Hotwire Revealed?!?

misscj215

Dreaming of my happy place..
Hi everyone,

I didn't see this posted on anywhere on the boards and though I would share.

So, lately I've been doing some research to cut the cost of our upcoming trip.
I decided to try out priceline and hotwire to book the hotel.

I have checked out both Better Bidding and Bidding for Travel, and decided
that I would try Hotwire (mostly since I've read that there's an option to select the number of beds--correct me if I'm wrong)

Anywho, I find the hotwire hotel list on BB and start playing around with the site to guess what hotel it could be--no so much fun. :sad2:

I google some more and find this: http://www.hotwirerevealed.com

You pretty much enter the location, star rating, and the amenities and it gives you the specific hotel. I compared it with my guesses from the BB hotel list--and it was spot on! :thumbsup2

I know the hotels aren't guaranteed, and things can change at anytime, but it's definitely worth a try!

Happy Travels! :goodvibes

I prefer Hotwire to the "name your own price" on Priceline.At least on Hotwire the hotel that you book is the hotel you're going to get.A couple times on the Priceline name your price I tried to book a 2.5 star hotel in a certain area and according to betterbidding I would have been happy with any of the hotels it lists at 2.5 stars in that area,one time it worked and I got one of the hotels I expected and was totally happy,the next two times they supposedly "upgrade" you to a 3 star hotel which is far and away worse than any of the 2.5 star hotels.I think it's like a backup hotel to make you think you're getting an upgrade cause people love to hear that upgrade word,in reality it's a worse hotel,after that happened to me twice with the same hotel I decided to stick with Hotwire.

I have read lots of stuff on better bidding as well and have bid on hotwire and priceline in the past.

Just as osprey6 said. There are so many properties that all have similar things.
If you want a certain category it's great but if you are trying for a specific hotel it's all a roll of the dice. If your heart is set on wanting a specific hotel, the only way to guarantee it. Book it direct.

I love hotwire! I have booked some great hotels at phenomenal prices! I also use betterbidding and have gotten every hotel I have wanted - super website.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the link! I'll have to try it out!

The plus for Hotwire is that you can state there are 4 in your party and you also know ahead of time (before even "purchasing") if there will be a resort fee. The minus on Hotwire is that their fee's do seem to be higher than Priceline's, when you compare bid to purchase actual bottom line price. Not by much, but it is higher, at least all the times I have used it, it has been.

The thing I like about the hotwired revealed website rather than the
BB hotel list, is that I didnt have to sift through and try to compare a written list of options and amenities against Hotwire's lists.

The site is pretty much point and click and it narrows it down for you
automatically without you having to go through the process of elimination
with just the hotel lists itself.

Hotwire's fee's seemed a bit higher though. I guess its the trade off of
having a few more specific options/requests available.

Well, I recently returned from my 17 day trip to Florida including 9 days in Orlando and 6 days at WDW.

14 days since returning. My tan is gone. My memories are fading, and I lust for the day I will return. Oh, how I miss it already.

But seriously, if you want to talk Hotwire, let me tell you that HotelDealsRevealed.com is a godsend. I was prepared to spend $200 per night on a hotel and I discovered Hotwire and Priceline. Realized that Priceline wasn't for me, at least not when travelling with family. Thanks to the above mentioned site, I ended up getting a 2 bedroom suite at a very nice place (LBV Resort Village & Spa) for just $100/night. I couldn't have been happier. The Hotwire discussion forum was extremely helpful, and the hotel lists that they have really helped me reveal my hotel. I was very certain I'd get the LBV Resort Village BEFORE bidding, and low and behold, that's what I got.

One thing I've heard, and I agree: Hotwire tends to over-inflate their hotel ratings. I booked a 4 star hotel, which I'd actually say is about a 3.5 star. Maybe 4 stars but that's a bit generous. So do bid on a hotel expecting Bonnet Creek or anything. You won't get it. But if you want a decent reputable, cheap hotel, I recommend Hotwire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter