How are the crowds this month?

toonaspie

Just a poser
I'm seriously thinking about doing a Universal only vacay (if my roomie is up for it) for October (14-17th) 2017 during my roomie's Fall Break. Especially since I found a good package deal, a 3 night with 2 park-to-park day tickets. If we were to do a CBBR standard room, that would put us a little under $1000 (before airline tix) which ain't too bad.

The only thing we're concerned about is crowds and lines. I don't wanna haveta splurge on the Express Pass feature if not needed but I just wanna make sure. We're thinking day 1 will be all the things not Harry Potter and day two will be ALL Harry Potter (so I guess we would only pay for one day of Express Pass since HP is still excluded from this feature?).

The only non-HP things we're interested in are The Simpsons, Jurassic Park, ET, and Kong. We have no interest in the water park or HHN.

What are the line/wait times at Universal rides usually like compared to Disney World? Did the hurricane affect crowds at all the way it has at Disney World? What is the normal crowd levels at Universal during this time of year? And should I worry about any possible ride refurbs happening during this time?

Also looking for the cheapest method of transportation to the Universal resort and back from airport. Thanx.

I can't speak for 2017 but a good touring plan albeit minimal by WDW standards will help you navigate a long weekend in October. Since you will have an on site stay, that will help a lot. I think you will be fine. Ask specifics and we can jump in to help. Where will you stay? Are you early risers? Etc.

You will have EE when you stay at Cbay and that will help

Staying for the weekend that October will have high occupancy levels at the hotel

Hhn brings many to the parks especially for weekends
There will be another ride outside the potter area open during EE time period

Use SR lines during the day to shorten line waits

Could be the star shuttle be the cheapest transportation from Mco to hotel for you

Oh jeez! It seems the vacation package I was considering is no longer listed on the site. :eek: Odd considering the package was good till Dec of 2017.

Looks like I'll haveta look at their "make-your-own" option. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter