How are the crowds today (9-13) at DHS???

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
We are going to DHS tonight and was wondering how the crowds have been so far today.I don't want to get over there and find the park at capacity, which I doubt will happen, even though I expect it to be very crowded.

We are going to DHS tonight and was wondering how the crowds have been so far today.I don't want to get over there and find the park at capacity, which I doubt will happen, even though I expect it to be very crowded.

When I was heading in this morning the front part of the lot was already filled. It's definitely busier but I haven't checked wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We just got back from DHS. Crowds are not bad at all - especially since we are usually here in the summer. We are going to MNSSHP tonight so we left about an hour ago to chill at the resort before getting ready for the party. Tower of Terror was 20 minutes, RRC was 30, Toy Story was 40. They still had fast passes for TS when we got there but they were for 12:30 -- that's AM not PM. The stuff was up for the dance party. It looked pretty cool. Merchandise goes on sale at 6PM. All they have is a t-shirt. Fireworks are at 11PM. We thought about coming back to DHS after the party but changed our minds when we found out the fireworks were at 11 and not midnight as originally reported.

When I was heading in this morning the front part of the lot was already filled. It's definitely busier but I haven't checked wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DUH! I had not even thought about looking at the wait times. I just checked them and they don't look TOO bad. We've already been to DHS twice this week and have ridden at least twice the major rides. We are going tonight just to see what it's like and maybe do some last minute shopping before going home tomorrow.

I'm here now and I've been here since 11:30. The bus from Port Orleans wasn't crowded. It stopped at FQ and Riverside and there were seats available after the last people were picked up. And we waited about 10 minutes for the bus to come... to give some perspective.

It's been decent today. Busier for a typical early-mid September non-EMH day but not much. It's picked up though, during the last few hours. The 5:15pm Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular was full and I can't recall ever seeing it full.

FPs are still available for everything else except TSM but we got some for later when we arrived at the park.

There's already a wait for the special event t-shirt so if anyone wants it, they had better get in line soon.

I'm sitting in traffic on Buena Vista and it isn't moving at all. I've never seen traffic like this here.

It's ridiculous...was trying to get to Ohana from Pop stand still traffic for 30 mins. We ended up going all the way around to i-4 to 192. Thankfully the left lane was clear. All entrance to get to DHS were so backed up. Even coming from MK.

RT @musicmaniac42: @TouringPlans Hollywood Studios parking lot has closed. Cast Members are telling everyone to park at Epcot.

We are trying to get to Epcot and traffic is super backed up that way too. This is ridiculous. I wonder if Disney thought this event would get this big.

Thats why they should do this more often. .. so its not soooo packed !!!
Prooves how popular new or unusual characters are... so why not offer some new charcter meet and greets or meals ???,

We have been on bus from pop for 2 hours. Parking lots are full as they are redirecting to epcot. Driver has not mentioned a lvl 1 shutdown yet. Im sure park is swamped

Facebook pics are showing a shoulder to shoulder mass of people in front of the Hat. Fb statuses are saying DHS CMs are stating the park is close to capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter