Hotwire for car rental?

ATAfamily

"We can stay up late swapping manly stories, and i
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used Hotwire for renting a car or heard anything about using them for renting a car. My DH & DD are going to Orlando for a karate tournament in October. They will be staying at Disney All-Star and the tournament is being held at the Disney Sport Complex. DH is now thinking that he would like to get a rental car so that they have the freedom to get around instead of depending on taxis. The cheapest price I could find was $175 total price for Alamo but then I was able to get a price on Hotwire for $151 total. Wondering if it was worth the gamble. Any comments or opinions? Thanks a bunch!

Deanne

I've used Hotwire for rental cars twice in Orlando and once in Tampa. I've gotten excellent quality cars, once from Budget and twice from Hertz. The price was great, it was all pre-paid for easy pickup at the airport and I'd do it again any time. It was nice not to have to deal with the extra taxes and fees, the price quoted is the total which makes it much simpler than others I've seen. You have to be sure you want it because you can't cancel, which could be a downside for some.

I agree. We used Hotwire for our august trip and they had the best prices bar none.

Hotwire is OK except that you prepay and can't cancel. Make sure you check out www.mousesavers .com for codes and tips on rental cars. (we are getting a midsize for 10.99/day in Sept with no codes from Thrifty. Can't beat that on Hotwire.

Also, our rental rate changed several times and I kept rebooking. Don't expect it to go any lower, but I keep checking - no penalty for changing ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter