• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels near WAP?

jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
We moved our trip up by 2 days thanks to a SW airfare sale and now have 2 extra days to spend before driving up to DL. We thought we might get WAP out of the way since it seems to be the attraction furthest away (plus, we have all our hotel reservations and I am having trouble switching them around) but I have no idea what kind of accommodations are available in that area. Anything you can recommend? Near decent restaurants? Thanks!

There are really no nice hotels near the WAP, that I am aware of. I would suggest looking into staying in Carlsbad. That way, you can just take the 78 back to your hotel, stay in a nice area near the beach and restaurants, and then DL will only be about an hour away.

It's probably a 30-minute drive from the WAP to Carlsbad.

The closest hotels to the WAP are motels, but if you travel a few minutes south to Rancho Bernardo, there are some nicer hotels, but not much to do, and probably your typical chain-type restaurants. My parents stayed at the Radisson in Rancho Bernardo once and thought it was very nice.

HTH!

You know, after much debate, we're thinking of doing two days at Legoland instead of going to the WAP so we probably will stay in Carlsbad those two nights. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter