• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Am I going to keep it a secret 117 days to go...

We leave in 5 weeks from tomorrow and I can't believe I haven't told the kids yet! It's their 4th trip and they keep asking when we are going back and we totally have them convinced we are taking this year off from Disney... But, we talk about Disney World all the time in our house so I've been using a lot "when we do go back... questions to plan favorite restaurants and Fastpasses. We already told them dad has to go out of town for work and we will be taking him to the airport that day (something we normally do a few times a year) and then the plan is to pull out their bags in the parking garage and tell them they are going "somewhere" and wait till they get to the gate and see the "Orlando" sign.
My middle son thinks he's going in five years, hahahaha! Last night he said I can't wait till my birthday because I'll have one last year to wait....If you only knew kiddo!!!

We only have 45 days to go before we drive up to WDW! We are flying to FL for a work conference, and when it's over, we're driving to the Poly instead of the airport!! This is our first trip to Disney World, so it's going to be even that much more special. We planned the trip six months ago, so I understand the torture of waiting. There have been so many times I've wanted to blurt it out, but it's going to be the very best surprise, and one they won't soon forget.
I've been over 20 times, once with DH. But it will be their first time. What do you plan for the surprise?

So far Ive been able to keep our trip a surprise for about 6 months. Just 19 more days until we tell them we are going to Disney cant wait!!

I kept our Alaskan Cruise a secret for over a year - you can do it! It's hard, but the payoff was so worth it!!

We're going I almost exactly 6 months! I can't wait! My DH, DD and I are going to Fort Meyers with my brother and his family to visit my parents. After 4 days there, we are going to surprise DD7 with the Disney trip the morning we leave for Orlando! I don't know how I'm going to sit in this for so long.

We surprised the kids in March and it was FANTASTIC! We loaded the truck all up, packed everything without them knowing. They had school, so we told them they had dentist appointments first thing in the morning and then left. We were driving about 30 minutes before they started asking questions. I put a reveal video on the DVD player that DH and I had made and they freaked out. Best. Memory. Ever. If you can hold off, it's totally worth it.

Only 39 more days of keeping the secret here. The 2 days before we leave she will be at the in-laws.(I drop her off at school Thursday mornings and they pick her up after school and drop her off at home Saturday morning) Our flight leaves at 9am so we need to be at the airport at 7am saturday morning. I will pick her up Friday night after all packing is done and have her sleep at home that night as we live near to the airport and they don't. I'll just tell her she has an appointment Saturday morning. We will wake up get ready then get her up and let her pack a few must have things in her pack back and my mum will come and drive us to the airport. (My mum lives 2 min from our house, the in-laws live about 30 mins in the opposite direction. We will tell her when she wakes up Saturday morning.

I have 337 days left ! I can hardly contain myself. But in my case, im surprising my daughter and husband. I know my daughter prefers to be told the day of. I know this because we have day dreamed about planning our imaginary vacation and "fake surprise" and she mentioned she'd prefer to be told the day of because having to wait even 1month would feel like an eternity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter