• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the crowds the week before Thanksgiving?

Choogie

Earning My Ears
We're arriving November 16th and just wondering how busy the parks might be. Also, are the hotels pretty well decorated at this time? Thanks!

This is a great week to go. It should not be too crowded. I am not sure about decorated. Anyone else?

We were at OKW that week last year. The crowds are low until about the day before Thanksgiving, and then they pick up and are at their highest Friday and Saturday. Some of the decorations are already up, and some of the special shows and Osborne lights will start at Thanksgiving. We found they did not do a lot of decorating at OKW until Thanksgiving though.

We have been the week before Thanksgiving week for the past two years. It is awesome and the crowds are very low. For the past two years we have been able to see the Magic Kingdom decorated because we go to the Christmas party every year which they do have during that week. I would suggest it highly. Now I did hear that the Osbourne lights are being pushed back, last year they started on the 11th of November. I think this year it will be after Thanksgiving, which I think is a bummer, but what can you do! Still love going this week. Oh and weather was lovely too! Have a great trip!

We're arriving on the 14th and are going to MVMCP on the 16th. We think some of the resorts will be decorated. I know WL was by the 16th a few years ago when we were there. The fact that the Osborne lights have been pushed back makes me wonder a bit about just how decorated things other than the MK will be.

We have dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and I was sure hoping the gingerbread house will be up to show my DGC and family. DDiL can't take time off between Thanksgiving and New Years, and we were truly hoping that except for the CP and Holidays around the World at Epcto, which ordinarily didn't start until Thanksgiving the family would be able to enjoy it all! I don't know now, but we're going. We bought the MVMCP tickets! From what people say, at least the Castle will have the icy lights on, and they alone are worth the trip!:goodvibes

Bobbi:goodvibes

We're arriving on the 14th and are going to MVMCP on the 16th. We think some of the resorts will be decorated. I know WL was by the 16th a few years ago when we were there. The fact that the Osborne lights have been pushed back makes me wonder a bit about just how decorated things other than the MK will be.

We have dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and I was sure hoping the gingerbread house will be up to show my DGC and family. DDiL can't take time off between Thanksgiving and New Years, and we were truly hoping that except for the CP and Holidays around the World at Epcto, which ordinarily didn't start until Thanksgiving the family would be able to enjoy it all! I don't know now, but we're going. We bought the MVMCP tickets! From what people say, at least the Castle will have the icy lights on, and they alone are worth the trip!:goodvibes

Bobbi:goodvibes

2 weeks ago I would say a third to a half of the lights were already up for Osborne. Too bad they are too cheap to "throw the switch" as early because I thought it was an amazing experience!

In the past 2 years, most of the Christmas decorations showed up by the end of the weekend before Thanksgiving. (EPCOT seemed to be the slowest due to the F&W conversion. F&W ends 2 weeks before Thanksgiving?) It is an amazing process, seems an entire lobby will get decorated "overnight" or within a day.

We have been at Thanksgiving, but this year we are going from the 12 to the 22, I'm not a crowd nut so I am hoping that it will be the least crowded time of the year. Anyway, when we went for Thanksgiving, it was crowded that weekend but after that it got back to normal. Weather was great, just a nip at night which is great. Hope you have a great time, we'll be there too, look for the crazy family with 3 teenagers and a 2 year old running the show.....

We are going then too - arriving on Nov 15th and staying until Nov. 21. I am really hoping for warmer weather than we got the last time we went which was Feb 2007. Also now that we are DVC members, we are really excited to be staying at SSR and enjoying all of the space. Hope you have a great time - we are VERY excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter