How are the free dining ADRs going?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
First, I have to apologize for my poor grammar in my headline. Are you getting the ADRs you want? Did you call in your ADRs or make them online? If you called, how long did you have to wait? I was able to get most of my ressies at the times I wanted. I made mine online. At 180 days, it seems easier to get the difficult ADRs. :banana: To whom it may concern, thanks for fixing my headline. :thumbsup2

I had no trouble either in getting exactly the ADRs I wanted. I got on-line starting a few minutes before 6 AM. After getting the 3 most important ones (CRT, 'Ohana, and Boma) I checked out, in case the system crashed or my computer froze etc. Then I did the other 4.

I had to call in for the 8th one, the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose. I was all ready to call in a minute or two before 7 AM when I realized I had forgotten the area code. By the time I looked it up it was a couple minutes after 7, and I was on hold for 25 minutes. I ended up with a 4:10 PM reservation on Aug. 19. There was still a 4:55 available on Aug. 22, that I was tempted to take instead but didn't.

I didn't try a LeCellier dinner this time, so I don't know if that would have been harder to get. I just booked a lunch there for this trip.

I had no problems with most - except Le Cellier. I had my choice of 4:35 or after 8, but not on the day(s) I wanted. Oddly, I can still book an 8:30 CRT for the trip, but virtually nothing for Le Cellier.

Our went great, we made them online at 6:00 this morning for our 8/15/10 arrival, and got all 10 reservations we wanted at exactly the time we wanted. :woohoo:

Whole thing took about 45 minutes.

Last year, my wife spent about 2 hours on hold, and another 1.5 hours shuffling things around, and we ended up not getting one of our choices.

Got all of mine, including LeCellier for myself and DH and my daughter and her 3 friends that are also there. Mine is on 8/19 at 7 and my daughters is 8/17 at 5. got all ofthe other 10 or so that I wanted and the times I desired including Ohana's for fireworks. Love this 180 days.

Got up early was able to start making ressies at 5:55. Got everything we wanted for 8/15 - 8/27 (free dining bounceback). I was surprised - wasn't sure about hopeful people booking for free dining. No problem getting Le Celier, Chef Mickeys and many others - only one I needed to switch some plans around for was Tusker House (and not Donald's breakfast) which I thought was weird...although it is a great restaurant. Have to go back online to do a few more ressies for the end of the trip tomorrow - hopefully I'll be as lucky, but I got the hard ones already =) Good luck everyone!

Mine went great, and I didn't even get up that early (by west coast standards). Got everything I wanted (and I had some of the biggies--Ohana, Le Cellier, etc.) at the times I wanted. . . almost. The only days my times were changed were 8/15 (I expected that--first day of free dining) and, oddly enough, 8/24?!?

Anyway, we're happy campers--hope all goes as well for everyone else! Pixie dust to all!

We got everything we wanted within a 5-10 minute range. I didn't try for LeCellier dinner because my son wants to dine at the Garden Grill. We upgraded to deluxe dining so I had 15 credits to play with from Sunday to Friday. We check out on Friday and head over to the Nick hotel for two days. Our first day at the Nick still spent at Disney and probably our last night Sat spent there too! I have a feeling my son isn't going to want to leave the pool area that day. We also have a free ticket from volunteering that we can use on our final day.
Now if Southwest will just release their schedule sooner than March 23rd we would be all set to go!

Our went great, we made them online at 6:00 this morning for our 8/15/10 arrival, and got all 10 reservations we wanted at exactly the time we wanted. :woohoo:

Whole thing took about 45 minutes.

Last year, my wife spent about 2 hours on hold, and another 1.5 hours shuffling things around, and we ended up not getting one of our choices.

Hope I can say the same in a week!:wizard:

Now if Southwest will just release their schedule sooner than March 23rd we would be all set to go!

I'm waiting for Southwest too. AirTran may be a little cheaper, but they have fewer non-stops and you have to pay for checking bags, so it may not save money anyway.

I'm waiting for Southwest too. AirTran may be a little cheaper, but they have fewer non-stops and you have to pay for checking bags, so it may not save money anyway.

I agree! Also as of now you can take 2 bags on Southwest free! This year I'm taking an empty one for the bring home stuff!

The free dining not being open to the general public at this time, maybe helping things also. It took me about a half hour to make my ten ADRs, online, as mentioned.

The free dining not being open to the general public at this time, maybe helping things also. It took me about a half hour to make my ten ADRs, online, as mentioned.

Yes i think this played a big part in the great availability this morning. I thought for sure it could possibly be a mess.

If and when there is a public offer, it may not even apply to the same dates.

But it's nice in any case to have the 6 months advance bookings back, for those of us who took the bounceback offer.

I got everything I wanted including .... Le Cellier! :woohoo:

I did them online at 6:30am. :surfweb:

I was worried being the first day of "free dining" but it went very quickly.

Good Luck to all of you! :goodvibes

I have to make a few more in the next couple of days...hope it goes as well as today!

I forgot all about calling this morning!! Just did mine by phone about 30 minutes ago. I wanted to do them on line, but could not figure out how to put in my resort reservation # so I could not book anything after Aug. 15.

I did not spend any time on hold. I got much of what I wanted except Calironia Grill. I wanted 8:15 but ended up with 7:30--other option was 8:55.

If anyone can help me with how to do the online reservations I would appreciate it... I do have a couple more I am working on...

For online booking go to www.disneyworld.com. Click on book, then click on dining reservations. In paragraph three, in blue is a statement about retrieving a reservation. Click on that and type in your confirmation number etc. This should open up all eligible dates.

Hopefully when I am able to book on Sat morning I will get everything we want at the tine we want.

we arrive on 8/19 and stay until 8/31

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter