How are the crowds mid Janurary??

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
Can anyone with Janurary experience tell me how the crowds are and how the weather is? We are thinking of going the 12-20 since our kids have a few days off during that time. We have never been in Jan. We have kids 17,12,9 and will have a newborn (3 1/2 months) then also. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Can anyone with Janurary experience tell me how the crowds are and how the weather is? We are thinking of going the 12-20 since our kids have a few days off during that time. We have never been in Jan. We have kids 17,12,9 and will have a newborn (3 1/2 months) then also. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Nice time to go. Lower crowds than most times.

It can be in the 70's-low 80's during the day, but it CAN get down in the 30's with strong winds at night.

Pack LAYERS of clothing and coats...
and shorts to heavy bluejeans.

We were there January 8-23 of this year. It was fantastic. The weather was cool enough for me to wear long sleeve shirts (which I prefer) but my son wore a t-shirt. It was cool in the morning, and in the evening. I loved it. We did not have any rain, except for a downpour during the beginning of the Pirate and Princess Party, during the entire 2 weeks.

The crowds were great. We didn't wait in hardly any lines. There were a lot of Brazilian tour groups, but we didn't find the wait for rides to be long.

This is my favorite time of year to go.

Hello!

January was such an AWESOME time to go for us! We were there 1/14/07 to 1/25/07 and it was great. The parks were not crowded on most days but to my surprise, there were a few days where we waited in line 40-45minutes for Soar'in / Test track / Jungle Cruise & then dealt with packed buses back to AKL (was not expecting it because I heard WDW was a total Ghost Town in Jan) but overall, it was a wonderful time...we 70-80 degree days with filtered sunshine...even got into the pool a couple of days...could not ask for better!

We stayed at POFQ Jan20-25 and it was wonderful. We had a cold day,we had a hot day for the pool, and the rest were perfect 70s! The week after us we heard it was fairly cold so it's just luck I think. Crowd were GREAT especially the pirate princess party. This is definitely my favorite time to go.
Have a GREAT time!!
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We went Land/Sea Jan. 10-18. Perfect trip. Our weather was low 70's in the day, a sweater was needed at night. We definitely could use the pools. Cruising weather was smooth too.
We're going next year Jan. 16-24, so hope for good weather then too. The crowds in January are not small, but not too crowded. All in all, I'd recommend January!:love:

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like this should be a good time for us to try and go. Especially since the kids would only miss 3 days of school.

We went the end of Jan into Feb. and it was great. The week days there were hardly any lone lines (except for where you expect them to be). The weekends could get busy, but not crazy. We are going back the begining of Ja:cool1: n. 08 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter