Hotels w/ Suites Near Toy Story Lot

clb79

Mouseketeer
I believe these are all kind of close to the Toy Story Lot so we can take advantage of the shuttle if we don't want to walk the entire distance to/from the parks (and if we need to move our car there are the last day due to hotel policy)...

Looking for a Family Suite and think I have it narrowed down to these 4 choices...

BW Raffles - Free Breaksfast - parking 15.00
Cortona Inn - Free Breakfast - parking for a fee not sure how much
La Quinta - Free Breakfast - parking 9.00
Portofino - No Breakfast - parking unknown

Breakfast and Parking costs are a factor I looked at since those fees sneak up on you, but they aren't necessarily the deciding factor either... A comfortable, clean place to come back to is the most important.

Any advice, things/considerations/fees I am missing. Other options with family suites to accommodate 2 adults and 4 kids (2,4,8,10) to consider???

Last edited:
Cortona is nice surprise.
BW/La Quina - Standard chains.
Portofino - Kinda OK.

Homewood Suites opens and so does Hyatt Place in December/first quarter. They are both right by Toy Story lot. I don't know if you want 2 queens 1 bedroom suite though with pull out.

Homewood Suites opens and so does Hyatt Place in December/first quarter. They are both right by Toy Story lot. I don't know if you want 2 queens 1 bedroom suite though with pull out.

Right. We booked this for next March. And taking a tip from another DIS poster, discovered that their rates drop considerably if you book for 7 days or more. I had originally booked a 5 day trip, but changed to 7 days for nearly the same price. They have both standard rooms and suites, with the suites only a little more.

Bob

Take my advice and book a back up cancellable reservation now if you plan on booking a hotel that has not yet completed construction. The Holiday inn Express was supposed to open this past August!! I made a reservation here in July for mid October thinking it would give them plenty of time. They had a Facebook page for this specific hotel and they continued to assure everyone that they would in fact be opening on schedule. They continued to push the opening day back, causing people who had reservations in September to change their plans. Now the FB page is gone. I don't know what is going on with the construction delays and why it would be that far behind. I was able to get another reservation, but it was more expensive than what I had booked at HIE. If I had made the back up reservation earlier, it would have been closer in price.

Do any of these suites have two bathrooms? We are also a family of two adults and 4 kids. Sharing one bathroom it not my favorite when we all need to get to bed or get going early in the morning.

Cortona is nice surprise.
BW/La Quina - Standard chains.
Portofino - Kinda OK.

Not to hijack but cna you elaborate on Portofino and Cortona ? Debating one of them for my thanksgiving stay for me and my husband :)

Do any of these suites have two bathrooms? We are also a family of two adults and 4 kids. Sharing one bathroom it not my favorite when we all need to get to bed or get going early in the morning.
Residence Inn and Suites Maingate - 2 bedroom suite and PentHouse suites have 2.

Double Tree Inn and Suites, but they only have one bathroom.

Carousel Inn and Suites - Resort Suite.

Right. We booked this for next March. And taking a tip from another DIS poster, discovered that their rates drop considerably if you book for 7 days or more. I had originally booked a 5 day trip, but changed to 7 days for nearly the same price. They have both standard rooms and suites, with the suites only a little more.

Bob

Just went to extend my stay and rates are up $40/night!

Not to hijack but cna you elaborate on Portofino and Cortona ? Debating one of them for my thanksgiving stay for me and my husband :)

Cortona by far. Had a suite with them and didn't know to do with myself. Total surprise.

Anaheim Plaza Hotel has a Family Suite option with 2 connected rooms that each have 2 beds. We stayed there several years ago and it was nice to have the extra bathroom, but they are out of our budget this time around.

So you can stay at these hotels and walk to the Disneyland parking lot and ride the tram? That sounds nice!

We haven't ever done it, but have heard that it is ok to do, at least maybe coming back at night, unless you have to show a parking receipt or something...

We've stayed at La Quinta the last two times and loved it. Parking tends to be an issue though. On our final night the small standard lot was full. We were forced to use valet parking which was a bit inconvenient since we had to pack the car the next morning. I also didn't have any cash with me to tip the valet in the morning(different guy) as I had no original intention of using their service. It shouldn't be too much of an issue if you aren't driving around a lot. We still drove to the parks. I guess we could have tried to walk to the tram but I think they were using it for cast member parking at the time so it seemed strange to do.

The rooms were nice but basic, they remodeled last year(still doing some touch ups now but not annoyingly so). Two double beds or one King bed on one side, sofa bed or trundle bed on the other with a little kids table.

Breakfast consists of Some basics: Little waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereals, toasted bread items and machine juices.

It is pet friendly though so if you are allergic to or uncomfortable around dogs, that might be an issue.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all of the advise. We actually had an offer come up that we can't refuse. We have family about 30 minutes away that we didn't want to impose on, but they will all be out of state during our trip and offered to let us stay at their house while they are gone. We still might book one of these hotels for 1 night (the night before we do our MM Entry so we can be right there), but haven't decided whether its worth it for that...

We haven't ever done it, but have heard that it is ok to do, at least maybe coming back at night, unless you have to show a parking receipt or something...
No, you don't have to show a parking receipt. You can simply get on the bus at DL and ride. Once you're there, just get off and walk to your hotel. It doesn't save any time but it will save your feet a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter