• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hours changing for February

Punkin's Mom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Thrown to the wolve
It seems like every time I check there are changes to the park hours. MK hours have been extended an hour on Feb 6,7,8. Does anyone know why? Is there something going on that would increase crowds?

BUMP!!! I would also be interested to know. Pirates and Princess Party???? Anyone. We leave on Feb. 4-12

Sharron
CTP March 2008
Poly Feb. 4-12

Don't know why they did, but it is not uncommon for them to do that. Make sure you check hours right before you go...on our October trip they changed the days for Magic Hours for Epcot and AK (swapped the evening ones) three days before we went! Of course we had all our ADRs 180 days out...very frustrating. In August when we were there they swapped some EMH and hours too but that was more understandable, because it was due to Faye.

Thanks for posting this, I had just done our hours spreadsheet yesterday.

BUMP!!! I would also be interested to know. Pirates and Princess Party???? Anyone. We leave on Feb. 4-12

Sharron
CTP March 2008
Poly Feb. 4-12

Sorry but that is doubtful. They added hours and they close at 7 pm on party nights...that week MK is closing at 8, 9 and 10. I wish they would add the parties back but from everything I have read here it sounds like we may be out of luck this year :(

I'm hoping this isn't because they're predicting higher crowds than when they originally set the hours. Although it is nice for the park to stay open after Wishes so we can ride some rides while waiting to the rush to the bus to pass.

They did this last year as well. Visited same first week of Feb LY and park hours for MK changed a couple of times, I think AK extended an hour from 5pm closing to 6pm closing this time LY as well.

We went to HS today and they changed the hours while we were there!!! We bought the Fantasmic package to make sure we had seating with limited showings, wasted 2 hours eating at 3:50 in the afternoon when no one was hungry, and then fight to get all our seats. My brother in law then says he heard the CMs telling people, "Don't worry if you can't get a seat there will be another show at 8:00." I told him he was crazy, but sure enough they added another show. We had FPs for TSM and RR to use and didn't because we were rushing to the packed 7:00 show. I asked a CM afterwards what time they were closing and he said 8:00 and that they decided this afternoon since it was so crowded to stay open until 8 and add the show! We think OK, we can go ride RNR since we have 20 minutes left. We hit the bathrooms first and by the time we get out they closed the line for the night (wait posted was 10 minutes). We were not happy and of course they all blame me because I am the designated tour guide :rotfl: We figure it balances out the fact that we waited no more than 5 minutes for every ride at MK this week!

Same here, i also want to know park hours as early as now. Some of my friends are going to a trip first week of February and really want to know it.

Thanks for posting this because I saw that HStudios hours have changed for a nite that I have ressies...Dinner is at 6:10 and park closes at 6pm...Is that still possible..

I posted on the dining board...does this happen alot?

I wish they would extend the March/April hours:thumbsup2, Mk closeing during the last week before March around 9pm during the week seems kind of early. Ok I would not mind If they close at 11,but 9 during spring break?.

unfortunately my guess is that they are now expecting bigger crowds than when the park hours were set. (we will be there at that time too!) This happened last year during Mardi Gras week while we were there and it was swamped!

It seems like every time I check there are changes to the park hours. MK hours have been extended an hour on Feb 6,7,8. Does anyone know why? Is there something going on that would increase crowds?

where did you find this info? on the new WDW website the hours appear to be unchanged--but who knows b/c the calendar part stinks!

OK just called dining as I was freaking out about my fireworks reservation and he says that the fireworks at MK our still at 8 PM that entire week.

Now it looks like they've made changes to their changes at HS. On Feb 12, they had the hours from 9am-7pm, then it changed to 9am-6pm a few days ago. Now it's back to 9am-7pm with evening Extra Magic Hours until 10pm. Maybe that means there will be a show or 2 of Fantasmic! that night......wishful thinking.:cheer2:

I guess it pays to continually check the WDW Website for park hours changes. How often do the park hours here on the DIS Website get changed? It seems they are quite a bit behind........great site otherwise, though.

Park hours on our site get checked several times a week. If you see a change you can email us and we can check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter