• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

House of Blues, Gospel Brunch

Another "loved it" vote here. My DW loves Southern Gospel music, her dream is to sing like Nell Carter:goodvibes. The family group they had at the time was really entertaining. I don't know how they did it, but they even got me up on stage (picture Steve Martin dancing on the porch in The Jerk). It's been a few years, we'll have to try it again soon.

:laughing::thumbsup2

I'm serious about this: Somebody said it has a real church feel to it. Does it feel odd to sit there and EAT?

Momma was really strict on this point. I can't believe my sisters bring dry cereal into the sanctuary to keep their kids quiet.

We're thinking about HOB in July. How is HOB on days other than Sunday. We will probably be in the parks on Sunday, July 4th.

I guess that depends, does your church have organ, guitar and loud singing? Mine didnt so it did not feel out of place at all. think of it as a celebration. I took my family years ago in New Orleans and we loved it.

I just went out to youtube and there are a number of decent clips that provde examples of the atmosphere.

Took the family in August and it was a suprise for my Mom. She was missing church that day and when the brunch was over, she called Pastor and told him she had church today. Great show, great food. You do eat and listen to music at the same time but if you are really into the music like we were, it was hard to eat and sing and dance at the same time.

Will definitely do it again.

We did this for Father's Day in 2008 and DH and I loved it! The kids started to get restless and were not as crazy about the food, but we still had a great time!

We had pretty much finished our food by the time the show started, so it felt more like a good old fashioned potluck with some praise music afterward! :yay:

I recommend it if you like Southern Gospel!:thumbsup2

Another "loved it" vote here. My DW loves Southern Gospel music, her dream is to sing like Nell Carter:goodvibes. The family group they had at the time was really entertaining. I don't know how they did it, but they even got me up on stage (picture Steve Martin dancing on the porch in The Jerk). It's been a few years, we'll have to try it again soon.

:rotfl2:

I guess that depends, does your church have organ, guitar and loud singing? Mine didnt so it did not feel out of place at all. think of it as a celebration. I took my family years ago in New Orleans and we loved it.

I've experienced a little bit of all of that in church, but usually not the guitar. Unfortunately, my current church isn't known for LOUD singing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter