Hotels On 75 Ga/fl Line

suz2

Mouseketeer
We are headed down in Feb. for Pres. week. We may leave right after work on Fri. instead of waiting to Sat. morning. Can anyone recommend some nice, clean, and not too expensive hotels off of 75 either in Valdosta or Lake City?

This is probably a best fit on the DIS Transportation Board and as such I'm moving this there.

Knox

In Valdosta, the Country Inn & Suites is very, very nice - I'd choose it over any other place in town (or southern Georgia/Northern Florida, for that matter). If you want something less expensive, the best Econolodge I've ever seen is in Valdosta at the same exit (clean, modern, interior corridors, etc. - built just a few years ago).

In Lake City, try the Holiday Inn. A bit expensive, but nice, with amenities not found at most roadside hotels.

Some friends of ours stayed at the Country Inn and Suites once and said it was nice. There are also a couple Hamptons that I've passed by in that area as well...

The Hampton and Jameson Inns in Valdosta are both very nice . They are located next to each other right behind Cracker Barrel and also by the Mall.

I was also wondering about hotels in Lake City, Fl. I've stayed in Valdosta and Tiftan, but would really like to make it a little farther. TIA :thumbsup2

For Lake City, again, the Holiday Inn is a good choice. There is also a Jameson Inn there which we have stayed in a number of times before the newer Holiday Inn opened, which would also be a good choice (and somewhat less expensive). Literally across the interstate is a fairly new Hampton Inn and another Country Inn (which was immaculate the one time we stayed there, but I'd prefer the Valdosta Country Inn over this one).

I cannot recommend the Hampton Inn at Exit 5 (Lake Park). We had trouble with homeless people sleeping in the halls and huge snakes at the pool doors.

In Lake City, a brand new Fairfield Inn by Marriott has opened off the Highway 90 Exit. I would recommend this hotel, or the Hampton Inn which is right next to the Fairfield Inn. Lake City will put you 2 hours north of Disney and an easy drive down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter