• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housing

DZMike

Desert Storm, OIF, and WDW Veteran
1. If your roommate gets terminated, do they fill the bed with another CP or leave it open?

2. What are the current rental rates for Vista Way, Chatham and Peterson?

3. When you arreive and check in, do they ask which complex you want to live in or just how much you are willing to pay?

1. If your roommate gets terminated, do they fill the bed with another CP or leave it open?

2. What are the current rental rates for Vista Way, Chatham and Peterson?

3. When you arreive and check in, do they ask which complex you want to live in or just how much you are willing to pay?

1. It depends. If there are more arrival dates, the bed can get filled, and if they need to empty another apartment (because it dropped below 50% occupancy) then they might move one of the people into your room. Sometimes beds stay empty, but they want as few apartments as possible.

2. Chatham is 84 (3,4) and 94 (1,2), Patterson is 85 (3,4) and 95 (1,2), and I'm not sure about Vista. I keep recalling the number 79 though.

3. You can request a complex, or a number of bedrooms, and they do their best to accommodate you. Depending on when in the day you arrive though, sometimes you don't get a choice, it's just what is left.

I had three roommates move out during my program and all three beds were filled within a week. Internationals arrive almost every week so they can be thrown in, or you may get a roommate from another apartment who wasn't getting along with their old roommates.

I requested a Patterson 1 BR at check in and that's what I got, but I was told it was the last one available for my check in date. My rent is $95

Rent for a 3 BR at Vista Way is $79.

Rent for a 3 BR at Vista Way is $79.

When I accepted, the rent was advertised to start at $82/wk and go up from there. If $79 is the low end now, I am estimating that it will be $82 for a 3BR in Vista Way in January.

If $95 for a 1BR in Patterson right now, that would probably be the high end, right?. I think the website says $82 - $102/week for Spring 2011.

you're right 82-102 is what they said on the sight, but they do appear to be slightly different, but either way, i'm gonna go for a 1br or 2br, just because it seems it would be easier to live with less people.

The Commons is the most expensive, at over 100 dollars as week right now. (They have washers and dryers in the apartments, so I think it's because of the added electricity fee)

im leaning toward (wanting) Vista due to the location since i will not be bringing my vehicle. seems to be within walking distance to more amenities.

i am very familiar with the area, as ive lived in Orlando before and we vacation to Disney nearly every year and stay near DTD.

would anyone suggest having more or less roommates? or living in a different location?

moderately crazy "kids" and noise wont bother me (disrespectful people do however)

im leaning toward (wanting) Vista due to the location since i will not be bringing my vehicle. seems to be within walking distance to more amenities.

i am very familiar with the area, as ive lived in Orlando before and we vacation to Disney nearly every year and stay near DTD.

would anyone suggest having more or less roommates? or living in a different location?

moderately crazy "kids" and noise wont bother me (disrespectful people do however)

You're correct, Vista is within walking distance to more places, but Patterson and Chatham are also within walking distance to Publix (although it's a tad bit pricier then Wal*Mart) and the outlets (if those interest you at all).
You also have the complex buses at your disposal to get places :).

I personally recommend having more roommates because of the rent being lower and because I enjoyed it more. Both programs I've done I've done a 3 bedroom apartment in Chatham. I liked having more roommates because there was usually someone to go to the parks with, make food runs with, etc. My second program I was friends with all my roommates so if some of us had days off we'd go meet with our other friends and go park hopping, to the beach, etc.
If you're more of a keep to yourself person, then I'd go for a smaller apartment.

No matter where you go, you could possibly find disrespectful people, but it's ultimately up to you which complex you choose. I hope that information was useful to you :)!

Also, FYI The Commons is for International CPs only, it's extremely rare they ask you to be placed in The Commons (usually if it's a very crowded program, but since Patterson was built I think that has helped alleviate the situation a bit).

awesome, thanks.

i feel like i could ask questions for hours. mostly because im getting excited i suppose. there is so much i want to know.

i really want to have my thoughts organized in advance and want to have an awesome experience. and from what i gather, Vista is more social and that seems to be right up my alley.

The Commons is the most expensive, at over 100 dollars as week right now. (They have washers and dryers in the apartments, so I think it's because of the added electricity fee)

It's more because of the residents than the resource usage. All of The Commons residents are Cultural Representatives and are classified as Full Time Cast Members, with the resulting higher pay rate. Many of them are also in Tipped Positions, which results in a higher take-home pay.

As such, the Company doesn't subsidize their housing as much as is done for Disney College Program, Disney Career Start Program and Disney International College Program Participants residing in the other three complexes.

So, I was wondering...what happens to all your stuff after the CP ends? When you live someplace for several months, you tend to accumulate stuff. I've seen pictures and videos of CP'ers in Vista Way, Chatham and Patterson with bean bag chairs, folding tables, floor fans, televisions, kitchen appliances, etc.

I know that after a year in Kuwait, I managed to pile up some stuff that I had to get rid of it before we left (well, before the building inspection). We would have "yard sales" so the new soldiers coming in could pick up a cheap fan, table, folding chairs, etc. Obviously, we couldn't pack up a car and drive home.

For the CP that flies home, and I'm sure there are many, what happens to the extra stuff?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter