• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How about a "no kids" night at the World?

Too bad - we are all adults here.

I know it would be my wish for just ONE night to NOT see a child melting down, throwing a fit, or just whinning. The big Kids need time to play too!

Or the adult with the child having the meltdown because the kid is so overwhelmed and overstimulated because they are trying to do everything

Don't some parks stay open until 2:30 AM already? I have never been at the late openings as my family and I are really bad when dealing with jetlag and we find England to America pretty horrible but surely at 11 PM onwards there can't be many kids in the park?

Don't some parks stay open until 2:30 AM already? I have never been at the late openings as my family and I are really bad when dealing with jetlag and we find England to America pretty horrible but surely at 11 PM onwards there can't be many kids in the park?

And why should we have to be in the parks after 11pm?:confused3
Some of us would prefer a whole day for adults only.:) Sunshine and all that.;)

And why should we have to be in the parks after 11pm?:confused3
Some of us would prefer a whole day for adults only.:) Sunshine and all that.;)

A Valentines Day adult only event could happen at one of the parks but I doubt it would be MK. Most likely EPCOT or DHS.

Adults Only Extra Magic Hours would be awesome... Then again shouldn't EMH be for adults only anyways? Whenever I see someone pushing a stroller around the park at 2am I just wanna slap someone! :laughing:

Adults Only Extra Magic Hours would be awesome... Then again shouldn't EMH be for adults only anyways? Whenever I see someone pushing a stroller around the park at 2am I just wanna slap someone! :laughing:

I agree - one can only dream :cloud9:

I don't mind having the kids in the park - as one poster says, it is fun to watch their expressions, etc.

But just once I'd like to get my picture taken with a character in the park - without having a child's arm or back in the photo too as they tried to rush up in total excitement to greet the character!

I'd also enjoy the stroller-free walking - no dodging, getting ankles whacked. My husband threatens to rent a stroller just so he can use it as protection :goodvibes

My husband and I do Fantasyland first thing on early magic hours - believe it or not that is when we find the fewest kids and strollers in the area.

Disney is the land of magic - perhaps we'll get our wish come true!
:love:

I can see everyone's points of view here but at the end of the day Disney is all about bringing out the 'child' in everyone (& was indeed invented with children foremost in Walt's mind!) Banning kids at anytime would be plain wrong. Sure - some kids can be pretty annoying, but parents should take a firm line with them and not take them if they are too tired/young/cranky to behave themselves. I have 4 kids (all grown up now) and my happiest memories are of taking them to Disney! I still go now and love to see the happy faces on other peoples kids. If you go to the parks late, most parents have given up & taken the kids home by then (I know I did) so the parks are a little more 'adult-orientated'.
Oh & Disney really wouldn't be Disney without strollers ..:rotfl2:

i'd like to see it happen, a day without getting run over by the double wide strollers would be Great. i always thought Disney was a Park for Us Big Kids anyway, since most of the rides have a Height requirement.

Trip to Disney - $1000
Food and Drink - $300
A Day in the Park Without Kids - Priceless

We were in Fantasyland the first week in December when it was open until midnight one night and I thought, "Oh, fun, no strollers!" Boy, was I wrong! There were more groups with small children and babies than there were adult groups! When do they expect these poor kids to sleep? Don't get me wrong - I'm a grandmother and I adore babies and small children. But my DS has my GDs in bed by 8:00 every night, no matter what. When we go to WDW this next December, I'm sure they won't get to see any fireworks or parades unless they are before 8:00! (Unless he leaves them with me and we watch the fireworks from a balcony at BLT while he is at the park!)

I think there should be a night in the park without those who can't get around the park without stopping suddenly in front of or stepping over the end of the stroller.

We were in Fantasyland the first week in December when it was open until midnight one night and I thought, "Oh, fun, no strollers!" Boy, was I wrong! There were more groups with small children and babies than there were adult groups! When do they expect these poor kids to sleep? Don't get me wrong - I'm a grandmother and I adore babies and small children. But my DS has my GDs in bed by 8:00 every night, no matter what. When we go to WDW this next December, I'm sure they won't get to see any fireworks or parades unless they are before 8:00! (Unless he leaves them with me and we watch the fireworks from a balcony at BLT while he is at the park!)

8 o'clock bedtimes were invented by adults who wanted alone time. Some kids really can do just fine late into the evening when allowed to sleep in or get an extra nap the next day. And don't forget that families with little kids don't necessarily enjoy getting rammed/run over by strollers and listening to other people's whiny kids either (our own are bad enough:rotfl:). Those late night hours provide the opportunity for a nice relaxing time in the park for us (and our children) too!

I don't understand the no kids in DisneyWorld. It's DisneyWorld!!!!

My kids go to bed every night around 8 even on the weekends, but on vacations, they are allowed to stay up. I think it's part of the magic.

If you don't want kids around than take a vacation where it's adults only.

I don't understand the no kids in DisneyWorld. It's DisneyWorld!!!!

My kids go to bed every night around 8 even on the weekends, but on vacations, they are allowed to stay up. I think it's part of the magic.

If you don't want kids around than take a vacation where it's adults only.
No one is saying they don't want kids to be in WDW just one or two places (not expensive) where children are not allowed children don't need to be everywhere just because its disney.

. Not to mention when we did see the crying ones, it reminded us of why we don't have any of our own.:rolleyes1

Too bad, you'll never know the love and joy your missing. You might think you know love, but nothing compares to that of your child.

I think if a child can't walk on their own, they should not be allowed into Disney. That would elimanate all the strollers! :thumbsup2

Wow, this comment and this thread prove some people don't get it, and never will.

As for the stroller complaints? As someone who as gone to disney with and without strollers, vast majority of the time some "gets run over" its the fault of the victim not the stoller.
You can't stop suddenly and assume the person behind you knows your going to stop.
You can't run across from the left side of the street to the right, cutting off someone else and running into them, with or without stroller and say it's their fault.
Have courtesy to others and common crowd sense and it won't happen.

No one is saying they don't want kids to be in WDW just one or two places (not expensive) where children are not allowed children don't need to be everywhere just because its disney.

I agree... On the Disney Cruises they have Adults only pools and events. They even have an adults only beach. I don't know why they can't provide that same luxury at least somewhere in the World or Land!

Too bad, you'll never know the love and joy your missing. You might think you know love, but nothing compares to that of your child.

Wow, this comment and this thread prove some people don't get it, and never will.

As for the stroller complaints? As someone who as gone to disney with and without strollers, vast majority of the time some "gets run over" its the fault of the victim not the stoller.
You can't stop suddenly and assume the person behind you knows your going to stop.
You can't run across from the left side of the street to the right, cutting off someone else and running into them, with or without stroller and say it's their fault.

I am sitting on a bench in magic kingdom when my foot gets run over by a stroller, that is not my fault. I am standing in an isle of one of the stores looking to buy a gift if you need to get by try saying excuse me not ram your stroller to get by.

I am sitting on a bench in magic kingdom when my foot gets run over by a stroller, that is not my fault. I am standing in an isle of one of the stores looking to buy a gift if you need to get by try saying excuse me not ram your stroller to get by.

That doesn't change what she said. It is still very true.

Originally Posted by kmk1180

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter