• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are December fast passes going?

I think the party effect ends around the time that availability picks up. The excessive number of Christmas parties killed fast pass availability. We worked out some math on it last week. It was profound.

I’m curious and I haven’t read this whole thread. Are you saying the parties affect FOP or FEA availability? I understand how they affect MK FPs but other than increased people traveling during those times is there another effect on other parks?

I’m curious and I haven’t read this whole thread. Are you saying the parties affect FOP or FEA availability? I understand how they affect MK FPs but other than increased people traveling during those times is there another effect on other parks?

No, I don't think the parties affected FOP availability. In fact I think FOP availability has been slowly getting better this whole time. The parties definitely affect FP+ availability at MK, both for your 3 advance FP's as well as additional 4th FP's that day in the park. With such reduced operating hours, there are just fewer FP+ slots to go around. And the party ticket holders can book FP+ from 4-6pm. Splash being closed as a choice hasn't helped either.

I successfully got FoP fp when I coordinated with someone else and still need two more so I’d be interested if you wanted to start a thread. The coordination may not work but worth a shot right?
Me too...same boat trying to modify times to work around adr on 12/14. Even if it's a long shot...the refreshing is getting old! It's like a slot machine that never ever hits!!!

No, I don't think the parties affected FOP availability. In fact I think FOP availability has been slowly getting better this whole time. The parties definitely affect FP+ availability at MK, both for your 3 advance FP's as well as additional 4th FP's that day in the park. With such reduced operating hours, there are just fewer FP+ slots to go around. And the party ticket holders can book FP+ from 4-6pm. Splash being closed as a choice hasn't helped either.
Unless you have a parkhopper situation, where folks who have MVMCP tix are going to AK/Epcot for the day, and then hopping to MK to do the MVMCP. That will put an added demand on the FPs for FOP and FEA. I think we're seeing a greater availability Dec 23 and on because there is no MVMCP so the distribution amongst all 4 parks are spread out more.

Unless you have a parkhopper situation, where folks who have MVMCP tix are going to AK/Epcot for the day, and then hopping to MK to do the MVMCP. That will put an added demand on the FPs for FOP and FEA. I think we're seeing a greater availability Dec 23 and on because there is no MVMCP so the distribution amongst all 4 parks are spread out more.

Maybe, but my trip is over before 12/23 and I had much more availability for FOP than for 7DMT, especially if you want a return time before late afternoon which I did. I was so worried about this I did 7DMT first.

My fp window just opened today. I logged in for the first time a few minutes ago. We are a family of four.
No FOP available for arrival day. Dec. 23.

Dec. 24-27 there is FP for FOP in the afternoon and evening (not morning)
Dec. 28 there is availability anytime for FOP.

Reactions: KEW

I logged in this morning to book FP's. I had no issues at all. I was able to book everything I wanted. I was able to book FOP on 12/28 with plenty of options. We're doing Na'vi River Journey on Xmas day. Plenty of times for that one. I was dreading getting up this morning thinking it was going to be a battle but no issues at all.

I logged in this morning to book FP's. I had no issues at all. I was able to book everything I wanted. I was able to book FOP on 12/28 with plenty of options. We're doing Na'vi River Journey on Xmas day. Plenty of times for that one. I was dreading getting up this morning thinking it was going to be a battle but no issues at all.
What day are you doing FOP on? It's hard for me to gauge how well you did until I know that.

I did my FP this morning and I was about to get FOP for Christmas Day no problem for the afternoon and for the evening times (I chose afternoon) I was even able to go back and modify for my DH and one of my DD who won’t ride FOP and got them Navi at the same time

Our FP window opened this morning. Easily got FoP for Christmas Day, the 27th, and 29th, right in the exact window we wanted it each time.

And today...

FOP
Dec 23 none
Dec 24 4:20 pm - 9 pm (plus a lone one in the morning)
Dec 25 2:30 pm - 9 pm
Dec 26 12:55 pm - 9 pm
Dec 27 all day booking 1 day later, 3:05 was the earliest I could get (though we do have a party of 11)

Mine Train
Dec 23 4:55 pm - 9:30 pm (plus a lone morning one)
Dec 24 10:20 am - 9:30 pm
Dec 25 12:55 pm - 9:10 pm booking 1 day later, 5:10 was the earliest I could get
Dec 26 all day

60 days out today for me and I got:

(60+1) December 25 (party of 6)
AK in the morning
-- 2:25 Space Mountain (plenty of availability all hours)
-- 3:35 Haunted Mansion (plenty of availability all hours)
-- 5:10 7DMT (earliest available. Originally wanted after Space Mountain, around 3:25)

(60+3) December 27 (party of 11)
Epcot in the morning
-- 3:05 FOP (originally wanted around 2:30. Earliest time was 3:25 when I first logged in, first FP going for. Was able to modify for my entire party of 11 (!!) to 3:05. Tried modifying for 1 person to see any earlier availability and it was not showing anything before this.)
-- 4:25 EE (plenty of availability all hours. originally had FOP at 3:25 so got 4:25 for EE. may move this forward...not sure)
-- ROL

(60+4) December 28 (party of 11)
Hollywood Studios
-- Tower of Terror (plenty of availability all hours)
-- Toy Story midway mania (plenty of availability all hours)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter