Hotels with their own shuttle?

Many hotels are part of the ART system but there are 2 that I know of, that were grandfathered in, and allowed to keep their own shuttle when the city of Anaheim made the other hotels become part of their ART system, they are the Sheraton Anaheim and the Candy Cane Inn.

The Orange County Hyatt has a private shuttle that goes directly to the park, but they charge you for it. Sometimes they have really decent room rates and I wouldn't mind paying for a shuttle that doesn't have a bunch of stops like the ART.

As mentioned above the Hyatt does - runs every 30 minutes and yes you do pay for it but under 10s ride free and you can use it multiple times each day. Plus the more days you buy, the more they discount it. We used the service last month - very user friendly and we had no complaints

The CCI shuttle is every half hour and there is no extra charge for it. Plus CCI is close enough to walk comfortably if for some reason you miss the shuttle and don't want to wait 30 min.

Thanks for the input everyone. I remember hearing about Candy Cane Inn, but was curious if there were any others.

We just got back from staying at the Hyatt regency. It has a shuttle that costs but the staff is very friendly. My only caution would be that it starts running 45 minutes before the regular park opening time. That means if you have a ticket with Magic Morning, it does not get there until at least half an hour after the earlier hour. For example, when we were there the park opened at 10 am. We couldn't get the shuttle until 9:15 am and it was about a 10-15 minute ride. The earliest we arrived was 9:30 am and then we had to wait in security lines.
It wasn't a big deal for us since we were traveling with small kids and moved slowly anyway :-) but it may be a problem for those interested in using early admission.

We often stay at the Sheraton Anaheim, (the one that looks like a castle) and they have their own dedicated shuttle. They are also reasonably priced for a nice big hotel. We just paid $129.00 for this week.

Candy Cane Inn, Anaheim Sheraton (Castle looking one), Hyatt, Doubletree Orange (near UC Irvine Medical), Embassy Suites North are the ones I know of.

junmatno said:
We were at Embassy Suites a couple years ago and the only shuttle they had was the ART??

I personally have never taken the shuttle but I have read several places that they have a shuttle for a nominal fee. Where as at the Raddison I have road it & it is free.

Homewood Suites has one. It is also shared with the hotel next door (Marriott Suites??)

We used it last year, and it was great. There was a small fee to use it.

We just got back from staying at the Hyatt regency. It has a shuttle that costs but the staff is very friendly. My only caution would be that it starts running 45 minutes before the regular park opening time. That means if you have a ticket with Magic Morning, it does not get there until at least half an hour after the earlier hour. For example, when we were there the park opened at 10 am. We couldn't get the shuttle until 9:15 am and it was about a 10-15 minute ride. The earliest we arrived was 9:30 am and then we had to wait in security lines.
It wasn't a big deal for us since we were traveling with small kids and moved slowly anyway :-) but it may be a problem for those interested in using early admission.

We used the Hyatt shuttle for the first time this week. It was $5/adult, per day. Kids under 10 rode for free. The shuttle departed every 30 minutes from the hotel (at 15 and 45 past the hour), and on the top of the hour & half hour from the park. The first shuttle of the day leaves the Hyatt 45 minutes before park opening. But, from what I understand, "park opening" is when the early entry hour starts. You might want to clarify this with the hotel if it's important to you.

We were told that there'd be no problem getting on the first shuttle of the morning. We got to the line at 9:00 for 9:15 departure. There were only a few other guests waiting in the queue. However, once the bus pulled up at 9:10, dozens of people streamed out from the lobby. We *barely* made it on, and we did not get seats (had to stand the whole way there, which was not great for our 5 year old). There was one family that did not make it on because there was no room left.

I will say that the shuttle was reasonably priced, clean, comfortable (unless you have to stand), and ran on time. If you are 1 minute late getting to the shuttle, you will have to wait for the next one...they really did run on time.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter