• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are crowds last week of August?

abooch

Mouseketeer
I will be going to Disney August 24-30...How are the crowds then...I know most kids in the south are back to school but how much of a difference does it make? I was just reading that the last week/labor day weekend is one of the busiest..? Is this true?

We visited during this very week in 2008 and the crowds were not bad at all. I think our longest wait was to get FPs for Toy Story Mania; we stood in line for @ 20 minutes. We rarely had to use FPs for other rides. Most waits were 10 minutes or less. The crowds got bigger (but still manageable) as the week progressed b/c Labor Day was earlier that year. We hit the parks at opening each day and did lots of stuff by noon-1 pm. We would then have a nice and relaxing lunch, then go back to the resort to swim / nap. We would return to the parks in the evenings (after 5 pm or so). It's definitely HOT during that week so be prepared. It helps by getting out first thing in the morning and then going back to the part in late afternoon / early evenings.

Thanks! Hope its not busy cause of labor day weekend..I mean is it less busier than iin the middle of the summer?

Labor day is the following week. If you go during the last week in August --it will be quieter then the following week

Oh yea..my bad...so yea hoping its a good time.. i know the weather is hot but i have methods to keep cool..

Bumping this thread as I'm hoping more people will comment.

We're scheduled to go 8/21 - 8/28 using a 40% off deluxe pin code. I had anticipated that free dining offered, but had not anticipated the GP room only discounts. Should we expect higher crowd levels with combination of room only/free dining discounts over free dining alone?

We too are going the last week in Aug( Aug 26- Sept 7). We are taking it slow on this trip. We have been a few times before, seen most of WDW. This trip we are hitting our favorite spots and just want to relax. I read its best to get to the parks at rope drop and we may change our minds once we get there. But we are going to try and relax in the mornings at the hotel or WP. Then have a late lunch in what ever park we are going to spend the evening in and stay till that park closes. We are choosing the parks that stay open for late hours for Disney Hotel guest. Not sure how this will work but we can always change our minds when we get there.

We were there last year during the 2nd last week of August. Florida schools go back 2 wks before Labour Day. It is a great time to go, which is why we're going back the same week this year. The crowds are manageable - plan well and go at rope drop. Take a break in the pm and enjoy those fantastic summer evenings!
I followed the boards very very closely and the crowds were busy right up until that week. That was with free dining too! Enjoy!:wizard:

We were there the last week of August last year. I didn't think it was that bad. There were some lines, but they were manageable. But it was very hot!

not bad at all. The parks certainly aren't empty, but the crowds are manageable. It's definitely hot...but it's doable. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter