How’s it going at Boardwalk with the pools?

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
It might be too early to tell because the parks and the real crowds haven’t arrived yet, but I am wondering how it’s going with Boardwalk sharing their pool with Beach Club?

We are staying at Caribbean Beach the end of July, but we might be switching to BWV for a couple nights because my kids want to try the clown pool.
We have never stayed at either resort, but I am wondering if it’s even worth staying 2 nights at BWV and the other 3 nights at Caribbean if we have a hard time being able to use the pool.

Any thoughts from those that have stayed at both resorts is welcome!
Thanks!

On Monday, I had breakfast at the Trattoria, so of course walked around. At about 11:15, looked like 2 couples at the BCV pool, nobody at the Beach Club quiet pool, but the BWV feature pool was pretty active. People were maintaining distance just fine... and I did go grab a drink at the pool bar before going back to my resort. I didn’t even think to walk past the BWV DVC pool before leaving.

This is just speculation to me, but I’m thinking...with only the DVC sides of the two resorts open, there are probably fewer guests who have access to the pool than normal (I feel like BCV + BWV is less than BWV + BWI). Plus I’m sure occupancy rates are not what they used to be. Just hoping the pools aren’t too crowded—only place you can not wear a mask besides restaurants! We’re set to stay at BWV in a few weeks.

BCV does still have the Dunes Cove pool open for swimming. But it isn't a themed pool, so no slide.

Is the BWI quiet pool open since that side of resort is closed? Or is it just the villa quiet pool and Luna Park?

On Monday, I had breakfast at the Trattoria, so of course walked around. At about 11:15, looked like 2 couples at the BCV pool, nobody at the Beach Club quiet pool, but the BWV feature pool was pretty active. People were maintaining distance just fine... and I did go grab a drink at the pool bar before going back to my resort. I didn’t even think to walk past the BWV DVC pool before leaving.
Is the waterslide open?

I stayed at BWV last weekend. There were ample chairs available at the pool. Super low crowds. With such low park crowds, most are there during the day. The slide is open but I didn’t see any activities. Pool opens late at 11am and closes at 9. But that could change.

Our 2 cents- we are staying AKL(first time and LOVE it)

the beach club boardwalk area was a bit depressing. The huge yacht club closed wall doesn’t help the eerie quiet stormalong bay pool. And the Boardwalk was dead. You do t realize how much every spot helps make the magic here.
And PS we are not fans of the scary clown pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter