Houston Airport to Galveston transportation?

We were considering this, but the Trip Advisor reviews are pretty bad... :worried:

:sad2: I checked into it too, thinking we might save the $200. car rental and the price of the hotel. But ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww..the ratings were atrocious on Tripadvisor.com. Really bad. Think we'll keep what we have, and be safe rather than sorry.

We are also trying to figure out transportation to Galveston from Hobby. It is the only reason I haven't booked this cruise yet.

We are a family of 5 and need 2 car seats. A rental wont work because we need a minivan or larger but I can't find anything out of Hobby for under $850. Disney doesn't offer transportation from Hobby, and flying from where we are, there are no flights that arrive or depart in a time frame that would allow us to use it anyway from either airport. Which leaves us with shuttles, but I really don't want to lug around two car seats all the way there, on the ship and home again.

Galveston = :scared:

We are also trying to figure out transportation to Galveston from Hobby. It is the only reason I haven't booked this cruise yet.

We are a family of 5 and need 2 car seats. A rental wont work because we need a minivan or larger but I can't find anything out of Hobby for under $850. Disney doesn't offer transportation from Hobby, and flying from where we are, there are no flights that arrive or depart in a time frame that would allow us to use it anyway from either airport. Which leaves us with shuttles, but I really don't want to lug around two car seats all the way there, on the ship and home again.

You might call ahead and check Cool Tours prices in Galveston! I called after seeing his recommendation on here, and unfortunately he was booked for our upcoming cruise. But I was VERY impressed with his kindness and customer service. He even apologized he was booked! And keep checking the transportation board in the planning section. That's how I found my car rental, in the Sept Car Rental thread. Who knows? You might find a great code for a rental!
:)

I'm seeing full-size cars for about $225 and SUVs for $450 for a week....

We found some great rates for rentals until you added all the fees it almost doubled the cost. We're going to try Affordable Houston Limo service. They have been really helpful and friendly when we've changed hotels. They're charging us $129 each way for 7 people. When we come back I will update here our experience.

Thanks so much for the recommendation for Cool Tours!!! Private transportation for the 2 of us from Houston Hobby to Townplace Suites (the afternoon before our cruise) & from the cruise terminal back to Hobby - $200! Steve (the Owner/Operator) is quick to answer emails & phone calls... very nice to deal with!

Thank you for all the good info! We're cruising out of Galveston in early November and still haven't found transportation. This has been causing me major stress! I will definitely look into Cool Tours.

We used affordable Houston limo for our cruise this week. 129 each way plus tax and tip for 7 people. They were friendly, prompt and if we ever sail from Galveston again we will use them.

FWIW- I have transfers booked through DCL and I'll post how those go for me. I haven't seen anyone else say they are using them, so we may have the whole thing to ourselves!

We just got back last night. We used Cool Tours Galveston for our transfers. Because our flight times were a little "off", this worked well for us though it sounds like the limo service listed above would have been less money. We got in early on Friday and were met promptly at the airport and taken to our hotel. Our hotel included free transfer to the pier on Sat. morning. Then when we got back from the cruise, Cool Tours picked us up at the pier and took us on their Galveston tour (around 9 am, we stayed on the boat as long as we could). They then dropped us off around lunch time in downtown Galveston--we had lunch and walked around a bit. When we were ready to go to the airport we just gave them a call and they picked us up downtown Galveston. They stored our luggage for us all day. We paid for the tour of Galveston separately, but that allowed us to have them store our luggage, so it was really the only way we could figure out how to do this. If we had been going straight from the cruise to the airport then I probably could have found a less expensive option. But Cool Tours was very reliable and very friendly and I would work with them again.

Thank for posting your review, KimDHR. :thumbsup2 We're using Cool Tours Galveston for our cruise next month! Quick question... did you get a confirmation email after booking/making your deposit? Just realized that they haven't send me anything, but maybe they don't do that?!?!

Thank for posting your review, KimDHR. :thumbsup2 We're using Cool Tours Galveston for our cruise next month! Quick question... did you get a confirmation email after booking/making your deposit? Just realized that they haven't send me anything, but maybe they don't do that?!?!

We did not have a confirmation or anything. Since I had only booked a few weeks ahead of time, I wasn't too worried about it, but you could always call. Plus I had his number in my cell and he texted me around the time our plane landed to say where to meet the van.

We did not have a confirmation or anything. Since I had only booked a few weeks ahead of time, I wasn't too worried about it, but you could always call. Plus I had his number in my cell and he texted me around the time our plane landed to say where to meet the van.

Okay, good! This makes me feel better... it' not that Steve forgot to add me to the schedule! :laughing: Thanks again! I hope you had a fabulous cruise!!!

We just used Galveston Limo and could not have been happier. As we fly in and out of Hobby, we were limited on transportation to Galveston. They do have set times, which was fine for us. Total for each person was $120 round trip (adult). They took us straight to our hotel in Galveston and we were able to catch an earlier one back to the airport, as it was pouring rain out at the port. Drivers were professional and pleasant. We made reservations ahead of time and paid when we boarded the van at Hobby.

If you request a email confirmation he will send you one. I requested one and it was no problem.

Just off the Wonder (Nov 2-9th). We flew into Hobby airport which is much nicer than I imagined. We had booked a 12 passenger van with Affordable Houston Limo (they go by other names and websites but the phone number is the same). THEY WERE AWFUL!!! They were so horrible that as soon as we got off at the Terminal, I immediately called a different company to pick us up. They were an hour late picking us up at the hotel the morning of the cruise. Then they show up in the "Party Bus" which my hubby dubbed the "Shaggin Wagon". Who knows what went on in that vehicle before we rode in it. We have 4 small kids and needed seat belts for them as well as Grandma and Grandpa that needed normal seats to sit in. This party bus had fake leather couches with the windows covered in plywood (which limited our first view of the ship). There were no seat belts, the air conditioning didn't work, the driver never got out to help with luggage, they tried to charge us more than what I was told the price would be, they wouldn't even leave the hotel until I had paid with cash, the liquor bottles were clanking around, we had to hold the luggage in place with our feet, there was a dance pole in the back and who knows what was in the crack of the fake leather couches. Did I mention the drive had to hold the control to the door the whole way down so the door wouldn't flop open all the while chatting on her cell phone complaining about the traffic and how she probably wouldn't get a tip. NOPE, no tip for this ride.

We used Galveston Limo for the return trip. The driver was right on time and drove up in a brand new 2013 Nissan 12 passenger van. The driver was courteous and professional. He loaded and unloaded the luggage. What a day and night difference. It was more money but after the horrible trip to the port, it was nice to finish our vacation on a good not.

Oh my gosh, the shaggin wagon! Too funny but I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Glad you found something better. I was just thinking about all this today and if we do another cruise out of Galveston, I will definitely work hard to find an affordable rental car. The transport issues are just a downer and quite expensive, plus it would be nice to have more freedom on either end of the cruise. However, with Disney leaving Galveston I'm not real sure we would wind up there again unless it was a GREAT deal on another cruise line.

We were on the Nov. 9-16 cruise out of Galveston. We used Cool Tours for our airport shuttle. I can't say enough positive things about this company!! Steve, the owner, met us at the airport and drove us to our hotel in Galveston. He was our driver on the return trip to Hobby, too. The shuttle van was newer and very clean! Steve also had complimentary bottles of water for us. He was very informative and shared lots of Galveston history on our drive. The total fee was $200/round trip plus tip. I highly recommend this company!

Hi - We're on the Dec 14th sailing and I just booked a midsize car through Thrifty (on Thrifty.com) for $75 for the week. With taxes the estimate is $151. Add in $65 port parking and it's much less than DCL transfers.

We are flying into IAH Friday night and staying at the airport Marriott - then picking the car up Saturday morning to drive to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter