How Are The Newly Weds Today? An Italian Wedding & Disneymoon Extravaganza! *UpDate*

Then the culinary experience began.

First up was our strawberry, basil type champagne cocktail
file-153.jpg

file-154.jpg

file-155.jpg

file-156.jpg

file-157.jpg

file-159.jpg

The restaurant wasn't very busy tonight
file-158.jpg

Again, am sorry I can't remember what we had, but I do remember that we both went for the 7 course set menu. Dave French and me the other option.

file-160.jpg

file-161.jpg

file-162.jpg

Dave had also gone for the wine pairing with his meal and got to talking with our waiter and Sommelier Alex about the wines. Apparently there are very expensive wines on board, the most expensive being a $25,000 bottle of red I think. On the sailing from Germany one of the servers apparently broke one of these bottles and another had to be sent in :scared:

Anywho, Alex took Dave on a tour of the wine cellar they have on board.

file-163.jpg

file-164.jpg

file-165.jpg

file-166.jpg

file-167.jpg

Alex came back with a small book of plaques of the names of the expensive wines they have on board.

file-168.jpg

file-169.jpg

file-170.jpg

file-171.jpg

file-172.jpg

file-173.jpg

file-174.jpg

file-175.jpg

Cntd...

file-176.jpg

file-177.jpg

file-178.jpg

The overall meal was quite enjoyable and definitely an experience you should try at least once. Once dinner was done we were give some sweets to finish off and to say thank you for joining them.

file-179.jpg

I also got a lovely rose.
file-180.jpg

Extremely sated and sleepy we walked back to our room. Waiting for us was another lovely treat from Remy thanking us again for choosing to dining with them.

file-187.jpg

file-188.jpg

file-189.jpg

Also waiting was a surprise from Dave to me.

file-181.jpg

file-183.jpg

file-182.jpg

file-184.jpg

file-185.jpg

Dave had arranged for all the characters on board to sign the pillowcase with our wedding date on. So special and sweet :love:

A perfect end to a perfect evening and cruise. To bed we went ready to start the second part of our honeymoon. In Walt Disney World :goodvibes

Omg an update of epic proportions!!

I am on the Dream next week and if it's possible, I'm even more excited than ever after reading these updates!

Your Palo and Remy experiences looked amazing, as did the cabana. It looks like you got great weather too!

I bet it seems so long ago for you both now, at least you have your next cruise to look forward to :)

Wow! Now that's what I call a REAL update!

I love all the pics of the ship, brings back so many happy memories for us too! The Cabanas are fab, aren't they?
And didn't I tell you that 3 nights is just too short of a cruise? ;)

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Omg an update of epic proportions!!

I am on the Dream next week and if it's possible, I'm even more excited than ever after reading these updates!

Your Palo and Remy experiences looked amazing, as did the cabana. It looks like you got great weather too!

I bet it seems so long ago for you both now, at least you have your next cruise to look forward to :)

Really was epic :teeth:

The cruise was amazing we had so much fun and defo cannot wait to experience a 7 nighter next year. The weather was fantastic lovely and hot, perfect beach weather :)

It really does feel like it was an age ago and this new one feels like it is going to take forever, but we are under a year now is that's not too bad right :teeth:

Wow! Now that's what I call a REAL update!

I love all the pics of the ship, brings back so many happy memories for us too! The Cabanas are fab, aren't they?
And didn't I tell you that 3 nights is just too short of a cruise? ;)

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Castaway Cay was the best day i have ever experienced in Disney, we had such a blast.

Hoping to do more updates soon so stay tuned :)

Hi Stef :wave:

I'm soooo glad to see that you have updated your TR!

Loving all of your pictures of the cruise. It looks fabulous.

Can't wait for the rest of your TR.

:goodvibes I was so excited to see you post more of your trip. Everything is so dreamy. I'm so happy everything went so well for y'all. Can't wait to hear :listen: more!!!

WOW that was a huge amazing update Stefy! Can't believe it's been a year ago now, hope you are both well :goodvibes

Seeing pictures of your cruise is getting my excited about our's on the Fantasy next year!

Emma princess: x

Phew, what an update! :)

Maybe we will try out a Disney cruise in the next couple of years. Quick question--how was the kid situation? Was the pool area nuts like at many Disney resorts? Where there quiet areas and bar areas for adults only? Not to sound anti-child, but if I'm on vacation with Joyce, I want us to be the ones making a ruckus :rotfl:

Phew, what an update! :)

Maybe we will try out a Disney cruise in the next couple of years. Quick question--how was the kid situation? Was the pool area nuts like at many Disney resorts? Where there quiet areas and bar areas for adults only? Not to sound anti-child, but if I'm on vacation with Joyce, I want us to be the ones making a ruckus :rotfl:

It's just me and my husband and we had an awesome time. We felt like kids again. We rode bikes on Castaway Cay, went to a martini tasting and played a trivia game at the bar just to name a few. We didn't have a problem with the kids. Disney has so many programs for the kids that it really was a non issue for us in fact we were going to watch a movie and on the way we passed a group of kids in a single file line and not talking,lol. I guess if Mickey asks you to play the quite game while walking in a single file line kids have no problem listening! We went to the adult section of the pool and it was very peaceful and very nice with the drink of the day :rolleyes1. We did go with a couple who had a kid so we did go to the family section of Castaway but it really wasn't a problem. I loved the movies on the deck, pirate night, the theater and the fact that I could have a nice warm bath at the end of the day. It really is well worth the money that you pay. Another great thing is that the characters are everywhere and you don't have to worry about a mother with a cranky kid cutting in front of you so that they can get a picture before you. :crazy2: Hope this helps! Happy sailing :boat:

Hey everyone :wave:

Remember us? :laughing:

Sorry we've been away for so long, broken record I know, but things have been a little difficult this past year, what with moving home and basically uprooting ourselves from our normal routine, to say its been hard is an understatement.

I've also been going through a very difficult time of things and whilst I'm not completely there, I am slowly but surely trying. Things like the Dis have been hard to catch up on and quite frankly I've been so exhausted. As soon as I have come home I don't really have much time for anything anymore.

But enough being a debby downer. I really want to finish this TR and whilst I won't be doing it the old fashioned way, I will be finishing in the form of pics and the odd comment here and there. Hope you guys are cool with that, because I need to start a PTR for our WDW trip in 5 months!

So, let the picture onslaught begin :-)

So the cruise is over and we arrived to a rainy grey Port Canaveral, but the rain did nothing to dampen our spirits as we were meeting Joe and Sophia for the very first time and we very excited, as I had been messaging Sophia on the boards etc for a while and when the we found out our holidays were crossing we just had to meet. Our first port of call that morning was iHop, a first for me and Dave.

file-191.jpg

file-192.jpg

file-193.jpg

file-194.jpg

Then it was on to the Poly!!! Joe and Sophia kindly dropped us back (after kindly picking us up from PC - Thanks guys :hug: ).

file-197.jpg

Home!
file-198.jpg

file-1104.jpg

Our view
file-1851.jpg

file-1264.jpg

file-1351.jpg

I had one last surprise for Dave in the form of...

file-199.jpg

file-200.jpg

Bride and Groom chocolate covered strawberries, which were delish.

We also had another surprise waiting for us...

file-636.jpg

file-1348.jpg

file-331.jpg

A beautiful wedding frame from Karin & Tom. Thank you so much guys, we love love love it, has pride of place in our living room :goodvibes

We had made arrangements to meet up with Joe and Sophia that night for dinner at Cali Grill.

file-2279.jpg

file-402.jpg

file-795.jpg

file-1256.jpg

Karin you'll be pleased to know we had Ron as our server, who was fabulous, we mentioned you and Tom and, sorry it's late, but he says hi ;)

file-497.jpg

file-833.jpg

file-985.jpg

Cntd...

It was my turn for a surprise from Dave in the form of...

file-1258.jpg

A Stitchy cake!!!

file-2393.jpg

file-2393.jpg

I was very surprised and love love loved the cake (contrary to what my face looks like in this pic - was tired)

file-1646.jpg

file-398.jpg

Absolutely loved dinner and was so glad J&S did too (as they very kindly agreed to try CG again after a bad experience a few years back).

Next up is our first MK day and our first park with J&S

file-1148.jpg

file-969.jpg

file-2219.jpg

file-498.jpg

file-1134.jpg

file-880.jpg

file-1072.jpg

file-639.jpg

file-1037.jpg

file-711.jpg

file-939.jpg

file-2080.jpg

file-2352.jpg

file-2200.jpg

file-810.jpg

file-1313.jpg

file-2087.jpg

Cntd...

Breakfast was at Main Street Bakery (gonna miss that this year) for...

file-791.jpg

file-796.jpg

file-900.jpg

file-1518.jpg

This CM was having a lovely time dancing away, wish I had gone up and danced with her :teeth:

file-1432.jpg

file-261.jpg

file-1459.jpg

file-1876.jpg

file-1055.jpg

file-1009.jpg

file-2185.jpg

file-1845.jpg

file-1487.jpg

file-1942.jpg

file-849.jpg

Lunch was at Liberty Tree Tavern, we had a little wait before being seated and the boys had to do some colouring while waiting

file-2084.jpg

file-2356.jpg

file-1718.jpg

file-2173.jpg

file-1222.jpg

file-1251.jpg

file-1194.jpg

file-2016.jpg

Cntd...

Parade Time

file-274.jpg

file-1119.jpg

file-1460.jpg

file-1282.jpg

file-1054.jpg

file-1612.jpg

file-505.jpg

file-704.jpg

file-432.jpg

At some point we went back to our resorts for a break and agreed to meet up in the Tambu Lounge to carry on, this was waiting for us when we arrived back at our room

file-1783.jpg

Yummy cookies
file-1940.jpg

file-458.jpg

Thanks J&S xxx

file-2092.jpg

file-2458.jpg

file-2011.jpg

file-2481.jpg

file-473.jpg

Dinner that night was at CRT
file-1301.jpg

file-2306.jpg

file-919.jpg

file-1004.jpg

file-695.jpg

file-2140.jpg

file-1201.jpg

file-616.jpg

Cntd...

file-1609.jpg

file-487.jpg

file-2331.jpg

file-831.jpg

Another wonderful surprise from my wonderful husband

file-1205.jpg

file-2012.jpg

We also got another one sent over from the kitchen which was lovely

file-1492.jpg

file-925.jpg

file-327.jpg

file-1123.jpg

file-744.jpg

file-2241.jpg

file-462.jpg

file-1975.jpg

file-474.jpg

Gonna leave it there for now, gots to get on with household stuffs I'm afraid.

Ciao for now
Stefy x

I'm so glad that you are finishing your TR. We had so much fun! IHOP was fun and so was the surf shop. :)

We had a great MK day together too. We ate at LTT in Jan 2013 and noticed that while the food is still awesome, the portions have gotten smaller.

I can't wait to see more pics and relive your trip with you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter