how about a humor thread?????

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
illness is certainly not laughing matter but sometimes it helps me cope by seeing the humor in something that happens..so i was thinking maybe a thread where you can post a joke, family friendly of course, a funny experience you had, something cute the kids do...any thing to make it a little respite from the battle so to speak?

one i look back on and chuckle about is sometimes i don't know where parts of my body are( ie my foot i think is farther left than it really is). this happened to me at the public library once and it kept getting stuck on stuff and naturally I'd keep walking not knowing it was stuck on the map holder till the map holder would make a giant scrapping sound as my foot dragged it along with me, then stuck on a chair... again loud noise as i lurch on etc etc etc. the librarian evidently thought i was drunk rather than that i have a disappearing foot :confused3:rotfl: and followed me around( i was trying to find hubby so i could leave) tsk tsking me... which made me wonder how many drunk people go to the library? guess i didn't realize the public library is such a popular place to party???????:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I will start , Have posted on the thyroid as i had overactive thyroid, and recieved radio iodine treatment last year.
Just been to the vet with, our cat who has not been to well, and get blood test results tonight -yes she has an overactive thyroid, and has not to take tablets to reduce the levels, everyone thinks its quite funny here in my house

I will start , Have posted on the thyroid as i had overactive thyroid, and recieved radio iodine treatment last year.
Just been to the vet with, our who has not been to well, and get blood test results tonight -yes she has an overactive thyroid, and has not to take tablets to reduce the levels, everyone thinks its quite funny here in my house

i think you forgot to mention name or type of the "mystery guest" ?...but i'm figuring the "vet" is a clue it's a "pet".. i have heard it's hard to get into the drs. sometimes in the uk but figure you haven't resorted to vets for people ? ;) at least you now have a kindred spirit at home
:)

Here is a cute story about my DH....what a guy..

OK.. he is in recovery, after this huge operation, the Whipple Procedure, and the nurse is talking to him in recovery... He has just come out of anethesia and she is saying to him, calling him by name.. "Can you cough, Mr. " he says to her.. "Yes, I can cough." but of course he does not cough. She asks him again and he answers her again.. of course he is playing with her and she is not getting it. She asks again and he says I can cough, and she finally realizes when he says "do you want me to cough, I thought you just wanted to know if I knew how." She thought he was terrific...

here is the heartwarming part.......when I finally came up to see him in recovery, she told me that he had been talking about me telling her that I was his soulmate, his best friend, his wife, the mother of his children, as she is telling me, her eyes fill up, my eyes fill up....what a guy.. but he is a jokester..

One more.. he did this to one of the nurses in the hospital....he is so bad. He asked her if he would be able to play piano after the surgery.. she said of course... he said good, I have never played before..

They would just walk out of his room chuckling and shaking their heads..

That is "my Tommy" for ya.......you are so lucky to have such a great guy marsha.......he is a good one too......
When hubby was in the hospital for his hunting accident (who without the kindness of Marsha and others, I would of not made it ....i swear) He could not talk for 7 days because he had a breathing tube in his neck........so someone comes in and he was still heavily medicated and they talk to him and he looks at me and then them and puts his middle finger up at them.........I almost died on the spot.....he would never do that in real life and the nurse said it was because he was so under.........of course we laugh about it now but not then.......
After he was able to know what was going on he would write on steno pads and on big pads of paper and when he was upset he would write big big words on one page......I wish we had kept some of them....

Just been to the vet with, our cat who has not been to well, and get blood test results tonight -yes she has an overactive thyroid, and has not to take tablets to reduce the levels, everyone thinks its quite funny here in my house

I think our cats(babies) resemble their owners!! That is so funny! I'll make a guess and say your cat is closest to you in the family.:) They are so worthy of our love. My family thinks it's funny when I wrap my cat in a blanket and rock her.:confused3 She likes it!!:)

LOST IN THE DARNDEST PLACES:
An elderly Floridian called 911 on her cell phone to report that her
car
has
been broken into. She is hysterical as she explains her situation to
the
dispatcher: "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake
pedal
and
even the accelerator!" she cried. The dispatcher said, "Stay calm. An
officer
is on the way." A few minutes later, the officer radios in.
"Disregard."
He
says. "She got in the back-seat by mistake."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter