How accurate is the online resort reservation system?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by leeserw, Oct 18, 2012.

1. leeserw

leeserw Mouseketeer

I'm trying to find a campspot available for Dec 27-30. I know it's a long shot but I'm going to check every day just in case. Due to the long waits when I call I was thinking of just checking availability online. Does anyone know how accurate the online system is? Will availability show up immeditely like it does when you call?
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

The website is a toss up. I've found that if it isn't on the website, it is sometimes available when I call (but more times than not, it's still out for the phone CM's too). However, I've also seen things on the website that I go through to book and it doesn't tell me that it's not available until the very end.

Calling is probably the best option. I think the call volumes should die down soon, and the wait times will in turn go down as well. I never have much of a wait on a normal day when I call.

Good luck :flower3:

4. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

You might want to check the FW forum if you have not already done so and post this question. I have seen them mention that if you expand the dates for your stay before and after that sometimes they have luck getting a spot. Then you would have to call and cancel the days you do not want.

I do know that basically the entire month of December is extremely busy especially for the campground due to all of the decorations people put up.

5. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

at this late date the odds of finding a campsite are slim. Everyone wants to go at xmas. your best option is to keep checking online and phone in the mornings. if you find something.... book it. wont be there long.

been told alot of the campsites are reserved almost a yr out for the xmas holiday season. school breaks etc contribute to the high volume of rv's at WDW. we used to try to get a rv site at xmas but gave up trying.....

6. katrina1122

katrina1122 My Tag Fairy Tag went bye-bye :(

I just checked thru the disney travel agent site, nothing but cabins are available for those dates. Your best bet is to keep checking back. I've found online to be fairly accurate.