Housekeeping, Cooking, Organization Tips

eeyore kelly

<font color=purple>I hate thinking I can sleep unt
We all could use some tips to make our lives easier. Here is mine:

I swear by a Roomba, a shark mop, and the automatic shower cleaner

Bathroom, Windex and Clorox wipes are fantastic

Kaboom is a foaming toilet cleaner that expands in the toilet bowl

Chop your seasonings that use in almost every meal together in a food processor. Scoop out with a ¼ measuring cup make “balls” freeze on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, transfer balls to a lidded container or Ziploc bag, and keep in freezer.

Decide on menu for the week, make a grocery list, put grocery list in store order.

Keep staples, pasta, rice, broth, veggies. Quick meals.

Fat free sour cream and Italian dressing mix packet make a great quick dip for crackers.

I pick out my entire wardrobe from skin out from morning to sleep for each day during the school week, including purses, jewelry, shoes etc. Hang /fold them in order of wear, with a little velvet pouch for jewelry over the hanger hook.

A giant pouch holds all of purse necessities, a change of purse just requires slipping pouch, notepad and 2 pens over.

Ipod touches and Iphones have a notepad, I use it for everything.

A calendar is a must. Kiddos have to ask permission to add to the calendar, but if it isn’t on the calendar, it probably won’t get done.

I decide on my breakfast and lunch for the week on the weekend, premake as much as possible, put it in lunch containers.

Track suits fit over PJ’s and go to the bus stop or bring to school easily without looking like you are in your PJ’s.

3 spoon rests for stove: today, tomorrow, and the “where is it?” one.

A word document for bill info including account numbers, passwords, etc. I keep this on my personal flash drive, not saved in computer.

A word document of favorite, meals/recipes. Makes getting the grocery list together easier.

Those are some of mine; what are yours?

Wow, I'm not nearly that organized. But I do have a couple of tips.

Instead of a junk drawer for pens, pencils, note paper, etc, I hang an over-the-door shoe organizer on my pantry door. The pocket are clear, and I can see everything I need to. When guests come over, I close the door and it disappears. I have one of these in the kids room, too, for little things like IPod and video game accessories.

The ends of the wax paper, plastic wrap, and aluminum foil boxes have a punch in tab that keeps the roll from falling out when you pull the product out.

Wow, I'm not nearly that organized. But I do have a couple of tips.

Instead of a junk drawer for pens, pencils, note paper, etc, I hang an over-the-door shoe organizer on my pantry door. The pocket are clear, and I can see everything I need to. When guests come over, I close the door and it disappears. I have one of these in the kids room, too, for little things like IPod and video game accessories.

The ends of the wax paper, plastic wrap, and aluminum foil boxes have a punch in tab that keeps the roll from falling out when you pull the product out.

I am so going to use that one.

We use 4 hour delay on the dishwasher so it does not compete with the hot water during peak shower time. All clothes get washed in cold water also.

I have 4 kids and the laundry is CRAZY! The only way I can keep from being swallowed by it is to be over the top OCD about it. Every night I put all the dirty clothes in the wash. In the morning I put them in the dryer while I'm waking kids up. Then before I leave for work I put them all away. If I do this it's just one load a day and I'm always caught up! It's much easier for me. The bad thing is I don't seperate so I have to use expensive detergent, like Tide. It's worth it, though! I've been doing this for over 10 years. My family is spoiled because whatever they wore that day is washed and put away the following day!

I also always wash in cold water, and I also combine clothing into one load if I have just a few of each type. I have never had any problems with colors bleeding onto others. I wish I could become OCD about housekeeping, I'm exactly the opposite.:headache:

Clean window blinds with a dryer sheet.

Cut up a lemon and run it through the garbage disposal to clean. Also boil a lemon in water in the microwave to clean.

Foaming soap dispensers from Pampered Chef. Save a lot of money on hand soap.

I stopped making my kids bed with the top sheet. They don't like it, they prefer to just use a blanket.

Explain the three spoon rests? Trying to wrap my head around that one.

Clean window blinds with a dryer sheet.

Cut up a lemon and run it through the garbage disposal to clean. Also boil a lemon in water in the microwave to clean.

Foaming soap dispensers from Pampered Chef. Save a lot of money on hand soap.

I stopped making my kids bed with the top sheet. They don't like it, they prefer to just use a blanket.

I use spoon rests on the stove everytime I cook, and the one in use gets put through the dishwasher at least once a day.

It is supposed to work a rest for today a rest for tomorrow and those two keep rotating out. But, my children are responsible for loading and unloading the dishwasher. It doesn't quite work the way I planned. Now, I have added a third one, and I always have a spoon rest.

Me too!

I use a paste of Castille soap and baking soda to clean the bathroom, and use castille soap and vinegar for the toilet. Also use vinegar on the kitchen counters and for the floors. I try to avoid using chemical cleaners. We have even started washing the dishes by hand because of the chemicals in the dishwasher detergent.

Now if I could just control the clutter, I would be a happy camper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter