How about the birds at SBP

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
I was talking to some other DISers about the SBP location and it was brought to my attention that the big black birds that fly around the boardwalk could be a potential problem. I would have never given that a thought. Has anyone ever encountered these birds at SBP?

There may be an issue with them around the food service area, but SBP is far enough over I would not expect an issue over there. That area would have been my pick had we not done the WP.

I got married November 13th of last year and our cocktail hour was at SBP at 6:30 in the evening. I don't remember birds being a problem at that time of day - but I honestly wasn't there that long.

Here's how our cocktail hour looked set up:

41424554.jpg

41424508.jpg

I do know that birds on the BW are a problem - since my poor Cousin and BM Debbie went and had lunch outside at Big River Grill Works with her sister and her son (My MOH and RB) after getting their hair done the day of the wedding - and let's say a bird pooped on her head.

But SBP is covered so I don't think that would be a problem.

I love SBP and we were so happy we chose to have our CH there.

41419018.jpg

I, too, am getting married at SBP in December. I just returned from a trip that turned into a "scouting report" and my friend noticed there might be some unexpected guests at the ceremony. There were three ducks walking around!

I just got back from our planning session and we had a skinny squirrel come right up to us with no fear under the gazebo of Seabreeze. Then I saw a little green lizard run back underneath a column in the gazebo part, too. omg I now have visuals of green lizards running up my gown during the vows. :hyper:

~Arlene

OMG! Lizards freak me out. That will make for an interesting ceremony if one of those jumps on me. :earseek:

O my, seeing a squirel I could handle, but not a lizard. I am so squimish around thoses sort of things. Seeing a duck or two might be cute, but please no uninvited reptiles..lol!

to be honest, it is more dangerous for a squirrel to run up your body than a lizard-those things can cut you! I am getting married here too, luckily I am not frightened by any of these things. I would be kinda freaked out if birds were dodging at our heads-that is why I read this post to begin with!:duck:

to be honest, it is more dangerous for a squirrel to run up your body than a lizard-those things can cut you! I am getting married here too, luckily I am not frightened by any of these things. I would be kinda freaked out if birds were dodging at our heads-that is why I read this post to begin with!:duck:

lol I was surprised too. It was just one little lizard I saw on SBP. I know they are common around WDW well FL for that matter. I remember seeing those critters on the garbage can, too at a park. But there should be no problems during the actual ceremony. :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter