House Keeping Tip$

GFNJ

Earning My Ears
How much would you typically leave for house keeping tips? I believe in the past we would leave about $3.00 or $4.00 a night. We normally stay 6 to 7 nights.

Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf C. fan

We left $3.00 per day for housekeeping, and $2.00 per day for turndown, plus small thank you notes in each envelope. There were two of us.

I made little halloween bags with spider rings, candy, stickers and of course money but not a lot, about $3 per day for 3 of us. I also made the beds and put all the dirty towels in the bathtub.

My parents owned a motel for years and it just makes it easy for the housekeepers to have all dirty linens in the bathtub.

I was planning on tipping $1 per person per day. Plus my DD likes the idea of making up cute bags to put the money in.

It's just the two of us, but we normally tip $5 per day. That gets expensive, but it's part of being a gracious guest, to us.

Does anyone have a website I can go to print out some Mousehousekeeping thank you cards???

I put $5 in an envelope each day and placed it on the night table. There were 4 of us in the room.

Thank you for all the feedback. The envelope is a great idea. I remember one night the tip money was never taken.

We usually leave $10 a day with a simple note of thanks.

I leave $5/day for 3 Adults in a 1 Bedroom BCV. We are very neat and never leave dirty dishes etc.
I prepare Mousekeeping Envelopes and fill them ahead of time over months, so it never feels like a burden.
I tip Housekeeping where ever I travel, I believe it is the right thing to do.

Please tip your housekeepers. We just got back from POP, left a $4 tip every day, and you would have thought that I left our housekeeper the world! He was VERY gracious and bent over backwards for us. It didn't seem like he received tips very often. Our checkout day was on Mother's Day, and before we left, he had a towel bouquet of flowers and a towel purse all decorated with stickers made for me. We left him $20 on our checkout day. I will be writing POP also to tell them how great he was.

We leave $5 per night for the five of us. We also straighten the rooma and put all the towels in the tub. I always feel bad about the amount of trash we generate though. The two cans are always overflowing.

I tip $4-$5 a day for a value room.
It is just DH and myself and we are pretty neat.

When staying at hotel with turn down service we leave $5-$8 for housekeeping and another $3 or $4 for turn down service.
Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter