How Are The Newly Weds Today? An Italian Wedding & Disneymoon Extravaganza! *UpDate*

Hi Everyone :wave: Are we ready for an update? Sorry it's been so long, been a busy week this week, can't believe the weekend is almost over!

Well let's officially get this TR started :yay: We start off with:

Sunday September 4th
Today was a hectic day. We had to pick up the suits for Dave, my dad and his dad, my dress from my bosses house and make sure we had everything we needed as we had to check into a hotel near the airport for our 8:10am flight the next day.

Once we were all set and ready to go, we got in the car and started the drive towards Gatwick Airport, I should point out we was me, Dave and my mum and dad.

We made good time, didn't encounter any traffic which was a bonus. Found our hotel and checked in then went for some dinner at one of our favourite chain restaurants we usually go to.

There isn't many pictures for this day I'm afraid, apologies.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel to relax and watch some TV before hitting the hay. I was pottering around in our room when a thought popped into my head. Now when I travel I always freak out that I will forget our passports or anything really important and I am constantly checking and double checking that I have those documents. So much so that even though I have checked before I left the house, I check when I am in the car too (so crazy). Now I am searching my travel wallet and starting to panic...where's my cash passport?!?!?!?

A cash passport is an "easier" version of travellers cheques. Because we had to pay off the majority of our wedding stuff in Italy, I had the bright idea of using a cash passport, rather than changing £'s into Euros (the exchange rate was really craptastic) why not put everything on a card and get a better rate that way.

Anywho back to the story, I am searching and searching and realise that I have left the card at home :headache: :scared1: Freaking out even more (as this was the most important thing we needed) I ran across the hall to my parents room and proceeded to freak out at them. My wonderful Dad said he would drive back home and get it :hug: (That was Bridezilla moment 1 of the trip)

So off we went, we were really lucky as we breezed through and were home in just under 1hr. I ran upstairs and grabbed the cash passport and some CD's for the journey back.

We made it back in good time again (fortune favoured) and was actually a nice drive just me and Dad listening to some Queen

I walked into our room, Dave was watching 3 Lions (British film which looked quite funny). I was exhausted and decided to call it night, Dave joined me not long after and we were off to Dream Land.

Monday September 5th
Our alarm was set for 5 or 6am, but I woke up around 3:50am. Dave woke up shortly after and we decided to just lay there and chat til it was time to get up. I can't believe we were up that early, it was crazy! :upsidedow

Ready to go, we checked out and dropped off the car in the car park. Hopped on the bus to the terminal and checked in. Was nice and quick, security was not, they wanted to put my dress through the scanner and I point blank said "No!" They were so adamant it has to go in there, I was like hell no have you seen the size of it? Have you seen the size of the tiny hole it has to go through? Do you not think it will squash my nice new $$$$ wedding dress? Seriously the security people here are like robots with no souls. No animation whatsoever! They finally agreed to not put it through the belt and asked me to go into a room off the side where they could swipe it and make sure I wasn't carrying a bomb sewn into the bodice (Bridezilla Moment No. 2). Satisfied that there was no threat, we walked through into departures. Got some pics for you now :)

05ad7c79.jpg

Me carrying my dress (was not light)

e6016da0.jpg

Tired but excited to be going finally

We found a spot for breakfast, bought some last minute bits from the shops and before we knew it our gate was open.

e73d69bf.jpg

5e66269d.jpg

We had to board a bus to get to our plane, so we crammed in. That wasn't fun with three suit bags, carry ons and a wedding dress. But we managed it, found a nice stewardess who stowed it all away nice and safe and we were off!

c957f7da.jpg

78739151.jpg

3e236007.jpg

cfde5cb4.jpg

We were a little late taking off, but all in all a smooth and short plane ride (2hrs). We breezed through customs (gotta love being in an EU country with a British Passport) and found our bags. Our driver was waiting for us to take us to our hotel.

The 4am wake up was catching up to us all and we were nodding off in the car. Didn't help that it was slowly lulling us to sleep (takes an hour to get to Garda from Verona airport). But at last we arrived. Said our hello's to Roberto (the manager/owner) and checked into our room.

ac9fc990.jpg

The view from our room

e8520eaf.jpg

The lake!!!

d43c7243.jpg

c01af165.jpg

After checking out the view, we went downstairs for something to eat. Arturo came over to say hello (he is the owners dog).

aa94405a.jpg

f594950d.jpg

We went back up to the room and rested for a bit, still a bit tired from the morning and the car journey. Rested, we changed and went for a wak along the lake. We were meeting up with Dave's Dad, his Dad's Girlfriend Laura and his Gran for dinner at the restaurant we were having the reception at, my parents were joining us too.

710be72b.jpg

1470f8c2.jpg

96f5af6b.jpg

At some point Dave split off from the rest of us to go find his family to take them to the restaurant. Me and my parents went on ahead. We found the restaurant and said hello to Mario (the owner) and how excited we were to be celebrating here after the wedding ceremony.

We sat down at our table and Dave turned up shortly afterwards with everyone. Alas there are no food pictures as we were all busy scoffing and chatting away, but I do have this one (me enjoying my sweet red wine).

880940c6.jpg

Dinner done and everyone sated, we made our way up to the street to find a cab. It started to pour, which was not fun and we ended up getting stuck underneath a shop canopy. Dave ventured out into the rain to try and find a number for a taxi. He came back successful and our cab was here within 5mins and as luck would have it, it was the same guy that had picked us up from the airport that day (small world).

Back at the hotel we crashed and was out like a light as soon as our head hit the pillow. It was a busy day the next day as we were going round doing wedding stuff with our planner.

Next Up: Wedding stuffs and a speedboat adventure!

amazing photos of Italy Stefy! :goodvibes

What an awful moment when you realised you didn't have the cash passport :eek: at least there was time to head home & get it, phew!

That is crazy about the security at Gatwick.. surely they could see it was a wedding dress :confused3 we had an awful experience coming back from honeymoon through that airport.. tried to use the Iris scanners (at passport control) and ended up being shouted at, in front of hundreds of other passengers, like we were children?! :confused: never a fun experience lol

So excited for more & really enjoying reading about it all!

Emma princess: x

Great update, Stefy!

What a scare forgetting your card! :scared1: No wonder you freaked!
Again, the airport security must be nuts - your dress would never have fitted comfortably through the scanners! :sad2:
I do understand security but there must be another way to check it!

Love the photos of Italy - makes me wanna go there right away. :goodvibes Can't wait for the wedding pics! :woohoo:

Yay great update!! Can't believe you forgot your cash passport, but glad your Dad went back to get it! And I'm glad you stood your ground about not smooshing your dress through the scanner machines! It would have totally gotten ruined!! :scared1:

Italy looks beautiful!! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Great update!!! Love the pics of the view, I would love to wake up to that!

I can't wait to hear more!!!

Thank goodness you were close enough to home that you could go back and get that card! Talk about a panic attack!

The town you stayed at in Italy looks so pretty!

Beautiful pictures. Just stunning. Too bad about having to go back home from the traveler's checks, but at least you found out in plenty of time.

I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding. I'm certain your dress is gorgeous.:goodvibes

Oh goodness, I am glad you remembered your card. Hurray for a safe flight and yummy food with family!! Looks like a beautiful place.

Yay! You started your trip!:yay: your little wedding village is so beautiful, as well as the lake! You got some beautiful pics!

Good thing you remembered the card before you got on the plane!:eek:

amazing photos of Italy Stefy! :goodvibes

What an awful moment when you realised you didn't have the cash passport :eek: at least there was time to head home & get it, phew!

That is crazy about the security at Gatwick.. surely they could see it was a wedding dress :confused3 we had an awful experience coming back from honeymoon through that airport.. tried to use the Iris scanners (at passport control) and ended up being shouted at, in front of hundreds of other passengers, like we were children?! :confused: never a fun experience lol

So excited for more & really enjoying reading about it all!

Emma princess: x

Thanks :) So glad I remembered the day before and not the day we were flying!!!

I hate airport security, they are always so sullen looking :(

Great update, Stefy!

What a scare forgetting your card! :scared1: No wonder you freaked!
Again, the airport security must be nuts - your dress would never have fitted comfortably through the scanners! :sad2:
I do understand security but there must be another way to check it!

Love the photos of Italy - makes me wanna go there right away. :goodvibes Can't wait for the wedding pics! :woohoo:

Thanks :) I couldn't believe they thought it would fit, although their idea of "fit" is basically shoving it through until it does :sick:

Yay great update!! Can't believe you forgot your cash passport, but glad your Dad went back to get it! And I'm glad you stood your ground about not smooshing your dress through the scanner machines! It would have totally gotten ruined!! :scared1:

Italy looks beautiful!! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I know it was such an awful feeling realising I had forgotten a key piece for this wedding :headache:

Great update!!! Love the pics of the view, I would love to wake up to that!

I can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks :) It was so exciting looking out on to the lake. Love that hotel, can't wait to go back :teeth:

Great update! Wow what a gorgeous view! Would love to go to Italy someday :cloud9:

It's not a bad view considering we are not actually on the lake :) But I like seeing views from afar, just as much as up close :)

Thank goodness you were close enough to home that you could go back and get that card! Talk about a panic attack!

The town you stayed at in Italy looks so pretty!

...and lucky there was no traffic. In total my dad did just under 4 hrs driving that day, bless him :)

Beautiful pictures. Just stunning. Too bad about having to go back home from the traveler's checks, but at least you found out in plenty of time.

I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding. I'm certain your dress is gorgeous.:goodvibes

So exciting to finally be in Italy! Can't wait to read more!

Hoping to do an update in the next couple of days, so stay tuned :)

Oh goodness, I am glad you remembered your card. Hurray for a safe flight and yummy food with family!! Looks like a beautiful place.

Lake Garda is just beautiful, I dare anyone not to fall in love with it :)

Yay! You started your trip!:yay: your little wedding village is so beautiful, as well as the lake! You got some beautiful pics!

Good thing you remembered the card before you got on the plane!:eek:

Thanks :) Malcesine is small but quaint, the best part of being in that hotel apart from the owners is the walk to the lake, so peaceful and serene :)

Italy looks so pretty! I cant believe they would try to send your dress through the scanners:scared1: It would never fit... I am so glad they did it a different way!

You had a rough start with forgetting the cash passport and security trying to mush your dress! Glad it all got sorted out and you were on your way!

I never did make it to Verona in during my travels in Italy, but it looks lovely!

Love all the photos of Italy! :cool1:

Oh no on all the drama! I can understand not wanting your wedding dress going through the scanner - they sure are tiny.

It's okay to have a few bridezilla moments. I had some myself. It's all very stressful and us brides have stuff planned down to a T so when something goes wrong everyone better watch out :laughing:.

I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and hear all about your wonderful honeymoon!

It's okay to have a few bridezilla moments. I had some myself. It's all very stressful and us brides have stuff planned down to a T so when something goes wrong everyone better watch out :laughing:.

I can't wait to see more wedding pictures and hear all about your wonderful honeymoon!

The funny thing is that when Stef & her parents vanished into the little room, I was still picking my stuff off the scanner belt and putting it all back into my pocket. This one guard looked at me and sort of rolled his eyes in a jokey way, so I just told him straight "Sorry buddy but I'd rather she went bridezilla and pissed you off rather than me" :laughing:

Though to be fair, Stef didn't really have any bridezilla moments....at least that I'm aware of, but she would have killed me if she saw the pitch black steps of death that I walked up drunk as hell at 2am the night before the wedding lol. I'll see if my dad has a pic that I can share...

Italy looks so pretty! I cant believe they would try to send your dress through the scanners:scared1: It would never fit... I am so glad they did it a different way!

Lake Garda is gorgeous, I can't believe that last year was the first time I had ever visited Italy! I don't know what I would have done if they tried to force it through :(

You had a rough start with forgetting the cash passport and security trying to mush your dress! Glad it all got sorted out and you were on your way!

I never did make it to Verona in during my travels in Italy, but it looks lovely!

They say things never run smoothly when getting married, better for it to go wrong before than on the actual day right?

Love all the photos of Italy! :cool1:

Oh no on all the drama! I can understand not wanting your wedding dress going through the scanner - they sure are tiny.

Thanks :) Tell me about it and you saw the size of that bag, there was no way it was going through without being squished :(

I don't think I was that bad with my bridezilla moments, definitely nothing compared to those brides on "Bridezilla" OMG I'm surprised their partners actually go through with the wedding :laughing:

The funny thing is that when Stef & her parents vanished into the little room, I was still picking my stuff off the scanner belt and putting it all back into my pocket. This one guard looked at me and sort of rolled his eyes in a jokey way, so I just told him straight "Sorry buddy but I'd rather she went bridezilla and pissed you off rather than me" :laughing:

Though to be fair, Stef didn't really have any bridezilla moments....at least that I'm aware of, but she would have killed me if she saw the pitch black steps of death that I walked up drunk as hell at 2am the night before the wedding lol. I'll see if my dad has a pic that I can share...

Hmmmmm :rolleyes: Yes defo would not have been happy witnessing your last night before the wedding. You are so lucky you didn't die that night boy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter