How are crowds in June?

mommaof3girls

Earning My Ears
We are already booked for June 7-14th 2012 and cannot change dates. This time works for us because DH is a high school teacher and it works with the school calendar for our older DD (1st grade).

How are crowds in June? I know it will be hot, but we are prepared and will be bringing mister fans, our little one's strollers have sunshades, etc. We know about taking breaks and everything.

Thanks!

We tend to only go in Early June. the Crowds are not that bad (in my opinion).

Last time we went, longest wait we had was 1.5 hours.. and that is because my kiddos "HAD" to ride Splash Mountain 1 more time before the park closed.

If you use the FastPass option and watch for the guest swells (like when the Riverboat docks) you should be fine.

If anything, download an app from touring plans or Undercover tourist to help know where the lines are lighter. :)

We're going June 6-13. I've never been in the summer, but did my research and the crowds will be lower the first part of June compared to later in the month. Usually the heat is a little lower than July and August,too.

We're there too. I'm used to 2-3s for crowds so 6-8 may be a shock!

Lots of planning required, but I'm sure we'll have a blast!

We have gone June the last 3 years. The first year was a freak heatwave and it was 95 degrees by 9 am every day....Not typical.
The weather will be hot and humid, high 80's low 90s in the middle of the day. Rope Drop is your best friend weather wise so you can get things done and get out before it gets unbearable. June crowds that early may not be as bad as later in the month because northeast schools still in session at that time.
Water water water...drink it often!
Rope drops and midday breaks, fastpass where applicable, and you will be absolutely fine.We have had no trouble doing everything more than once, and not at a commando pace.
Headliners first thing in the morning, fastpass them for second rides.Quick load rides like pirates and HM after that...then easy stuff like COP and philharmagic and Bears when it gets nuts.
New fastpass rules will make it harder to plan for evenings, but get a set for the farthest time away when you leave, and hopefully you make it back in time to use it.

We went last June (1st week) and it was crazier than we'd ever seen it! :scared1:We are used to going in Sept/Oct/early Dec and it was much busier than those months. It was also extremely HOT last year. Our last day, at DHS, our van temp read 104 degrees! Kids were really hot and tired by midday so we went back to the resort and swam for the first time ever. I did feel like we accomplished a lot less than on other trips due to the crowds and heat, but it was still a great trip. Anyone who is there is having more fun than I am at home! :thumbsup2
We did bring lots of water, and a washcloth or 2 for the kids to cool off with. They had the personal fans too, but they didn't help much. Lots of breaks and time indoors during the hot sun and you'll make it just fine. :)

We have gone June the last 3 years. The first year was a freak heatwave and it was 95 degrees by 9 am every day....Not typical.
The weather will be hot and humid, high 80's low 90s in the middle of the day. Rope Drop is your best friend weather wise so you can get things done and get out before it gets unbearable. June crowds that early may not be as bad as later in the month because northeast schools still in session at that time.
Water water water...drink it often!
Rope drops and midday breaks, fastpass where applicable, and you will be absolutely fine.We have had no trouble doing everything more than once, and not at a commando pace.
Headliners first thing in the morning, fastpass them for second rides.Quick load rides like pirates and HM after that...then easy stuff like COP and philharmagic and Bears when it gets nuts.
New fastpass rules will make it harder to plan for evenings, but get a set for the farthest time away when you leave, and hopefully you make it back in time to use it.

I agree with a lot of what was said above. Headliners early, get fastpasses, go back to your hotel in the afternoons when it is extremely hot and busy and take a nap and a dip in the pool. Go back after dinner and a lot of the people that have been there since opening will be heading out as their little ones have passed out.

I have been in January, March and June and June was by far the busiest. Although, the first week of June is generally much less busy than the end of June.

My family went to Universal the last week of June last summer and took an evening to go to DTD. W-O-W. It was so busy you could hardly shop. If you're thinking June definitely go early.

This will be our first trip in June. I'm a little nervous about the heat and the crowds. We plan on getting there at rope drop, staying until about 1 and then heading back to the house to nap/swim. Then return to the parks for dinner and hang out til closing.

Thanks guys!

We are a little nervous about the heat and everything but am sure it will be a great trip regardless, after all it's our first one!

I have only been the second week of June and that is when we will be there this time as well. It's not too terrible at all. It does get warm, but crowds are not really bad. You will have a great time!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter