• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How about MAY 2011

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
we will be the first to say we are going May 2011!! :woohoo: We are planning a huge family trip to WDW for May 2011. We plan on telling all of the kids on Christmas day. We were just there this past May for 10 days with my parents and my sister and her family but our brothers and their familys have never been. After a lot of pursuading we have finally convinced them to go but because we want to stay 10-12 days and stay deluxe it was thought that we better wait one year for everyone to put aside the money. So.....is it too early to celebrate and be excited? How am I ever going to pass the time?:confused3

So.......it seems that we are the only ones planning this far in advance?:confused3 Oh well....every day I am one day closer to being at "My Happiest Place on Earth"!!:woohoo:

We are also looking to go down in May 2011. We were also down in May of 09 during the rain storms.

Maybe us - but DD wants to go March for her bday. We'll see. We were also there May 2009 (and 2007), but before the rainstorms hit! we'll do Poly again

I will be in the World in 23 days!!!!!! :cool1: BUT, I have already decided that when I return I will be booking for May 2011! My Birthday is in May and I would like to celebrate in Disney! :goodvibes Next month we will be celebrating my DS's 6th Birthday in WDW!!:woohoo: I can't wait! When I get back I'll be feeling the same way you are...the feeling of, How will I ever be able to wait?:confused3 It may be a bit early to say but, Have a great va-ca!!!!!!!

We usually go down in January, but a friend is celebrating her daughter's birthday in May so we figured we'd kill two birds with one stone. :goodvibes

Planning on about 10 days and staying offsite so we can go to Universal and Seaworld. Of course, these are just ideas right now, but I can and will scale back as time progresses.

Looking forward to chatting with you all about our plans. :hippie:

Add DH and I as May trippers -- second week of the month! But only for four nights *sigh* DH has just never felt the WDW love. It's an add on before our DCL trip. Usually we only stay 3 nights before those, but this time I talked up a segway tour and boat rental to grease the wheels for an extra night :rotfl:

We're going for our 10th Anniversary, still massively torn on where we want to stay. Maybe WL b/c we stayed there last time and loved it, but always wanted to stay at CR. But then there are the BW hotels. ARGGHHHHH! Isn't life so hard having to make decisions like this? ;)

We are SOOOO going in MAY 2011!!:banana: Can't wait. So far we have planned on doing a split stay, first 4 nights off sight :scared1: to force us to try out Seaworld and Aquatica and 1 day of outlet shopping, then 7 nights on site (if you count Swan/Dolphin) at the Dolphin or BW IF we get a pin code. wooooo hoooooo! :dance3:

We are seriously reconsidering our 2011 trip - had been thinking Feb/March for DD's bday (March 1). But the cold weather they've been having SCARES me, LOL!! I don't want to go from Cleveland to FL and wear winter coats, even at night! So now we're thinking early May, as we've done on 2 previous trips. We all love to hit the pool EVERY day and do Blizzard Beach as well (likely closed in March - another consideration). I don't think we want to risk the weather.

So now I'm looking at April 30th- May 7th. Easter is SO late next year, April 24th. We'd arrive the Saturday AFTER Easter, but not do any parks that day. Any thoughts on crowds, etc. for that Sunday? I'm guessing by Monday, May 1 things will be good. How does it work if you're stay overlaps 2 "seasons"? Guessing Saturday, April 30th will be holiday rate, then the rest Regular season. Don't really want to go later in May due to school/sports schedules. Plus, we drive down. Our trip will overlap with the very end of the kids' spring break (always week after Easter). So we could leave Friday, drive most of the day, do a little driving Saturday, and then have the full week there. Drive back Saturday, May 7 and have Sunday to "recoup". This way they'd only miss 5 days of school.

We're hoping for May '11 trip! We were going to go May of this year but my parents decided they wanted to do a "family" trip with all the grandkids to a beach resort this May - I couldn't very well say "no" and we can't afford to do both. Oh well - this just gives me more time to save for the mouse?, right? ;)

we are hoping to go may 2011 it depends on a few things though. it was either going to be may or october

WE'LL BE THERE!!! :dance3:

I can't wait to start getting to really plan this trip! I mean seriously! Must I wait so long! :) My husband has never been & we'll be going right before my daughter's 3rd birthday! (Woohoo free kiddo!) Actually, ALL of our birthday's are in May (ME-3, DH-16, DD-30) so we'll celebrate a different birthday each day. PLUS, my husband will be finished with grad school!!! YAY!!!
Any tips on where to get started?? I will have a not-quite-3 year old...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter