Hotels that have Character Breakfast

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by mishlove68, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mishlove68

mishlove68 Mouseketeer

Hi, Can someone help me out? I wanted to find out which hotels other then the hotels on Disney property have a Character breakfast, and if they are good? Thank you

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MattM

MattM DIS Veteran

The Hilton Orlando lake Buena Vista and the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista both have character breakfasts certain days of the week, I believe.

4. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

We have done the one at Hilton DTD and have been very pleased with the price and character time. Minnie, Pluto there each time and others varied. Get there at 750 to be he first to sit! Don't tell everyone though it seems to be off the beaten path from All the craziness! Good luck!

5. FoodLover

FoodLover Founder of MouseSavers.com

Only hotels on Disney property are allowed to have Disney character breakfasts. There are non-Disney-owned hotels on Disney property that offer character breakfasts, if that's what you're looking for:

• Buena Vista Palace (near Downtown Disney, at Watercress Cafe, Sundays only)
    • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (near Downtown Disney, at Covington Mill, Sundays only)
    • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (near Downtown Disney, at Lakeview Restaurant, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
    • WDW Swan Hotel (near Disney's BoardWalk, at Garden Grove restaurant, Saturdays and Sundays)

Mary
    MouseSavers.com

6. mishlove68

mishlove68 Mouseketeer

Thank you, these are perfect

7. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Another option you may want to consider is the "Shrek Feast" character breakfast at Gaylord Palms (Shrek, Fiona and Puss n Boots are the characters appearing). Food is awesome and the hotel is gorgeous (the atrium is worth a tour on its own). Price is $29.99 pp with a 10% discount to hotel guests. Characters spent a ton of time at our table and came around more than once.

Buffet is HUGE.........best breakfast buffet I've ever seen.

You can check out my trip report (see the link in my signature) for our experience there in December. The Shrek Feast begins at page 8, post 120.

8. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Anyone ever been to any of these breakfasts, and what did you think? Any idea of the cost, and which characters appear at each?

9. wolf29

wolf29 DIS Veteran

Interested as well...anyone?

10. jeff968

jeff968 DIS Veteran

Another option that you may or may not have already thought of is the Disney hotels that have Breakfast but don't require a park admission or staying at the hotel. An example would be Ohanna's in the Poly resort. It has a breakfast with the characters. You can just drive there. They don't charge for the parking but you'll have to have a reservation.

11. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

@hilton I remember it was like 18 for adults and 11 for kids, DD2 was free! Minnie and Pluto were there I can't remember the other two :)

12. Northernlites

Northernlites Mouseketeer

breakfast expensive....

13. happy2012

happy2012 ♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin'

You can park free @ DTD to get to the Hilton. It is right across the street. We dropped off a rental car @ the avis inside the Hilton. It was a very easy walk.

14. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

So, I did some calling around about the character breakfasts and here's some info that I found out. Thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested .

Buena Vista Palace
    Sundays only, 8 am to 11 am
    $24.99 per adult (sorry, did not get the kids price)
    Parking price is unknown

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
    Sundays only
    $22.50 for adults, $9 for kids, $13 to park

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
    $24.99 for adults, $12.95 for kids, complimentary self parking

WDW Swan
    Saturday and Sunday, 8 am - 11 am
    $23.99 for adults (again, missed the kids price on this one....sorry!)
    AAA members get discount, but they will not allow CAA (Canadian) members to claim the discount with their card :confused3 (yes, I asked......they even checked with 2 managers)
    Parking is $15

Prices above are without tax as far as I know. All info given to me over the phone by various reps at each individual property.

15. Arkum

Arkum Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!

16. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

Parking is $15
    :scared1::scared1::scared1:
    Crooks. Just for eating there?

17. redsonja76

redsonja76 Mouseketeer

Thank you for this awesome tip!!! My DD adores puss in boots, this will make her day!

18. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

You are welcome! :thumbsup2

Its a fun meal......have a wonderful time!

19. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

We park at the Yacht Club when eating at the Swan or Dolphin. The parking is free there, and we like wandering the Disney resorts after eating anyhow. :thumbsup2 If someone isn't up to the walking (little ones or whatever), we've had no trouble dropping people off or picking them up there without paying parking.