Hotwire hotel question

happily single

Left foot first!
I have a hotewire hotel booking question and the hotwire/priceline forum here seems pretty slow.

I have been offered a 3 star hotel in the Maingate West area of Orlando. It has a 3/5 rating from Tripadvisor and according to hotwire "the hotel may collect a resort fee of approx $7.91 per night).

Any idea on which hotel it may be?

I'm fairly certain it's Baymont Inn and suites.I've stayed there a few times before using Hotwire without any real issue,overall pretty decent all around but on my last stay there it was pretty much a nightmare,so much so I don't even want to go into too much detail of how dirty the room was,all I'll say is one of the issues with the room( notice I said one of the issues as there were more but this one is the truly epic one that will pretty much get you to never ever,ever stay there again,and that is..)...that we were given a room with sheets that had not been cleaned and the last person who slept in one bed must have had a cold as the pillow sheets showed it,YEAH!!! that's about as bad as it gets!!!There's only been two hotel stays in my life that I felt like the room was just downright disgusting and this was one of them.We got in late near midnight and were only staying that night and had to leave early so it was just suck it up,fall asleep fast in the bed that had the cleaner bed sheets and get out.It was obviously the last available room since we got in late and it was a busy night but another thing that annoyed me was that after calling the front desk to complain about the room we were told to come back down to get another room which then turned to that's the last room available not even a sorry for making us lug all our bags back downstairs.Simply put there's no excuse for the condition of the room,even though I had stayed before there and the rooms were in good condition I just can't put this stay out of my mind so this hotel is basically out,don't stay there!!!Thankfully this was a crazy trip where we went back and forth from Orlando to Tampa and back to Orlando,staying in 3 different hotels and the hotels gradually got better with the last stay at the new Cabana Bay resort at Universal with a very clean room that I appreciated even more.

I have a hotewire hotel booking question and the hotwire/priceline forum here seems pretty slow.

I have been offered a 3 star hotel in the Maingate West area of Orlando. It has a 3/5 rating from Tripadvisor and according to hotwire "the hotel may collect a resort fee of approx $7.91 per night).

Go to betterbidding.com for a good resource of this

I went to better bidding and there did not appear to be anything recent. Unfortunately i have been unable to "recreate" the hotel I was offered, so I cannot offer more info. I was so excited that I didnt think to print out the listing.

I am waiting for the mousesavers newsletter to come out and will see what deals, if any, they have, before i book with hotwire

When you go to better bidding, you need to take a look at the Hotwire Hotel list where it lists the possible hotels within in each area, star-level and the listed amenities. Compare that to the offer you are given on Hotwire to hopefully narrow down the choices.

I think it is the Baymont Inn & Suites too. My DD got this hotel for mid-May before she checks into DCP for $33 a night plus $7.91 resort fee. I have warned her that she needs to check the room she's assigned right away and to let the front desk know if there is a problem with the room. She'll only be there 2 nights, so we're hoping for the best.

The $7.91 daily fee is the tip off that it is Baymont Inn,I'm 99% certain that's what it will be.Like I said I had a horrible room that should not have been given to anyone but we had stayed before several times without issues. I still suggest looking for another hotel but if you do decide to get it don't arrive at midnight,get your room early and check that its in good conditions.

I've booked the Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration for the first week of June, and those are the exact parameters I saw before. Room was $34 a night, with a $7.91 nightly resort fee. This will be our 5th time staying at the Baymont. Good hotel, and near a great backroad to disney.

Thank you to everyone who replied. I decided that I didnt want to chance the Baymont, so I selected a $68 a night condo in West Maingate. hotwire stated "the last person who booked this got Mystic Dunes". There is a $13.xx night resort fee.

I also got Mystic Dunes. Hoping for a good time

We also got Mystic Dunes off of Hotwire - will be staying May 14-18. I'm frankly terrified seeing as all the reviews online vary from "pretty good" to "absolutely horrible, dirty, outdated, bugs, etc" Crossing our fingers for a decent experience...hope yours goes well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter