall, but it was definitely busier than what we were expecting.

The Matterhorn lines were prob. long because it's been closed for awhile.

I was there Wednesday from opening until 12:30. It was D-E-A-D. Seriously. There was NO ONE there. We walked on to every ride, practically. Even a CM in Fantasyland commented about how quiet it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter