Housekeeping only every other day now?

We had some problems in a tahiti MK view room in May. Had to call down because the crumbs left over from our kids breakfast were still on the floor in our "clean room". lots of visable handprints left on the windows and our toilet rocked when we arived. several days our beds were "sorta made" looked like the covers were just pulled over the pillows. I have three younger kids and while we are not slobs (always put towels in tubs etc to help mousekeeping) we are messy enouugh to notice when a room hasn't been cleaned. Told my DH if I had paid full price I would have been ticked. I was so happy to be there at 40% off I made note of it and brought it to the attention of the desk but would not let it bother me. Still looking back mousekeeping was fair at best.

When my husband alerted them to the problems he also let them know we would be out for the rest of the afternoon and evening so they could send houskeeping and maintenanceto our room. Nothing was done until the next day.:sad2:

I don't know if the right grammar but twice a day Mousekeeping came in our room put new paper on the holder folded the first leaf in a "star" and stamped the logo from the Grand Floridian in.
It was a really nice touch of luxury.

Disney tried very hard to win the 5th star for the GF. They failed. They failed because it never deserved the 5th star.

Disney wants you to think their Deluxe Resorts have been awarded 4 stars....they are rated as comparable to a 3 star hotel outside WDW.

Disney will learn about the true definition of luxury and guest services with the new hotels - 4 seasons and waldorf.

They will show Disney what luxury and customer service are all about.....they will give the service Disney offered as standard years ago but forgotten now.

I have no complains about mousekeeping - we tip them well and they take care of us.....but even with that.....not as they did years ago.

Disney tried very hard to win the 5th star for the GF. They failed. They failed because it never deserved the 5th star.

Disney wants you to think their Deluxe Resorts have been awarded 4 stars....they are rated as comparable to a 3 star hotel outside WDW.

Disney will learn about the true definition of luxury and guest services with the new hotels - 4 seasons and waldorf.

They will show Disney what luxury and customer service are all about.....they will give the service Disney offered as standard years ago but forgotten now.

I have no complains about mousekeeping - we tip them well and they take care of us.....but even with that.....not as they did years ago.

To be quit honest if the Sour Seasons or the Waldorf would offer me a free stay at a suite I would very politely say sorry but no thank you.

Nothing can beat the feeling of walking into the Grand for us.
If people are happy in the FS good for them . I hope many many people will go there so it will become easier for us to book a room on concierge level or a suite.
To each his own.

I think Disney quality is going down based on this thread alone. Why would I say that? A year or 2 ago, any complaint about Disney was immediately and mercilessly shouted down by a whole lot of posters. Now I'm seeing more and more complaints from those I would call the realists being shouted down by fewer and fewer of what I would call the Kool Aid drinkers. What's a Kool Aid drinker? Someone who was advising to buy GM last summer. Or maybe a participant in a conversation like this:

Realist: The sky is really falling.
Kool Aid Drinker: Yeah, but it's such a beautiful Disney shade of blue

What's a Kool Aid drinker? Someone who was advising to buy GM last summer.

Well than there must be many many wise Americans.
We just spend a month touring Florida and were absolutely stunned that 85% of the car were Eastern ore European brands.

The American brands were piled up at the car sales avenues.

We were at POFQ May 16-23 and the MK service was okay but just okay. But while there, we had problems with our room location and were moved..another story too long for here.... While waiting on a supervisor to let us in our room (over an hour wait) we saw a MK cart parked two rooms down. It was parked there when we came to our room and parked there over an hour and a half later when our problem was resolved and we never saw the MK come back to the cart. When the supervisor showed up to assist us, he asked why we didn't ask the MK with that cart to help us. We told him "If you can find her, you can ask her:lmao:! So, don't assume that because there is a cart, there is a MK to go with it:lmao:
Would never stay at POFQ again even if it was a freebie

We had some problems in a tahiti MK view room in May. Had to call down because the crumbs left over from our kids breakfast were still on the floor in our "clean room". lots of visable handprints left on the windows and our toilet rocked when we arived. several days our beds were "sorta made" looked like the covers were just pulled over the pillows. I have three younger kids and while we are not slobs (always put towels in tubs etc to help mousekeeping) we are messy enouugh to notice when a room hasn't been cleaned. Told my DH if I had paid full price I would have been ticked. I was so happy to be there at 40% off I made note of it and brought it to the attention of the desk but would not let it bother me. Still looking back mousekeeping was fair at best.

I have booked Poly in December and paid full price but even if I got it at a discount, I would scream bloody murder if I got the same service I got at the POFQ. I am not paying close to $500 a night for crappy sevrvice that is worse that Holiday Inn (sorry, no offense Holiday Inn, I have never had bad service there, just a reference!):thumbsup2

Well than there must be many many wise American.
We just spend a month touring Florida and were absolutely stunned that 85% of the car were Eastern ore European brands.

The American brands were piled up at the car sales avenues.

That's sarcasm. I meant that's someone who has bought in the TV ads and the hype so much that they can't see the reality of the situation

I just got back from a trip to POp from 06/22 to 06/28. We had a maid come everyday.

So accordint to your logic it's perfectly ok to go to a 100/plate dinner and get served a big Mac. after all what's the difference, you're still getting food.

This is exactly right! You should get what you pay for. But even at McDonald's I expect the burger to be cooked, the fries not to be soggy or stale, and the Coke to be the right combo of syrup to water.

If I stay at any hotel, I expect housekeeping service every single day, even at Motel 6. If I'm staying at POFQ I expect at least mousekeeping every single day, AND it shouldn't be a lousy cleaning job. The premium I pay doesn't get me housekeeping, it gets me EMH, transportation, a pool, and Disney theming. Then, if I choose to stay at a the GF I want all of the above, plus a better location, a better pool, better service all around, a TS restaurant somewhere at the resort, maybe even a better bed and towel animals. Why would I expect less than the best they can do when they say its the bets they can do?

I like to think Disney will raise their game so as not to allow the Four Seasons or Waldorf to better them on their own property. Walt would expect them to, I'm guessing.

I like to think Disney will raise their game so as not to allow the Four Seasons or Waldorf to better them on their own property. Walt would expect them to, I'm guessing.

Don't hold your breath. :faint: With Disney guest service going downhill for the last several years, it would be quite a surprise to see a vast improvement, never mind back to the 'way it was' so to speak.

But, then Disney does tell that Dreams Do Come True...and that, I do believe!
icon_tinkRight.gif

We stayed at POFQ 6/5-6/13 and had no issues with housekeeping. Everything was very neat. The housekeeping was probably on the avg. was at our room close to 2PM. We were coming back from the parks, heading to the food court or pool. She would give us a few minutes to leave again and when we got back the room was finished each and every day. We stayed in bldg 7. My sister and her family stayed at POFQ in June 2008 and had wonderful housekeeping too. It was my sister's visit time at WDW and she thought everything was so clean and beautiful.

We were at CBR May 1- 10, 2009, and we usually left the room before 8:30 a.m. We only ran into Mousekeeping when we came back around 10:20 a.m. We immediatley vacated the room for her, (not like we didn't have someplace to go), and I did have to hand her her mousekeeping tip envelope and ask her to please take it when she saw it on the table the next days. This was our second or third day. Our room was very clean every single day, and we didn't get towel animals; but I assume that if you don't have stuffed animals in the room Mousekeeping correctly assumes they would be too old for that treat.
I think they do the best they can.
donna

at ASMU last week, our lady cleaned each and every day..around 9 am if im not mistaken, because we werent up yet, and had to use the privacy card about every night before going to bed..:rotfl2:
we got towel animals most every day.:thumbsup2

We were at POFQ last week and had very good mousekeeping everyday. We were in building 1 and Ezequiel gave us towel animals everyday and fancy towel arrangements at the tub. We even got little notes a couple of times wishing us a nice time. Even when we came back around 2:30 our room was done. The info in our packet said that sheets are changed either every 3 or 4 days. He even neatly arranged our books on the nightstand and our toiletries in the tub.

I dont know if my family is in the minority here or what but....( and i also have my flame suit on)

Ive seen more and more complaints on this board lately and we travel to WDW usually once or twice a year and have rarely if ever encountered the problems mentioned on this board. Maybe we're lucky but:

We have never requested a new room b/c it wasnt up to our standards
We have never had missed days or bad housekeeping
we've had the occasional bad CM but that has been few adn far between
Transportation has always been wonderful
The front desk has always been helpful
All in all, our trips to disney have always been about as perfect as it could get

As i said, maybe we're lucky...maybe we just dont have the same standards as other people....I will admit, we are very laid back go with the flow people so that may have something to do with it

We go to disneyworld and disneyland to escape form our reality. To escape from the reality of my health issues adn constant hospital stays adn dr appts. We spend half our life arguing with people over medical bills and testing etc. that i guess we feel that if one day of housekeeping is missed its not the end of the world. If we encounter a bad CM, we just ignore them adn move on. We would not be going to the front desk demanding compensation. But thast just us.

One question though.....if you think the service is so bad and have so much to complain about...why do you keep going back? As long as people are willing to pay for it, its not going to change. If you think its that bad, than stop going.

Also: I do agree that the price for the deluxe resort are crazy. But we've always thought that. The only deluxe we have stayed at was the WL and we were paying like $160/night. We are very content getting our AAA rate at the values and paying $70/night...we're easily satisfied i guess:confused3

I dont know if my family is in the minority here or what but....( and i also have my flame suit on)

Ive seen more and more complaints on this board lately and we travel to WDW usually once or twice a year and have rarely if ever encountered the problems mentioned on this board. Maybe we're lucky but:

We have never requested a new room b/c it wasnt up to our standards
We have never had missed days or bad housekeeping
we've had the occasional bad CM but that has been few adn far between
Transportation has always been wonderful
The front desk has always been helpful
All in all, our trips to disney have always been about as perfect as it could get

As i said, maybe we're lucky...maybe we just dont have the same standards as other people....I will admit, we are very laid back go with the flow people so that may have something to do with it

We go to disneyworld and disneyland to escape form our reality. To escape from the reality of my health issues adn constant hospital stays adn dr appts. We spend half our life arguing with people over medical bills and testing etc. that i guess we feel that if one day of housekeeping is missed its not the end of the world. If we encounter a bad CM, we just ignore them adn move on. We would not be going to the front desk demanding compensation. But thast just us.

One question though.....if you think the service is so bad and have so much to complain about...why do you keep going back? As long as people are willing to pay for it, its not going to change. If you think its that bad, than stop going.

Also: I do agree that the price for the deluxe resort are crazy. But we've always thought that. The only deluxe we have stayed at was the WL and we were paying like $160/night. We are very content getting our AAA rate at the values and paying $70/night...we're easily satisfied i guess:confused3

Kudo's for you're wise words :worship: and :hug: for the problems with you're health.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter