Houston IAH

thebigtrip

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if a 40 minute layover is doable in Houston IAH airport with a terminal change and 3 kids?

I assume you are flying United. Yes/no? I would say 40 minutes is way too tight on an airline like United. Their flights are often late. We had an 1 hour and 20 minute connection there and after our plane sat at the gate in Orlando for 30 to 40 minutes after they closed the door we got in late to Houston and had to run from one side of the terminal to the other. It helped that we were in first class but I would have panicked if we were in the back of the plane and had to wait 20 minutes to get off after they opened the door.

If you are on UA the flights to Orlando will leave Terminal C or E. Where will you arrive from?

Doable, yes but I would not recommend. I'd try to see if there was at least an hour and half connection time if you haven't booked already.

this is my home airport. I wouldn't do it. It usually takes a long time to taxi & get the jet bridge ready, bag handling is apparently done by turtles, and it's not a small footprint.
An hour maybe, but 40' is really tight.

Our usual connection at IAH is 1h 12m and believe me, we've had to run at times, and yes, we've missed some connections, too. Remember if your inbound flight is just 10 mins late, you still have to get off, check for gate changes (get your airline's app on your phone) and get to the gate. That can be a challenge even knowing the airport very well. And again you may be lucky and come in very close to your next gate or like we had happen once, actually get back on the same plane for your next flight. I'm like many frequent flyers that I know and really don't want the hassle of tight connections and usually book flights with layovers of about 2 hours or so. I appreciate this more as I get a bit older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter