• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Are The Newly Weds Today? An Italian Wedding & Disneymoon Extravaganza! *UpDate*

Great photos, Stefy!

Makes me want to go back right now ....... but I have to wait another 60 days. :sad2: :rotfl2:

Great photos, Stefy!

Makes me want to go back right now ....... but I have to wait another 60 days. :sad2: :rotfl2:

Thanks :) Two months isn't long and its going to be an awesome trip what with the 20th Anniversary Celebrations :)

That castle is gorgeous. So cool that you are able to go up inside of it. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I love the castle! What a great way to tell the Story of Sleeping Beauty (and brush up on your French!):goodvibes

Looking forward to more, hope your day is going well!

Ooh, I'd forgotten how gorgeous the inside of the castle is!! I can't wait to show my DDs the castle as Sleeping Beauty is one of my DDs favourite films!! She's always asking to watch it and one of her favourite soft toys is the Aurora soft toy doll I bought her!!

Fab photos!!

That castle is gorgeous. So cool that you are able to go up inside of it. Thanks for sharing that with us.

It is v cool that you can explore inside, have always wanted to do that for Cinderella Castle and see the Cinderella Suite :)

I love the castle! What a great way to tell the Story of Sleeping Beauty (and brush up on your French!):goodvibes

Looking forward to more, hope your day is going well!

I love that they tell the story of Sleeping Beauty in the castle and they play instrumental music from the film as well as you are walking around :)

Ooh, I'd forgotten how gorgeous the inside of the castle is!! I can't wait to show my DDs the castle as Sleeping Beauty is one of my DDs favourite films!! She's always asking to watch it and one of her favourite soft toys is the Aurora soft toy doll I bought her!!

Fab photos!!

Your DD will love the castle, she'll feel just like a princess :)

Stefy, sorry I've been missing. I have to admit I skimmed the last couple of updates (we've had a little bit of excitement going on at our house so I'm behind on everything). Love the pictures of you and Dave at Disneyland Paris. I saw that you weren't feeling well...I hope you are 100% better by now.

Awesome photos of the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. Gorgeous!

Stefy, sorry I've been missing. I have to admit I skimmed the last couple of updates (we've had a little bit of excitement going on at our house so I'm behind on everything). Love the pictures of you and Dave at Disneyland Paris. I saw that you weren't feeling well...I hope you are 100% better by now.

Thanks Kathy, am hoping to get up to date now with updates. Look forward to reading your news on your thread :)

Am feeling ok, still got the remnants of a cough and my throat has started to hurt a bit, but am on the case and taking Echinacea :)

Hope you are good :)

Beautiful castle pics! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone

How are we all doing?

Yay for being mid week, not long til the weekend :yay:

So its time for another update yes? :teeth:

We last left off with finishing our tour of Sleeping Beauty Castle. We move outside now, to show you the gorgeous architecture and turrets :)

88525e52.jpg

b0335a7b.jpg

cc41641a.jpg

16040d34.jpg

d3b706e5.jpg

70259a26.jpg

ea633c19.jpg

844d7e2e.jpg

b149fd46.jpg

fe50bbd4.jpg

a5def383.jpg

2b61dfb6.jpg

a249e966.jpg

8d6de70b.jpg

82717bac.jpg

10ec5983.jpg

60e8ef76.jpg

Cntd...

Tour finished, we made our way down stairs and headed into Fantasy Land.

Dave tried his hand to see if he was the future King of Disney

7113aa56.jpg

The Cinderella fountain is nearly the same here, except it doesn't have the crown above her head when you kneel down.

bcd94725.jpg

d71c722d.jpg

0563157e.jpg

b5e35705.jpg

Our first ride of the day was...
e3e9d8d1.jpg

aab9d479.jpg

522215db.jpg

f2c8fb32.jpg

We had the ride all to ourselves which was awesome. Did you know that this is our first ever Dumbo ride, we haven't even been on the one in WDW!!!

3dbd7a91.jpg

c23f18c7.jpg

Dave took some photos on his phone. We have video too but need to do some tweaking first :)

053c86df.jpg

f2e1eb5e.jpg

0cc3d9ec.jpg

Cntd...

Yeah! You are back! :hug:

Great photos, Stefy! I just love "our" pink castle! Only 52 more days until we are back.
I checked for the new shows and parades - looks awesome!

Thanks for getting me in the mood! :goodvibes

Okay, you posted while I was typing! :laughing:

Love the Dumbo photos! AWESOME to have the ride to yourselves! :thumbsup2 ... and, this is one ride we have not been on yet either! Not in DL, not in WDW and not in DLRP ...... maybe we SHOULD try it! :rolleyes1

Yeah! You are back! :hug:

Great photos, Stefy! I just love "our" pink castle! Only 52 more days until we are back.
I checked for the new shows and parades - looks awesome!

Thanks for getting me in the mood! :goodvibes

The 20th Celebrations are going to be so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Okay, you posted while I was typing! :laughing:

Love the Dumbo photos! AWESOME to have the ride to yourselves! :thumbsup2 ... and, this is one ride we have not been on yet either! Not in DL, not in WDW and not in DLRP ...... maybe we SHOULD try it! :rolleyes1

It was awesome being the only ones on Dumbo, its not a bad ride but you should go on it at least once just to say you have :teeth:

The 20th Celebrations are going to be so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it :)

It was awesome being the only ones on Dumbo, its not a bad ride but you should go on it at least once just to say you have :teeth:

I am gonna take your advice! :thumbsup2 Is Dumbo open during EMH? We have APs, so are eligable, even if we don't stay at a Disney resort.

Exiting Dumbo we walked around and saw this little scene

11c79872.jpg

54483b7f.jpg

It's Pascal!
1c77c98f.jpg

54e61047.jpg

bce6c009.jpg

Ooh the excitements bubbling out :teeth:
0154ff8d.jpg

Our next ride of the day was...
567d1871.jpg

8d45d5d3.jpg

070c5994.jpg

We love love love this ride, it is totally different and way way better than WDW. I can't remember the WDW one that well, but this one feels like it has so much more, more detail, effects etc. Our favourite part (which we weren't able to get a good pic of) was towards the end when Tink dusts the pirate ship and it lights up slowly in golden light, awesome!

61d95052.jpg

After Peter Pan we made our way towards Discovery Land, as being early EMH not many rides were open. We took a leisurely stroll and lots of pics along the way.

e24d6974.jpg

eb06d8cb.jpg

8080ce3d.jpg

This is Snow Whites Wishing Well
5c231799.jpg

6ab5d90d.jpg

4fa1c8a4.jpg

fc18e467.jpg

b28cd197.jpg

5776664e.jpg

9fcb2535.jpg

4e79d30a.jpg

e5aa4df2.jpg

ee5373e6.jpg

We finally made our way to our next ride...

6f8079fd.jpg

Still waaay better than WDW, although my head took a battering which wasn't good first thing in the morning.

We rode Star Tours next, as we had never been on the original one in WDW. I don't know whether its because of our experience beforehand (ride must have broken down or something as the line was short but was taking forever to get to the line for the pod) but I didn't like it. I prefer the new updated version at WDW, waay better and its in 3D

Cntd...

We made our way over to Small World to see what the line was like.

26165b5e.jpg

This is the Italian themed part of the park. See how the building is leaning slightly, a nod towards Pisa we were told.
b205b89e.jpg

52e54c84.jpg

We saw Suzy and Perla in the distance with little line and made our way over for a photo.
70c540f9.jpg

However, once it was our "turn" a UK family came running over and jumped right in for a picture. We didn't bother getting a picture after that (as I got slightly annoyed), so we carried on to IASW.

8ffc4f20.jpg

6b58ed43.jpg

ab7c7e9f.jpg

85125ba3.jpg

The line was pretty much nonexistent and we hopped right in to a boat.

87b03eac.jpg

a94a84c9.jpg

283225fb.jpg

e9473cab.jpg

bda25da4.jpg

96fb67fc.jpg

aa4abe18.jpg

cc733de9.jpg

7885c738.jpg

6ee88d6f.jpg

02a4aefd.jpg

77ad7dee.jpg

I love these posters
75021b6e.jpg

a6f70c9a.jpg

9f7fb91b.jpg

Again this is another ride we prefer to WDW's as its more colourful and bright and I feel like it has more, more dolls, more detail etc

Cntd...

We headed on back towards Fantasy Land for our next ride which was...

7cfecc15.jpg

17fd36d3.jpg

This is a cute little ride, which we enjoyed and rode a few times during our trip.

The detail in this park is just incredible, take Strombolis cart for instance.

990df2c3.jpg

0e7f4257.jpg

This sign is so cute :cutie:
4430a13e.jpg

After Pinocchio it was time for Pirates!

3eb69b01.jpg

45b4378e.jpg

I prefer the WDW version to this one, as you have the added extras from the movies, oh and Jack too :lovestruc

After Pirates we made our way over to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones. Its a shame WDW doesn't have this ride in the studios, as its a fun ride, with loops and twists and turns.

It was time to tackle Phantom Manor, so onward we went. Unfortunately we found out it was down at that time, so we decided to come back later, but not before taking some more photos.

0d8da445.jpg

aa01ab25.jpg

402a6720.jpg

So where to next? Why Big Thunder of course.

6bd4417c.jpg

09ccb293.jpg

33f4dd39.jpg

We enjoyed this ride as much as WDW, nice little rollercoaster :)

We took some more photos around Frontierland

96a517b6.jpg

e7f9c888.jpg

01678f02.jpg

d8ed68a5.jpg

The reason for this random pic is I saw a rooster or chicken and I had to get photographic evidence as Dave hadn't seen it. He did think I was nuts however for taking a random photo of a food cart :laughing:

0db683df.jpg

313df6c3.jpg

Back to Fantasy Land for a ride on Snow White, a little bit different to WDW as its more darker, but both still very good.

We found the Christmas shop in the castle on our down towards Main Street. Suffice to say I was very happy as I was hoping to get some bargain Christmas decorations for our tree for this year.

No photos of our purchases, but I did get some bargain baubles and some other ornaments. We did get this as well for our next Christmas trip to WDW

22ffb899.jpg

Cntd...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter